Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    Problem that there is 0 incentive to do mythic Ghuun in the first place, with next patch this content will be obsolete while raggy will be valuable pretty much through the entire vanilla
    You already forgot the ZG and T0.5 catchup, eh? yeah I know vanilla was 14 years ago :P

PS: if you are in this game just to gear yourself you are doing it wrong anyways

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    You already forgot the ZG and T0.5 catchup, eh? yeah I know vanilla was 14 years ago :P

PS: if you are in this game just to gear yourself you are doing it wrong anyways
    How is value from Ragg loses from ZG and 0,5 tier? Also ZG trinket is still BIS for the whole game pretty much.
    You are in game to actually use this gear to progress further in pve/pvp, while gear in BFA doesnt provide it anymore partially aside from raids.
    Even people who were doing the Naxx content were looking back on old tier 1 instances for some loot, i can even say some TBC guilds were farming some items since it was still BIS in TBC on 70 level, so nothing even remotely close to BFA.

All the interesting stuff like zones, dungeons, raids are ruined in BFA by bad gameplay, class design and horrible itemization, also new features like warmode which i like is also ruined by ilvl scale feature which they don't even explain since probably some horse shit in the formula's so totally embarrased to show it to public.

because current wow has a messy lore makes no sense, i hate world quests daisy quests and other similar stuff, there is no role play and sense of adventure in this game, i hate instant stuff, i hate heirlooms,i hate lfg, i hate garrison stuff class halls etc and any other thing that makes it alt unfriendly and i hate flying mounts.

at least vanilla had a feeling of adventure and world seemed way bigger than this one and the story was more serious than the current one , this wow is more of a parody now

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone play vanilla at all?!

As someone that played Druid and Paladin... Never. Never would I want to go back to those dark, dark days.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post

ZG is not free loot. The bosses there are genuinely hard. Catch up gear is when you do dungeons 50 times to get some currency, and spend it on epic pieces of gear. ZG is 5 man slots short of being a full BfA Mythic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Why would anyone play vanilla at all?!

As someone that played Druid and Paladin... Never. Never would I want to go back to those dark, dark days.
    Dont you miss PallyPower?????

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    ZG is not free loot. The bosses there are genuinely hard. Catch up gear is when you do dungeons 50 times to get some currency, and spend it on epic pieces of gear. ZG is 5 man slots short of being a full BfA Mythic raid.
    Which is a good thing because you couldnt just skip raid tiers and get better gear in easier content.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    People have sucha . romanticised view of vanilla. Within a day or two people will remember how much it sucked.

They should at least let ZG mounts and similar unlock account wide to keep people playing on them.
    This not explains why several hundred thousand people have played on private servers for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Mythic is 20 man btw, so the same as ZG. I wouldn't compare ZG to mythic raids though, the difference is way to big. I also wouldn't call ZG bosses hard. Most of them are actually pretty easy, the only harder bosses there back in the day were Hakkar and Jindo, that and the fact that generally spoken ZG loot was alot better itemized than for example MC loot and the fact that ZG bosses would generally drop the same amount of loot as a 40 man MC boss but for only 20 ppl and only a 3 day lockout means you could basicly gear up 3-4 times as fast as before in MC. In this light you could see ZG as the first slight catchup mechanism in WoW. Its definately not free loot, but its relatively easy and its alot of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    This not explains why several hundred thousand people have played on private servers for 7 years.
    The total number of ppl that played doesn't say a whole lot in this case (altough its a nice number), more interesting to see is how many of those several 100.000 are still playing after 7 years, how long ppl generally play on a pserver before they quit and how many of those accounts are actually valid accounts, it might not be true, but for example on Nost i heard that they had 800.000 characters created over +- 150.000 unique accounts, but that around 20-25% of those unique accounts were stuff like (botting) gold farmers, guild bank account and the likes., and also a player that played on Nost and for example Elysium of Lightshope is only 1 unique player, but if for example Nost say we had 150.000 accounts, Elysium says we have 200.000 unique accounts and LH say's we have 200.000 unique account someone will say: look theres 550.000 ppl playing pservers, while worst case its only 200.000 (if all played nost, elysium and LH). Without proper official numbers its very hard to tell how popular pservers actually are.
    Last edited by chronia; 2018-09-24 at 05:19 PM.

I’d play for the nostalgia, private servers are one thing but it’s not the proper experience, plus if the stuff you do on classic allows you to gain rewards on retail then yes I would play it

Blizzard had the right answer originally-

"You think you do, but you don't." Some of you really think you do, but as soon as you catch yourself grinding weeks for an epic mount, or have to manually find groups, or have to herd 39 others for a simple raid while sitting in Kargath for 2 hours, it's all over. Imagine the forum rage that's coming when people realize they are going to continuously get farmed by Combat rogues in PvP, or melee'd down as a warrior by a resto shaman with windfury totems... none of which will receive balancing changes for that "authentic" classic experience.

Even more comical is the suggestion that people are going to play it casually on the side, as if any player could have any sort of success in that game by playing casually. You will be frustrated because your character WILL suck ass until it's geared, something that took an age in that expansion. You run with 40 people, and have a small percent chance for your classes gear to drop, then an even smaller chance that you're actually the class member in the raid that will get that piece of gear.

Plus what's the point? Going back to Molten Core with DBM and TellMeWhen is a joke. Guilds are going to one shot every bit of content in there, then it just becomes a silly gear grind for supremacy in a sparsely populated world.

I'm starting to think that half of the people who want Classic WoW never actually played it.
    Last edited by Didly; 2018-09-26 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Blizzard had the right answer originally-

"You think you do, but you don't." Some of you really think you do, but as soon as you catch yourself grinding weeks for an epic mount, or have to manually find groups, or have to herd 39 others for a simple raid while sitting in Kargath for 2 hours, it's all over. Imagine the forum rage that's coming when people realize they are going to continuously get farmed by Combat rogues in PvP, or melee'd down as a warrior by a resto shaman with windfury totems... none of which will receive balancing changes for that "authentic" classic experience.

Even more comical is the suggestion that people are going to play it casually on the side, as if any player could have any sort of success in that game by playing casually. You will be frustrated because your character WILL suck ass until it's geared, something that took an age in that expansion. You run with 40 people, and have a small percent chance for your classes gear to drop, then an even smaller chance that you're actually the class member in the raid that will get that piece of gear.

Plus what's the point? Going back to Molten Core with DBM and TellMeWhen is a joke. Guilds are going to one shot every bit of content in there, then it just becomes a silly gear grind for supremacy in a sparsely populated world.

I'm starting to think that half of the people who want Classic WoW never actually played it.
    The worst thing is that they are forcing us to play it. I wish there was a way to avoid Vanilla wow and topics about the thing.
    Someone let me know if you find a way...

Why is this thread always being necroed over and over again?

People are gonna Play vanilla, because they can. Deal with it. /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Why is this thread always being necroed over and over again?

People are gonna Play vanilla, because they can. Deal with it. /thread
    You will not enjoy it because i dont like it.
    I played vanilla 19years ago and its old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    You will not enjoy it because i dont like it.
    I played vanilla 19years ago and its old now.
    Yeah that's pretty much this entire thread summarized

Deleted
    I've not been happy with the game since wod/legion myself (as someone that started in TBC). I find the current retail enjoyable for a short while however it lacks character for classes, reputations and overall game progression. The earlier versions of the game could keep you busy for months rather than a week or 3-4.

Deleted
    Who would have the time to play both to a decent level? Classic WoW took a lot of time to progress through

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    You want the explanation? It's free.

Give it 3 weeks and people are going to grow tired of how long everything takes. WoW has evolved into a very casual experience for most people, and there's still multiple threads being made a week about making the game more accessible for people who don't have time to play it. To me, wow is going to have a very niche community of players, people who can actually dedicate the majority of their free time to progress through the game.

On top of that, there's going to be an absolute boat load of addons to make the game easier for people. Quest trackers, farming spots, i'm almost willing to bet a group finder gets added into the game at some point. People are going to try and make the game as similar to retail as possible, but within the vanilla realm.

Pretty sure "you think you do, but you don't" is going to be a reality.