5+ Year Old Account

Horde Worth coming back?

I have been playing Wow since BC almost entirely without interruption. Once Legion came out I played that a month before patch 7.1 dropped. Now with the upcoming release of BfA my question is simple. Is it worth it? Is it worth My time and my money. Will it be impossible to get into the story without finishing up my Artifact weapon or are there catch ups built in? Seeing all the negative posts and admissions of Blizz saying patch 8.0.1 is not running as intended makes me think about all the other patches that have never gone right but they get fixed. What do you guys think? I'm serious to get some opinions before I drop close to 100 bucks for the game and sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is low quality bait at best. No one but you can tell you if the game is worth your time or money. Also if you have played since BC and as currently as just before 7.1 dropped why would you need to drop $100 on the game and sub?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The only person who can answer that question is you. If you didn't enjoy playing Legion, why would people who do enjoy Legion have a valuable opinion for you?

You're like a vegan asking for recommendations on a good steakhouse.
    Most wise answer, to be honest. We can't really give you the final answer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindhouse247 View Post
    I have been playing Wow since BC almost entirely without interruption. Once Legion came out I played that a month before patch 7.1 dropped. Now with the upcoming release of BfA my question is simple. Is it worth it? Is it worth My time and my money. Will it be impossible to get into the story without finishing up my Artifact weapon or are there catch ups built in? Seeing all the negative posts and admissions of Blizz saying patch 8.0.1 is not running as intended makes me think about all the other patches that have never gone right but they get fixed. What do you guys think? I'm serious to get some opinions before I drop close to 100 bucks for the game and sub.
    Or, you can pay 15 dollars and try out the pre-patch without having to do any other purchases to see how you like it? Artifact weapon is useless in BFA after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    This wasn't click bait. Just asking an honest question. I love playing Wow. Just took a break while a bunch of real-world things popped off. the 100 bucks was for BfA and a sub. I was just wanting to know the opinions of folks that are currently playing. That's all. Oh and just to let you know. I love a good steak. lol

Honest answer, no one can tell you what your time and your money is worth. Unless you're a child and you live at home with mommy and daddy, you have to evaluate your own worth.

The game is still fun. You decide.

WoW is still WoW.
    If you enjoyed it then you might enjoy it now (or not since people and their preferences change over time).
    If you didn't like it then you won't like it now.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think starting These kind of Topics is against the forum rules as it is a Question we cannot answer you and These threads always go quickly offtopic.

I always say WoW is worth coming back to because for the $15 sub you are always getting more content then dropping $60 on a new console game. Always a new class to level and/or gear, always a transmog to collect, always new mounts and pets to collect.
    As for the current state going forward, BfA just seems to be a simpler Legion in terms of how classes work, so if you liked having less abilities to press and perfect and preferred simpler times like BC/Wrath, I definitely say try it out. I myself like this particularly for my rogue and warrior (I have never-ever liked Fury before 8.0.5). But the game-play in my opinion is worse for a lot of classes, mainly WW monk and Shadowpriest.
    Hope this helps! But my main point is WoW is always worth another try

7+ Year Old Account
    Worth comming for classic.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I think starting These kind of Topics is against the forum rules as it is a Question we cannot answer you and These threads always go quickly offtopic.
    I wasn't trying to break rules. Just getting a feel of what has really changed since Leigon and now. I can read all about it but I like to get opinions of actual players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercruxio View Post
    I always say WoW is worth coming back to because for the $15 sub you are always getting more content then dropping $60 on a new console game. Always a new class to level and/or gear, always a transmog to collect, always new mounts and pets to collect.
    As for the current state going forward, BfA just seems to be a simpler Legion in terms of how classes work, so if you liked having less abilities to press and perfect and preferred simpler times like BC/Wrath, I definitely say try it out. I myself like this particularly for my rogue and warrior (I have never-ever liked Fury before 8.0.5). But the game-play in my opinion is worse for a lot of classes, mainly WW monk and Shadowpriest.
    Hope this helps! But my main point is WoW is always worth another try
    Thank you for the input. I like tank classes but I'm not sure with all the changes maybe its time for a class change. REROOOOOLL! lol Thanks Again.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt. First, artifact weapons are done. There is no catch up. They have been depowered. So no worries there. You probably missed out on getting the mage tower skin though. Can't get that one anymore. Second, you can work on the requirements for the current allied races as well. Something to do. There isn't much in terms of new content, but there are some new wqs that drop some 210 ilvl gear. Great catch up for alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you are 110 you can just begin the Darkshore qline and get very decent gear from it. BfA will feel more ok to you than us who played Legion because we feel the loss of all the extras that came with the artifacts.

As stated, no one can answer that question for you. If you did not enjoy Legion I can tell after playing BfA beta that it is just more of the same. Instead of artifact weapon you level up azurite gear only to lose it at the end of BfA. BfA has 10 meaningless levels (you gain NO new talents or abilities during these 10 levels an you in fact get weaker per level due to mob scaling). Then you run dungeons and WQ for gear, then you raid and run WQ for gear. Some people will call warfronts "new" but they are nothing new at all actually.

So did you enjoy the formula in Legion? If yes you might enjoy BfA, if not, the BfA holds nothing for you.

Depends on what you like. Personally, I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm not into the faction conflict, the only feature that appeals to me are the allied races which are all locked behind rep grinds, flying's going to be unavailable for another ~9 months, some class/spec issues aren't going to be addressed until 8.1 at the earliest, it seems like it might be alt/solo unfriendly, and I am not at all interested in grinding more AP after having done it all through Legion. There hasn't been anything that's made me think there's any benefit to buying it at launch, but multiple ones for waiting 6+ months.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

There's not nearly enough time left in the expansion to do everything. If you wanted catch ups, it really should have been before artifact weapons were disabled, as you're now in a significantly worse position.

However, Legion is currently the "base game" so it won't cost you any extra to start up now and enjoy Legion for a bit before commencing BFA. If allied races interest you, i'd go for those rep grinds now. Currently I'm trying to finish Balance of Power on one of my alts since that only requires mythic+0's and normal mode earlier raids.

I can't speak on BFA as I don't have beta access and have avoided spoilers. Only on the prepatch, of which I can say that classes are not ruined, and global cooldown changes did not have more than a minor impact on rotation pacing. Just to ease your mind of some of the doomsayers out there.