Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Wonder if this will eventually get the mst3k treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    this was such a random movie... it felt like the movie was made up by random scenes from other movies, the dialog was like bad fan fiction. The way they wrote new dialog around Leias Last Jedi cut dialog and try to force it into this movie was just horrible. Also My favorite scene in the movie:

/scene begins

Poe: How did you defeat the Empire with nothing?
    Lando: We had each other, and so do you kid.

/next scene

Like wtf
    Yeah the pacing, especially the beginning, is ass. The first 15-30 plays like a bunch of SW skits rather than a coherent movie.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wonder if this will eventually get the mst3k treatment.
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post

My expectations were low but holy fuck.
    Haha, never realized that guy looks just like Sheldon Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yeah the pacing, especially the beginning, is ass. The first 15-30 plays like a bunch of SW skits rather than a coherent movie.
    Colin Treverrow was listed with a writing credit so they had to have used some of his original script, but it feels like Abrams and Terrio hashed one out from scratch and I would guess Terrio did most of the work. It has a very "BvS: Dawn of Justice" feel to it, and Terrio rewrote Goyer's script for that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Well they also kinda made Rogue One pointless with this movie.

Rogue One tells that you need alot of kyber Crystals for the death star weapon that is why a planet destroying weapon is so rare in StarWars.
    Well guess in rise of skywalker it is shown that you can just put a planet destroying weapon under a small spaceship without any effort since Palpatine did this without anybody knowing and build alot of them.
    Uuuugh, man that's definitely a way to crap on the only GOOD Star Wars movie Disney has made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Your understanding of explosions is very flawed.
    An object blown up from the inside certainly sends pieces of the object flying in all directions.
    Not whole large fucking completely intact chunks...sorry.

I know you're desperately grasping at straws to make sense of this but people like JJ don't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Uuuugh, man that's definitely a way to crap on the only GOOD Star Wars movie Disney has made.
    Rogue One was probably a mistake or a fluke, something that happened that they did not intend to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    My problems will all the Star Wars movies from TFA to RoS ... all of them to be feel like several movies mashed into a single movie. They go to hit so many beats in each movie, but never give much time to breath. Even TFA and Rogue One (the two best) had this problem.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the movie, kinda surprised the emperor didn't learn his lesson regarding force lightning and lightsabers .

the planet that got blown up was of no importance, wasn't explained what was on the planet, etc. such a shit story

and wtf why was rose even in the movie? for fat representation?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    - Holdo is replaced with Ackbar ... you don't kill Ackbar like they did. Ackbar chooses not to tell Poe the plan because of his actions earlier in the film as he is too much of a wild card to be trusted at this time. Rather than the hope bs they had Holdo do.
    This is the exact reason Holdo didn't tell Poe the plan, but that you're ascribing to...something else? Holdo wasn't on the bridge when it blew up because she literally commanded another ship, and had to come over to the Raddus (which was the capital ship). All she knew about Poe was that he had been recently demoted by a now-unconscious Leia for being reckless and disobeying an order.

So apparently Palpatine survived endor through "using technomagic and sith alchemy to keep his corpse alive while he possesses it."

meh

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is the exact reason Holdo didn't tell Poe the plan, but that you're ascribing to...something else? Holdo wasn't on the bridge when it blew up because she literally commanded another ship, and had to come over to the Raddus (which was the capital ship). All she knew about Poe was that he had been recently demoted by a now-unconscious Leia for being reckless and disobeying an order.
    No, Holdo didn't tell Poe the plan NOT because he was demoted and his actions ... because "you had to have hope" ... you don't get to ignore that BS.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    So apparently Palpatine survived endor through "using technomagic and sith alchemy to keep his corpse alive while he possesses it."

meh
    Is that the official explanation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Not whole large fucking completely intact chunks...sorry.

I know you're desperately grasping at straws to make sense of this but people like JJ don't make sense.

Man that's literally how explosions work. Especially when you have a structure that was mostly hollow. Pieces don't turn into dust.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. It's so painfully obvious that this movie tries so hard to make amends (desperate fixes) for TLJ. "Emperor was planned from the start"? Bullshit! Rian Johnson suddenly offs Snoke for no reason, and JJ was left with shit. Apperently pointing fingers alr started between JJ and Rian.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

meh
    No. Palpatine died. His state is unnatural. The Sith doing unnatural things, including cheating death, have existed in the SW mythos for decades. If you want to pick it apart, nothing about him being 'alive' is original to this movie. The Force has always been space juju magic.

What they did do, doubt it will be appreciated here, is explain the strength of the Rule of Two and how that transfer of power really works.

Instead of just passing down Sith traditions through conventional teaching, the number one Sith is sort of a vessel. A vessel for all the Sith Force energy before them. The number two Sith absorbs all of that energy when the number dies/is killed. Vader fucked up by not taking the energy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I suspect the shill reviewers didn't get their monies so were free to be critical, normally they'd trip over themselves with praise like with TLJ..
    I wonder what the audience score will be.

I suspect monies will go into Disney+ for years n movies have been put on hold indefinitely. No point defending a dead horse.
    So when the critics praise a movie you don't like, they're shills being paid to do so. But when they agree with you, they're not being paid off? Instead of you know, just having a different opinion than you on the movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wow. It's so painfully obvious that this movie tries so hard to make amends (desperate fixes) for TLJ. "Emperor was planned from the start"? Bullshit! Rian Johnson suddenly offs Snoke for no reason, and JJ was left with shit. Apperently pointing fingers alr started between JJ and Rian.
    They literally (in both senses of the word) have been talking about Palpatine's contingency since TFA. Ever since we knew about the Battle of Jakku, which was brought into canon before TFA was released. They might not have ironed out the specific road to get there but the general trail was already plotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is what happens when you go into a trilogy without a plan.

Director A sets up his signature puzzle box without definitive answers there.

Director B tosses it aside to do what HE wants to do instead.

Now they have to try and pick up the pieces.