Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Disney made me appreciate the prequels a lot more than I already did
    Yeah I rewatched the prequels a couple of weeks ago, and was amazed by how much better they were now that I've seen TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    well thank god, hopefully this would put the final shit nail in this coffin and never make another main series movie again.

Then we can all continue pretending 1-3 7-9 don't exist. Because they're shit.
    Or you could just have pretended they didn't exist all along, and never really get upset by anything so trivial.

Like me, for example. Star Wars isn't a blip on my radar at all! Except for reading butt-hurt posts by people; those are pretty entertaining.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

It's going to be a Naruto ripoff it is.
    Rey = Naruto, Kylo Ren = Sasuke

Some one is losing his hand

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Did it? I must have forgotten them. The extending one Maul had seemed slot more practical I wonder why a Jedi/sith wouldn’t use one of those if they wanted a duel blade.
    General Pong Krell. Spoilers for Clone Wars in this vid, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post

Good. Severed limbs are a vital part of Star Wars that the Sequel trilogy needs more of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Why not both?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they lose 1 hand each by the end? So, as someone already said, why not both?

For those bashing the sequel trilogy, TLJ was absolute garbage. BUT it's still better than Episodes 2 and 3 COMBINED. Mostly because Lucas was legitimately trying to make movies whereas Rian Johnson was purposely trolling fans. So honestly, just pretend TLJ didn't happen. It adds literally nothing to the story anyway other than Luke dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    From what we can gather in Star Wars canon is that the Light side encourages and almost requires serenity, calm and basically cold logic to be used effectively. The Dark side is used from a place of passion and strong emotions.

If any fantasy trope is apparent here, IMO, it's that the Light isn't always good and the Dark isn't always bad it's how the person uses it. Maybe that's where this is all going.
    This is the second time I have seen reference to WoW plot lines. Vader Helmet possessed by Palp and now the Light being bad and the Dark being good or morally grey
    One points to LK and the other to Illidan. I am getting scared that they are using WoW story to push theirs lol. /end scarcasm

Looking over the thread and my own rememberances of the EU, I think more about the trilogy Heir to the Empire. Coboth being a Clone Jedi Master and having a cloning facility. This to me can explain Rey being a clone.

Looking at Rey and Kylo, I feel they are pulling from the Ben and Jaina story(though if the line is accurate Rey is a clone) where the one sibling has to kill the other.

Looking at the Fleet of Star Destroyers rings me back the Heir of the Empire with Thrawn and his Fleet of SDs in the Unknown Galaxy

Disney has been pulling all sorts of Lore from the EU and brining it into current canon so I can see the Rey clone thing as a reality, but I look at it more from a mirrored memory. She cant see her parents because she does not recognize the shadows and cant put it together or that her parents used the Force to hide that truth from her to protect herself and what she must do, end Kylo.

I dont see the clone thing panning out. But I am still convinced that she is Ben's sister or cousin and Disney is using the Jacen and Jaina storyline from Fate of the Jedi to push this trilogy.

Just my thoughts

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    For those bashing the sequel trilogy, TLJ was absolute garbage. BUT it's still better than Episodes 2 and 3 COMBINED. Mostly because Lucas was legitimately trying to make movies whereas Rian Johnson was purposely trolling fans. So honestly, just pretend TLJ didn't happen. It adds literally nothing to the story anyway other than Luke dying.
    TLJ adds quite a bit to the story other then Luke’s death. It shows kylo didn’t go full dark side as planned when he killed Han, kylo becomes his own master and master of the first order by killing snoke. As well as fleshing out why kylo turned to snoke to begin with and why he has a grudge against luke.

Rey oh the other hand loses her saber and is shown to be willing if not happy to give into the dark side of the force while also distrusting Luke now.

Then we have luke him self who not only learned that the Jedi and the sith are a never ending back and forth with innocence caught in between but has also had the original Jedi text and has no idea what they actually contrain.

TLJ Added a crap ton to the story even if you comply ignore the first order/residence stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    That Empire fleet though. What could possibly destroy all of that? Surely there will be Ghost Force intervention and they'll throw cosmic lightnings at them.
    Didn't watch the trailer, but now we "know" it's easy af to destroy ships by throwing any random cargo at lightspeed through them, I have no idea how this could be considered as any sort of threat

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    well thank god, hopefully this would put the final shit nail in this coffin and never make another main series movie again.

Then we can all continue pretending 1-3 7-9 don't exist. Because they're shit.
    I don't think a nail made out of shit would be terribly effective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    For some reason a flip light saber seems endlessly silly to me.
    Someone pointed out that the flipsaber design first appeared in Rebels, which makes sense, because I'm pretty sure all the weapons in that were designed by Hasbro. Kanaan's split-saber, Ezra's blaster-saber, the Inquisitor's spin-saber, Maul's cane-saber. Everything in that show is first and foremost a toy.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-08-26 at 05:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Didn't watch the trailer, but now we "know" it's easy af to destroy ships by throwing any random cargo at lightspeed through them, I have no idea how this could be considered as any sort of threat
    I mean it’s been a thing since before Disney bought starwars but that didn’t make every thing else less of a threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Someone pointed out that the flipsaber design first appeared in Rebels, which makes sense, because I'm pretty sure all the weapons in that were designed by Hasbro. Kanaan's split-saber, Ezra's blaster-saber, the Inquisitor's spin-saber, Maul's cane-saber. Everything in that show is first and foremost a toy.
    That’s a good point they really went all out of the toys design for rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This is the second time I have seen reference to WoW plot lines.
    If you think Light vs Dark is story that originates from WoW, you need to get out more.

It's an incredibly common trope and WoW is just another game/story in a LONG line of stories using it.

Not sure if that whole opening sentence was sarcasm or not, responded as if it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Red saber crystals were typically synthetic crystals (according to current lore anyway), and while yes they were typically used by dark side users that doesn't mean the person holding it is automatically on the dark side. Maybe she didn't have access to a "normal" crystal and had to make her own saber using a synthetic crystal, maybe it's an old red crystal from some dead Sith that she used in her saber, maybe the saber itself is from a dark side user she defeated.
    Not current lore. Red crystals are 'bled' to get that way.

On the topic:

Dope trailer/teaser. Just hitting on what others wrote.

The large fleet of SDs look inactive. Thats probably a type of space boneyard or reserve waiting for Sidious. No need to destroy all of the them if they are never turned on type deal.

I'm more convinced that 'Dark Rey' isn't 'our' Rey. One, why waste time with all the shots her training and fighting as good Rey and then just blow their load? No, what we have is Sidious in a body or possessing Rey. Look at the mannerisms, they very Sidious like. That big as Rob isn't the dark Jedi one either, the it's the one only the Sith have worn. As he definitely has two sabers and two red crystals.

They showed a shot of exiting hyperspace within an atmosphere...i guess that's a think and not a one time deal anymore.

Not enough Kylo.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm more convinced that 'Dark Rey' isn't 'our' Rey. One, why waste time with all the shots her training and fighting as good Rey and then just blow their load? No, what we have is Sidious in a body or possessing Rey. Look at the mannerisms, they very Sidious like.
    Why waste all that time with Anakin showing his fall to the Dark Side, only to have him redeem himself at the last minute?
    Why show Luke struggling with the Dark Side, and nearly falling to it multiple times, only to have him overcome that temptation in the end?

They've also shown Rey being really open to the Dark Side, drawn to it. Like, explicitly, having Luke specifically say that right out loud to the audience, so you couldn't miss it.

Not all character development is positive. If this trilogy is meant to ape Eps IV-VI in basic structure, but they want to do something "new", transplanting Anakin's fall onto Rey is a good twist, and they've laid that groundwork. It sets the stage for Eps X-XII to be Ben Solo redeeming his path, and working to save/kill Rey, who's fallen completely to the Dark Side in a way "Kylo" never really did. It's telling, for instance, that Ben felt a need to name the character he was trying to be; it isn't who Ben Solo really is.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-08-26 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite comment on newest trailer is "Aren't those the lightsaber chopsticks they were selling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This is kind of a silly comment, since Lucas has been aggressively merchandising Star Wars from the very beginning. Most designs were developed specifically for making them into toys, even for the original trilogy; this is nothing new for Star Wars.

The first episode of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix goes through all this. Everything in Star Wars was designed with merchandising in mind. It's why Spaceballs mocked it. It's why Mel Brooks had to agree to a no-merchandising clause to be allowed to make Spaceballs. Why did we have Ewoks on Endor instead of Wookies on Kashykk? Teddy-bear type cute toys for kids.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-08-26 at 05:52 PM.

I've said since the weeks following TLJ - Rey going Dark Side is the only way this trilogy can go to pay off the themes of the first two movies.