Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    The combination of the design of the robes, the lighting, and the color palette really makes it look like a cheap fan costume rather than a "filmic" look. Then again, that's just be nitpicking one shot. The Sequel Trilogy has looked all around pretty good aside from the CGI.

To be honest, those leaks seem far to detailed to be a hoax. I bet they are accurate, in which case I will be sorely disappointed. I was never on the hate wagon of the previous movie like most, and most of these spoilers seemed fine, but if they just kill certain people off like that...

Wow, just saw a trailer and the most interesting thing was the Frozen Throne on Frozen Island. With a massive battleship raising from the Frozen Glacier.

I feel that this is a rip-off, but can't quite tell from what other franchise exactly ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Also why does Kylo still fight Rey the mary sue? he got his ass kicked two times before and in this movie he will lose again.
    Well, Kylo even struggled in a 1v1 lightsaber duel versus Finn instead of instantly cutting him in half, I'm not even sure this guy has any chance to win anything

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, Kylo even struggled in a 1v1 lightsaber duel versus Finn instead of instantly cutting him in half, I'm not even sure this guy has any chance to win anything
    Kylo toys with finn before he gets in one lucky hit when after Kylo one shots him. There was no struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Kylo only lost to rey once while heavily injured, they didn’t fight in TLJ and there little force pulling spat showed them evenly matched.
    I can't believe Kylo completely missed the memo that no matter how strong he tries to become, Rey will automatically become equally strong (if not stronger). Snoke expressly stated that fact, so in the latest trailer it was really weird to see Kylo still fighting Rey.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I can't believe Kylo completely missed the memo that no matter how strong he tries to become, Rey will automatically become equally strong (if not stronger). Snoke expressly stated that fact, so in the latest trailer it was really weird to see Kylo still fighting Rey.
    I mean if there sequel strength the one who's more skilled should win which in theory should be kylo. in TFA he defiantly would have won if not for every thing else that went on before the fight and baring him getting cocky and screwing up he should win a rematch.

Disney upset and copyright strikes youtuber who posted the leaked photos. https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...ywalker-leaks/

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Huh, I might actually watch it on Christmas.

How a company that spent billions on acquiring the rights to the films went into a trilogy with no set plan, with multiple directors, only to go one complete nonsense direction halfway through and decide to correct course in the third installment is beyond me. How am I supposed to care about any of these characters?

The part with 3PO in the trailer is by far the worst. He spent the best part of 3/5ths of fuck all time with Po and the rest of those nobody's and for some reason refers to them as friends and has this big emotional moment. He's character has never expressed himself in that way.

The rest of the trailer is just "oh look at how big this spaceship is when viewed from the ground"

And bringing Palpatine back from the dead takes a dump on Anakin's arc in the original trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just hoping for a final send off of the Skywalkers, from Anakin to Kylo. Won't say Sith/Jedi dynamic because theres still tons of pre-prequel stories to tell surrounding them. Final send off of the Lucas era, not as bad thing either. The universe he created is much bigger than the Sidious/Skywalker story and its time to open it up. The EU tried but it was too disjointed.

The mission of the Skywalkers done. Sidious kicked out of existence, taking the Sith and Empire with him (say I saw even though the Sith and Empire are my favorite parts of SW). A new era for the Force. Little kid me who fell for the franchise when my mom said, 'those movies are too old, you wouldn't like them' after I found her SW tapes wouldn't be happier.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Im just hoping for a final send off of the Skywalkers, from Anakin to Kylo. Won't say Sith/Jedi dynamic because theres still tons of pre-prequel stories to tell surrounding them. Final send off of the Lucas era, not as bad thing either. The universe he created is much bigger than the Sidious/Skywalker story and its time to open it up. The EU tried but it was too disjointed.

The mission of the Skywalkers done. Sidious kicked out of existence, taking the Sith and Empire with him (say I saw even though the Sith and Empire are my favorite parts of SW). A new era for the Force. Little kid me who fell for the franchise when my mom said, 'those movies are too old, you wouldn't like them' after I found her SW tapes wouldn't be happier.
    Nah that happened in RoTJ easier to just ignore that the disney fork of star wars ever existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    And bringing Palpatine back from the dead takes a dump on Anakin's arc in the original trilogy.
    Ya'll know the EU did almost everything we see in the trailers right? Palps back. Ships rising from being buried on planets.

Straight from the existing EU material.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Ya'll know the EU did almost everything we see in the trailers right? Palps back. Ships rising from being buried on planets.

Kind of funny that Disney started their Star Wars run by making everything in the EU non-cannon, then a few movies later are just about to wholesale rip off Dark Empire.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Kind of funny that Disney started their Star Wars run by making everything in the EU non-cannon, then a few movies later are just about to wholesale rip off Dark Empire.
    Just be happy they at least decided to rip off the EU (in which the lore is universally better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi) to at least salvage the last movie from being another J.J Abbrams' nostalgia trip or Rian Johnson's "how to emulate M. Knight Shyamalan story-telling twists guidebook 101 with zero in-universe story-telling cohesiveness or payoff."

If they're ripping off the EU then they should have stuck with most of the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If they're ripping off the EU then they should have stuck with most of the writing.
    I still think they should have ripped off the best asset to the EU.

And yes, the Yuzhan Vong are even better than Lucas' Whills.

for about 90% of star wars fans out there, the EU is non-existent. Anything outside the movies is largely irrelevant for the plot

You forgot the part where the EU carefully setup and justified why there were still remnant Imperial Forces that the New Republic hadn't just already mopped up.

Meanwhile, in the Sequel Trilogy, RotJ mind as well not have happened. The New Republic does absolutely nothing at all regarding the First Order. Apparently blowing up the Hobus system just destroys the New Republic, just like that. Huh uh. You'd think that the moment the Resistance found out about a third Death Star, they'd broadcast that info across the galaxy and you'd have millions of volunteers flying in to shut it down ASAP. You'd think that after Hobus was blown up, every planet in the galaxy would be sending their forces to destroy Star Killer base ASAP. Why is the Resistance inexplicably small and unsupported? Basic fundamentals of storytelling aren't even addressed here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I still think they should have ripped off the best asset to the EU.

And yes, the Yuzhan Vong are even better than Lucas' Whills.
    As much as I dislike how grimdark the EU got towards the end, I would have still thoroughly enjoyed a series of film adaptations of it over what we ended up getting.

To be fair, the vast majority of the EU is megatrash anyhow. Thrawn books were great, and it went straight downhill from there with maybe a half dozen exceptions over decades.