Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent seen the movie but people posting spoilers, I wont be seeing it until Thursday, so I'm staying clear of this thread until then.

Rey = Certified Fresh
    Kylo Ren = Fresh
    Rose Tico = Rotten

I had to change the OP about five times.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get why Palpz doesnt ever stop using his lightning attack.

Its literally fucked him 3 times. . . . . Like. . . . stop using it when it bounces back in your face. . . .

Ep6,
    Ep3,
    Ep9.

3 times wrecked by his own ability. How the hell did he become sith lord supreme with one ability he cant even fkn control. . .
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-12-18 at 02:22 PM.

Even if you dislike this movie doesn't mean you can freely post spoilers. HIDE THEM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, u rite`.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    No, I meant what I said. TFA set up the sequel trilogy as a failure as it was basically a remake of Episode 4 that didn't really move the story ahead one bit. Sure, TLJ was dogshit and tried to rewrite the sequel story by doing a complete 180° turn (which was such a fucking insanely horrible decision that I still can't wrap my head around the fact they'd let Rian Johnson do that) but that doesn't change the fact that the foundation was deeply fucked with Episode 7 already. If your premise is basically a remake of the original trilogy, where can you go from there?
    The problem is while TFA retold the story of E4 over again it at least left things open enough that things could have gone in an interesting new direction. E8 could have gone with anything. A 3 way war between the Republic, the Resistance and the First Order. The good guys being blamed for the destruction (kinda like they created a false flag attack) and being hunted down by the Republic while they try and prove they were not responsible or some other unknown faction invades causing a temporary truce between the good guys and the bad guys. Those are just some ideas on where RJ could have taken the story with his complete creative freedom. Instead he decided to do a slow speed chase and reset the galaxy it pre E4 status. The only thing JJ can be blamed for is leaving things to open at the end of his movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Why? It's a helpful reminder of how to do it.
    Because your response still has the thing I should have spoiler tagged not being spoiler tagged which completely defeats the point of reminding me to put the spoiler tag on in the first place. Also wasn't trying to be an ass about that was joking around. :-P

Ah, so the ending is real.

See kids, this is what happens when you don't brainstorm a beginning, middle, and ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Its literally fucked him 3 times. . . . . Like. . . . stop using it when it bounces back in your face. . . .

Ep6,
    Ep3,
    Ep9.

3 times wrecked by his own ability. How the hell did he become sith lord supreme with one ability he cant even fkn control. . .
    It's like poetry... it rhymes...

The leaks are 100% accurate? Goood.

I was excited to witness this trainwreck in action if it was only a quarter real. Thursday after midnight is going to be great.

And will the racist/sexist/toxic fanbase/critics argument be walked out again now that some people who liked TLJ have now turned on this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So did Twilight, Warcraft, and God's Not Dead. Doesn't make it a good movie just because die hard fans will accept whatever tripe is thrown at them.
    And yet critics aren't everything either. Warcraft for example did pretty good in Europe and Asia and only did poorly in the US because apparently people in the US listen to critics and go with it instead of having an opinion of their own. Add to that critics can be paid / bribed you get some nasty shit that isn't a truly fair observation. Good movies can be destroyed while poor movies can be praised.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    And yet critics aren't everything either. Warcraft for example did pretty good in Europe and Asia and only did poorly in the US because apparently people in the US listen to critics and go with it instead of having an opinion of their own. Add to that critics can be paid / bribed you get some nasty shit that isn't a truly fair observation. Good movies can be destroyed while poor movies can be praised.
    Are you honestly trying to tell us that Warcraft was a good movie and people disliked it because they got manipulated by critics?

Holy shit.

Poll is up. You will rate it with stars or no stars, the ol'classic way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Are you honestly trying to tell us that Warcraft was a good movie and people disliked it because they got manipulated by critics?

Holy shit.
    American's, influenced by paid-off critics, just can't understand the literary genius behind "boom stick."

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The same rumors of that cut also introducing a random new secret skywalker just make me doubt that it was all that good.
    True, that part was a bit suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    I agree that people went into Warcraft because they wanted to check it out for themselves. I disagree that a movie doing good in the box office makes it a good movie.
    Many people can watch a movie and dislike it. That is why Rise of Skywalker will still make a billion dollar despite most of the internet hating it ever since the first spoilers were out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we still pretending this movie isn't going to make a gorillion dollars and won't be anywhere near a "failure" other than by hardcore fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The problem is while TFA retold the story of E4 over again it at least left things open enough that things could have gone in an interesting new direction. E8 could have gone with anything. A 3 way war between the Republic, the Resistance and the First Order. The good guys being blamed for the destruction (kinda like they created a false flag attack) and being hunted down by the Republic while they try and prove they were not responsible or some other unknown faction invades causing a temporary truce between the good guys and the bad guys. Those are just some ideas on where RJ could have taken the story with his complete creative freedom. Instead he decided to do a slow speed chase and reset the galaxy it pre E4 status. The only thing JJ can be blamed for is leaving things to open at the end of his movie.
    Well, TFA not only copied the plot (with almost all of the elements from Episode 4) but also left us with the same outcome. Superweapon destroyed, mentor dead, Vader figure, Emperor figure, republic planets destroyed, rebellion weakened... (you get the gist of it). Where can you really go from there? The Republic was basically destroyed at the end of TFA so we ended up with the same rebellion-empire dichotomy. Rian Johnson had such a clear cut way in front of him that he only basically had two choices. Either change into reverse gear and make something completely different while basically ignoring TFA or follow through with it and copy episode 5. He ended up trying to do both things at the same time and it was shit. Can't fully blame him for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Are we still pretending this movie isn't going to make a gorillion dollars and won't be anywhere near a "failure" other than by hardcore fans?
    It also seems to be a failure according to critics. Not that it has any bearing on whether or not it's a good movie. Sure, it might be financially successful but does that mean it's good and serves to grow the SW franchise in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    American's, influenced by paid-off critics, just can't understand the literary genius behind "boom stick."
    I kek'd.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-12-18 at 03:08 PM.

1. Great visuals (Which earns it a star or two). But the writing...

Oh my god...

- - - Updated - - -

This is Phantom Menace level of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I almost always go by the opposite as what critics think. Especially in games and movies. Seems to work good so far.

Remember, there's no right or wrong when it comes to movies, games, music etc. What you think is good I might think is bad, and vice versa.
    Find a reviewer that lines up with how you feel about movies and you'll almost never be steered wrong by them.

I like Clint Stuckmann.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    And we have our first "Michael Bay Transformer's movies are quality movies because they made lots of money" of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Ep6,
    Ep3,
    Ep9.

My favourite is in 6, when Vader tosses him down the shaft, and it's just lightning lightning lightning the whole time. The way he uses that ability reminds me if a pissed off 8 year old throwing a tantrum.
    Dooku had way more self control.