Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I mean, what does "I am all the sith" even mean... its such an empty phrase.
    The point of the rule of two was to get rid of the back fighting and infighting of the sith and to pass on what they knew and compile it into a singular sith who would then kill his master and continue doing the same.

“I am all sith” while not being literal is the whole point of the rule of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I mean, him being force sensitive is just like being born tall, or fast or coordinated. Sure those attributes contributed to that person's success but it still takes time and effort to "make it". Having a gift doesnt make a character a mary sue, that comes purely down to writing.
    Having a "gift" is purely lazy and boring writing. It just isn't good in any medium ever.

To present a character with an unexplained gift that they were just born with is just a cop out so you don't gotta write anything detailed or believable.

What you're saying is like being able to topple the empire because you're tall. Born attributes make up the functionality, looks, and small details of a character. Not what they're destined to do.

7+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Having a "gift" is purely lazy and boring writing. It just isn't good in any medium ever.

To present a character with an unexplained gift that they were just born with is just a cop out so you don't gotta write anything detailed or believable.

What you're saying is like being able to topple the empire because you're tall. Born attributes make up the functionality, looks, and small details of a character. Not what they're destined to do.
    Um You are aware that makes all of Starwars lazy and boring writing then right? The whole series is based off people being born gifted and that deciding there destiny.

It’s done better in some places then others but that’s the core of Starwars.

Mary Sue Rey without any training win Kylo Ren who has trained all his life first on force power duel and then actual duel with lightsabers

Still think TFA and (especially) TLJ are amazing, but The Rise of Skywalker may unfortunately be the worst Star Wars movie. Total mess, and it doesn't satisfy all the clever thematic things TLJ had going on in any remotely satisfying way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Oh look that old weak argument, that has been explained a 100 times... LOL
    Sure it was just like how people explain how earth is flat too

People rating it zero stars before even seeing it. Gee I wonder if they have a biased problem.

Seems pretty damn sad and pathetic.
    Saw it this evening. It's not 0 stars, realistically no movie is 0 stars.
    But 1-2 stars is right about what I watched, for the technical/art part of the movie. Rest is just desperation.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-12-18 at 08:30 PM.

So every review I've seen of RoS so far has been abysmal, with the reviewer being absolutely angry with the final product. Is it really that bad? Are we looking at a total dumpster fire?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So every review I've seen of RoS so far has been abysmal, with the reviewer being absolutely angry with the final product. Is it really that bad? Are we looking at a total dumpster fire?
    It's bad for a final installment but IMO, doesn't seem as bad as TLJ which was a slap in the face of the franchise.

The main issues I'm seeing is the movie goes at a neck break pace because there is just way too much going on. It sounds like J.J Abbrams tried to do two films in one. The ending also seems pretty shitty and uninspiring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look that old weak argument, that has been explained a 100 times... LOL
    still is a right argumment tough

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Joker, Godzilla 2, Venom and Rambo 5 also got mediocre reviews by critics, but got good scores by the fans.
    tbf, godzilla and venon are not that good, just ok, its more a fun movie you can watch at home, at least in my view

rambo 5 got fucked by SJW shit, at least in my country a lot of critics talk shit about that, and its just a rambo movie, not much special

Joke as far i remember got good scores no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's bad for a final installment but IMO, doesn't seem as bad as TLJ which was a slap in the face of the franchise.

The main issues I'm seeing is the movie goes at a neck break pace because there is just way too much going on. It sounds like J.J Abbrams tried to do two films in one. The ending also seems pretty shitty and uninspiring.
    Man, if TLJ is a "slap in the face of the franchise" for some, they deserve The Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Um You are aware that makes all of Starwars lazy and boring writing then right? The whole series is based off people being born gifted and that deciding there destiny.

It’s done better in some places then others but that’s the core of Starwars.
    No, the core of Starwars is the duality between the light and dark. The balance of all things. Rising up to set things right from wrong.

Of course, the whole chosen one and chasing your destiny shit is terrible lazy writing. But there's much much more to Starwars that gives it a unique charm. There's more and better stories to appreciate in the OT and prequels.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the core of Starwars is the duality between the light and dark. The balance of all things. Rising up to set things right from wrong.
    but if both sides are magic gifted then everything is lazy and boring no?

And TLJ had the most interesting points about those themes out of them all, but YMMW.

7+ Year Old Account

Of course, the whole chosen one and chasing your destiny shit is terrible lazy writing. But there's much much more to Starwars that gives it a unique charm. There's more and better stories to appreciate in the OT and prequels.
    Said duality only exist because there are two religions based on being born with magic powers fighting over destiny. Starwars isn’t some deep ying yang show case it’s a bunch of wizards arguing over who has the better magic and Trying to kill each other.

Starwars for the most part has just used duality as a backdrop with little actual thought put into it.

While it is impossible to convince people who think they are cool when they say they "don't listen to critics" that they actually sound silly, I will say I find it distasteful that people still talk about "the critics" like they are not a fairly diverse group of people, but instead some sort of peculiar hivemind.

5+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the shill reviewers didn't get their monies so were free to be critical, normally they'd trip over themselves with praise like with TLJ..
    I wonder what the audience score will be.

I suspect monies will go into Disney+ for years n movies have been put on hold indefinitely. No point defending a dead horse.

No... just no... that is complete bullshit. The two are completely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I suspect the shill reviewers didn't get their monies so were free to be critical, normally they'd trip over themselves with praise like with TLJ..
    I wonder what the audience score will be.

I suspect monies will go into Disney+ for years n movies have been put on hold indefinitely. No point defending a dead horse.
    Do people actually believe critics in any large way are paid or not paid to be critical? Because that seems more loony than believing the Earth is flat to me.