Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by amkedeb View Post
    Box office =/= quality of movie. I don't remember anyone but you coming in to talk about how it will make GORILLIANS (lol).
    Gorillians... you say?

And yeah, no kidding. How could anyone think that? If that were the case, Transformers and Fast & Furious movies would be considered great films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Dooku had way more self control.
    LoL o god, I forgot about that.

The apprentice knew how to use it better than the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Rebel's verse Empire isn't even in the issue, it's how you tell the story. Instead of what we got they should have gone the EU route and had the Empire not roll over and die after their defeat at Endor.
    If they wanted to do that, they wouldn't have skipped 30 years to try to retell the original trilogy again. All the stories in that time period, going to waste. Thank fuck the mandalorian capitalized on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Sounds like he's found some cult or something like that.
    More like a fat neckbeard with a fedora who thinks he understands how the world and society works and he thinks he’s cool and edgy.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I literally spelled out 3 ways the story could have gone. Nothing about TFA showed that the entire republic was destroyed, just their capital. Are you saying if the US drops a nuke on Beijing tomorrow that the entire country is defeated instantly? To say he only had two choices on what to do with the story when he had complete creative freedom is the single most disingenuous argument. Don't get me wrong, I really wish JJ hadn't remade ANH but that doesn't mean RJ isn't to blame 100% for the train wreck he created.
    I didn't feel like going into your proposals because they sounded like shit and rely on stupid plot twists and I didn't want to be rude. My only point was (and still is) that his creative freedom was severely limited because Jar Jar shoe-horned him into remaking a movie that resembles Episode 5 in one way or the other.

I don't see how the republic can do anything since the ENTIRE REPUBLIC FLEET was wiped out by starkiller base.

7+ Year Old Account
    They didn't learn anything from Solo. And haven't merchandise sales been steadily going down because they decided the people who buy fan shit are all horrible russian bots?
    They did, seeing how they've put future spin-offs on hold.

Not sure how Disney could turn Marvel frenchise into this amazing cinematic world everybody tries to copy, and SW into this shit show.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-12-18 at 03:44 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They did, seeing how they've put future spin-offs on hold.

Not sure how Disney could turn Marvel frenchise into this amazing cinematic world everybody tries to copy, and SW into this shit show.
    Hot take.

Kevin Feige is better at picking winners than "Producer on The Last Airbender" Kathleen Kennedy.

If they wanted to do that, they wouldn't have skipped 30 years to try to retell the original trilogy again. All the stories in that time period, going to waste. Thank fuck the mandalorian capitalized on that.
    The EU still had remnants of the old Empire fighting the new republic and controlling significant chunks of the galaxy. 30 years later doesn't mean they couldn't have the war going on still. Hell the US is currently closing in on 20 years straight of war in Iraq/Afghanistan. It would have been more logical then the Empire being defeated bu the FO somehow being even stronger and coming out of nowhere even though it was formed by a small chunk of the Empires forces in the unknown regions of the galaxy.

7+ Year Old Account

Atleast the memes will be glorious and almost neverending.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    "Star Wars was modelled on John Ford’s The Searchers and Akira Kurosawa’s Hidden Fortress. The current “content” has more in common with the last update of your PC’s operating system. Have fun watching the grey bar complete itself."

Oof as expected, this did become a shitshow
    It was modeled on Flash Gordon. In fact, Lucas wanted to make a Flash Gordon film with a huge budget but the people who owned the Flash Gordon property wouldn't let him. So he made up Star Wars.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It was modeled on Flash Gordon. In fact, Lucas wanted to make a Flash Gordon film with a huge budget but the people who owned the Flash Gordon property wouldn't let him. So he made up Star Wars.
    Didn't we get Willow because Lucas wanted to do LOTR and he was told no?

It's like poetry.

To sum up:

The sequel trilogy is too obsessed with either giving fan service or subverting expectations and not focused on creating interesting characters and just telling a good story.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Aww...italian dubbed star wars, horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    To sum up:

The sequel trilogy is too obsessed with either giving fan service or subverting expectations and not focused on creating interesting characters and just telling a good story.
    Pretty much. Though I would say the "subverting expectations" experiment is over with Rian Johnson on the outs, and Kevin Feige in to develop future films. J.J Abbrams just pisses off less people because let's the honest, a vast majority of the Star Wars audience, IE: general audience, are satisfied with nostalgia trips and fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I didn't feel like going into your proposals because they sounded like shit and rely on stupid plot twists and I didn't want to be rude. My only point was (and still is) that his creative freedom was severely limited because Jar Jar shoe-horned him into remaking a movie that resembles Episode 5 in one way or the other.
    The 3rd faction forcing them to join forces I can see the argument for. But the others I don't see needng a huge plot twist or reeeeally being that much of a stretch.

You keep making this bolded claim without backing it up in any way. How was RJ he show horned into a movie that resembles Episode 5 when the ending of TFA was ridiculously wide open. Its funny you talk about how my 3 ideas (which obviously would need to be refined and finessed a bit again they were just basic ideas of where the story could have gone) are bad because they depend on stupid plot twists but RJs entire movie depended on the First Order having such an insurmountably big military force squirreled away that they were able to take over the galaxy by force in a matter of days. Talk about shitty plot twists.

Jj LeFt RiAn WiTh No OtHeR OpTiOn. This is the same horrible argument people make regarding Luke where they try to pin the blame on JJ for Luke being a bitter old man. It doesn't hold up because there are ALWAYS other options, especially when you have complete creative control like Rian did. He CHOSE to remake ESB because he wanted to "deconstruct" the familiar tropes used by Star Wars to "challenge" the viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that TFA was nothing but a cheap knock off of ANH. You just can't blame RJs failings on JJ.

Oh lord, based on comments in this thread and the reviews thus far... I'm going to be disappointed again, maybe even WORSE than TLJ?

Great. Fantastic.

Maybe time to retire my Rebel Legion membership and jedi costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Thank you, that video saved me a ticket. If it's true that's the dumbest movie plot i have ever heard. Kylo the ultimate cuck