Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Heh, okay. I thought you wanted to discuss actual canon.
    I don't really care what Disney now claims is canon. We are talking about the morality of the empire which is informed by more than just disney wars and plenty can be talked about in the original series even without the EU or the joke of a new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Should be any moment this month that we get a title announcement
    Return of the gray jedi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Heh, okay. I thought you wanted to discuss actual canon.
    I don't think anyone cares what Disney wants to call canon

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Return of the gray jedi!
    Star Wars: The Last Hope
    Star Wars: Son of Darkness
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Nothing they do will ever surpass Revenge of the Sith so for me it's pointless. I will go and see it though, if only to see how Abrams will undo what Johnson did with 8
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NickiValentinaRose View Post
    Nothing they do will ever surpass Revenge of the Sith so for me it's pointless. I will go and see it though, if only to see how Abrams will undo what Johnson did with 8
    Wat.

/10chars
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Wat.

/10chars
    A padded CGI-fiesta duel that we know the ending of is obviously the pinacle of cinematography.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    A padded CGI-fiesta duel that we know the ending of is obviously the pinacle of cinematography.
    I said for me. People are allowed to have opinions right ?
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by NickiValentinaRose View Post
    I said for me. People are allowed to have opinions right ?
    They sure are. Someone needs to explain that to this guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I don't think anyone cares what Disney wants to call canon

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The Empire had a literal slave trade and would quite happily kill anyone who defied them. TIE pilots are a great example of their supposed morality. TIEs had zero shielding and no hyperdrives. They would basically throw pilots out there to die. Most TIE pilots weren't better than Rebel pilots because they never got the battle experience to become better because they didn't live long enough.

Also they blew up Alderaan in which likely 95% or more of people were not connected to the rebellion.
    The republic had slaves. Hell even in 2018 in real life there are slaves in 3rd world countries.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

TLJ was the best star wars film to date, so i cant wait to see what JJ does with IX

Odd we haven't gotten a title announcement yet.

Kathleen Kennedy is still in shock that she still has a job...
    Give it a few more months.

The Empire was an authoritarian regime that favored the powerful and rich, they weren't without morals. They knew you couldn't just kill your populous left and right.
    Hmm there's no evidence they couldn't kill off their populace.

The social contract is that the general population need smart and strong elites to lead them. Likewise, smart and strong elites need the general populace as protection from threats and as workers. Once you create droids that can fight and do general labor tasks, the social contract is broken and the elites are free to kill off the general population. The system may work LESS well when its just a small group of elites and a droid army to serve them, but it also might work. The Star Wars universe features very advanced droids so its a place where you might see that arise.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode VIII's title was announced January 23, 2017. They are not that late.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Star wars IX : Sibling rivalry

rey vs Kylo

I'd say it's not going to have a title to subvert our expectations, but I figured that joke's getting a little old. Just making an educated guess, but the earliest I think we'd find out is the Super Bowl? Movie companies like throwing in trailers into those Super Bowl commercial breaks. If that doesn't occur, maybe May 4th? At this point, Disney probably needs to build up a lot of hype and anticipation after the audience reception of the last film... and I don't doubt they're going to be super careful with how they release the trailer.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't expect much (except maybe s Super Bowl tease) until near or after Avengers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Whelp all the Disney trailers have came out except this one. Could be anytime now...

Whelp all the Disney trailers have came out except this one. Could be anytime now...
    Maybe they are waiting to see what the reaction to their other trailers is like first.

I mean, the reaction to Aladdin has not been great...