Balance for dummies?

So I REALLY enjoy boomkin in PvP but it seems when I do PvE I'm absolute garbage. My gear also is a mix between Resto/Guardian because I only just now decided to try boomy. Do they have a balance guide for dummies haha or is it mainly because my gear is literally nothing for boomy. No Leggies and healing trinks on..

You're going to need entirely new gear soon enough anyway. But yes, missing legendaries and trinkets will seriously crimp your performance.

Do you struggle doing your rotation correct? There is a easy mode guide on Icy-Veins

Read also "common mistakes"

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Do you struggle doing your rotation correct? There is a easy mode guide on Icy-Veins

Read also "common mistakes"

I based it off the icyveins rotation and it just seems idk off.

Always be doing something, don't cap on astral power and don't cap on empowered buffs. That's it really. You can't really fuck it up unless you are wasting resources or spending GCDs doing literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Always be doing something, don't cap on astral power and don't cap on empowered buffs. That's it really. You can't really fuck it up unless you are wasting resources or spending GCDs doing literally nothing.
    Easiest way to avoid wasting empowerment charges in the learning phase is just to always alternate casting Solar Wrath and Lunar, think there's even an Azerite trait that rewards you with extra damage for doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Easiest way to avoid wasting empowerment charges in the learning phase is just to always alternate casting Solar Wrath and Lunar, think there's even an Azerite trait that rewards you with extra damage for doing this.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville