Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump blasts media, calls journalists 'very unpatriotic' for reporting on government

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-on-government
    President Trump on Sunday unleashed a tirade against the media in which he called reporters "unpatriotic" for reporting on the inner workings of the government.

In a series of tweets, the president singled out The New York Times and The Washington Post for writing "bad stories" about his administration, which he amounted to "[selling] out" the country.

"90% of media coverage of my Administration is negative, despite the tremendously positive results we are achieving, it’s no surprise that confidence in the media is at an all time low!" Trump tweeted.

"I will not allow our great country to be sold out by anti-Trump haters in the dying newspaper industry," he added. "No matter how much they try to distract and cover it up, our country is making great progress under my leadership and I will never stop fighting for the American people!"

Trump, who has had a testy relationship with the media since declaring his candidacy, often seeks to discredit coverage he dislikes as "fake news."

He has at times suggested pulling credentials from reporters, encouraged rally crowds to jeer media and escalated his attacks by labeling journalists the "enemy of the people."

The White House last week banned CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins from covering an event open to the press after she repeatedly asked questions about Trump's relationship with his former attorney, Michael Cohen, during a meeting with the leader of the European Commission. Media organizations widely condemned the move.

Despite all that, the White House has on multiple occasions asserted it is committed to a "free press."

The president's latest Twitter attacks on the media come hours after he revealed he met with A.G. Sulzberger, the publisher of The New York Times. Trump claimed the two discussed Trump's belief that the media has become the "enemy of the people."

The meeting took place on July 20 and had been off the record, The New York Times said in a statement. However, once Trump acknowledged the meeting took place, Sulzberger issued a statement saying he had warned Trump about the danger of his rhetoric toward reporters.

"I warned that this inflammatory language is contributing to a rise in threats against journalists and will lead to violence," Sulzberger said.

"I warned that it was putting lives at risk, that it was undermining the democratic ideals of our nation, and that it was eroding one of our country’s greatest exports: a commitment to free speech and a free press," he added.

Can Trump borrow from the fascist playbook a little less? It's getting concerning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a meltdown. A good, honest to god, can't mistake it, meltdown from this turd that won't flush. I want him to start smearing shit on the outer wall of the White House while screaming "LOCK HER UP!!!"

Why do I want this? BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY REASON THIS KIND OF CRAP SHOULD EVER COME FROM THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! SOMEONE WHO'S SO FUCKED IN THE HEAD THAT HE SHOULD BE COMMITTED TO AN ASYLUM!!

Is anyone scheduled to be arrested Monday by Mueller? I've been off the site for a few days because of me moving and Trump tends to go nuts when more incriminating evidence has been brought to him by Nunes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Is anyone scheduled to be arrested Monday by Mueller? I've been off the site for a few days because of me moving and Trump tends to go nuts when more incriminating evidence has been brought to him by Nunes.
    You want government related news? How very unpatriotic!
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    He has had minor meltdowns and we're due for another. Something tells me that the upcoming week will be eventful.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What a snowflake

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP in 2014: "People need to pay attention to what's happening in government"

GOP in 2018: "HOLY SHIT not that much!"
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Just call them "lugenpresse", Trump. Use the actual word. You've done everything but.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Only the radical left could construe calling out the media for their bullshit as "an attack on free journalism !"

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I want a meltdown.
    There is one already. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

"How dare the media factually report how incredibly negative every aspect of my presidency is!? They should be forced to only tell people how great I am! Kim's people love him, we should be more like the great people of North Korea!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Only the radical left could construe calling out the media for their bullshit as "an attack on free journalism !"
    Factual reporting is not bull shit. Don't want negative reporting stop doing negative shit.

That is an example of bull shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just call them "lugenpresse", Trump. Use the actual word. You've done everything but.
    Not another reason for Merkel to question this worlds sanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    GOP in 2014: "People need to pay attention to what's happening in government"

GOP in 2018: "HOLY SHIT not that much!"
    +1 internets for you!
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Doesn't help when the one saying this has Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Factual reporting is not bull shit. Don't want negative reporting stop doing negative shit.
    Factual reporting like this?

Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2018-07-30 at 02:26 AM.

Whatever image you're trying to link from /The_Donald, it's not actually working?

Your image contains errors. Just like your support of that fascist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Your image contains errors. Just like your support of that fascist.
    Indeed, it's full of msm errors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Whatever image you're trying to link from /The_Donald, it's not actually working?
    Reddit seems to have blocked image relinking lately. Thank you for your concern but I got it sorted out fast, obviously. Try to be more patient next time.

Working now! Let's check them out, shall we? (yay for the archive links actually being valid to boot!)

LAT: Talking about 3/3.5%+ annual growth. That wasn't achieved in 2017, and there remains doubts that it will be achievable in 2018 despite the strong last quarter (and 2% the previous quarter).

Alternet: Talking about Trumps predictions of 3-4% annual GDP growth. Again, very much remains accurate.

Vox: Again, annual growth. Hasn't happened. Economists remains skeptical that it will happen despite last quarter.

WashPo: Still talking annual 3-4% annual growth here.

Jesus, a bunch of these articles are op-ed pieces (which by definition isn't news, but an opinion), and even outside of that looking at a few more literally none of them are remotely incorrect. Also, analysis pieces (which these all are) also aren't proper news, but even if we humor this farce and treat them as such literally not a one is incorrect still.

Y'all really suck at "owning libs" on the internet.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-07-30 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not one headline you listed was factually incorrect.

At best, you're confusing accurate reporting of economists' opinions as if those opinions were themselves just fact-based reporting. Which is blatantly incorrect.
    At worst, you're ignoring that those economists were talking about yearly growth, not quarterly. One quarter of higher-than-expected growth does not a resurgence make.

Really, what you're demonstrating is that you don't grasp the difference between fact and opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump, the real world embodiment of an "internet troll".