Deleted

Spriest and War Mode - anyone scared?

As someone who mained spriest throughout every expansion, through good and bad, I know how it feels to play a spriest in most situations. At times we felt like absolute gods, at other times, we felt like underperforming casuals who can barely do any damage. In Legion, in my humble opinion, we performed well. I was not satisfied with spriests survivability, especially when faced with melees, but overall I liked shadow specialization.

While spriest damage output is fairly decent, especially now with a Voidform on demand talent which allows us more controlled burst that we lacked in Legion, I am still scared of going into BFA and leveling in War Mode. Our survivability feels even weaker than in Legion. Dispersion does not regenerate hp back, making it just a 'delay death for a few seconds' spell. I either have to use it right away on enemy's burst or just instantly die if I use it on low hp. Vampiric Embrace is on gcd making it even less useful in BFA than in Legion.

Being a huge fan of pvp, I've been playing a lot of random bgs now after prepatch. And while spriest's damage feels awesome, lack of any decent defensive ability is pushing me more and more to not level in War Mode. Every time I'm attacked by a melee it's a complete shitshow. It just feels underwhelming to face any melee at the moment. Casters are doable to deal with, but even they do not shy away from killing spriests fairly easily.

So, what is you opinion of spriests and War Mode? Are you gonna level in War Mode or go full pve mode - saving yourself from many rage sessions?

now this is some sort of weird QQ thread that doesn't get to the right points.
    -we get our good stun back.
    -melee is nerfed af.

I really haven't had a single issue on 1v1 situations against melee, no exceptions. you have fear and a stun to follow up, there is really nothing better than that, and vampiric embrace is OP as fuck with the sanalyn talent, you sometimes go from 5% to 100% in seconds.
    I, however, am really tempted to simply remove dispersion from my bars really. a "defensive cooldown" that only silences me and does nothing in return (the dmg reduction is laughable) is very shitty, but with VE I really couldn't care less

Deleted
    Never give up, never surrender! (unless surrendering to madness)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    now this is some sort of weird QQ thread that doesn't get to the right points.
    -we get our good stun back.
    -melee is nerfed af.

I really haven't had a single issue on 1v1 situations against melee, no exceptions. you have fear and a stun to follow up, there is really nothing better than that, and vampiric embrace is OP as fuck with the sanalyn talent, you sometimes go from 5% to 100% in seconds.
    I, however, am really tempted to simply remove dispersion from my bars really. a "defensive cooldown" that only silences me and does nothing in return (the dmg reduction is laughable) is very shitty, but with VE I really couldn't care less
    Are you talking about prepatch or beta?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone really gonna be leveling as shadow? I feel Disc with the PvP talents is just far superior on every fronts when it comes to leveling.

I sure as hell am going to be leveling as disc with Warmode on. You're literally unkillable while doing crazy dmg and healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Is anyone really gonna be leveling as shadow? I feel Disc with the PvP talents is just far superior on every fronts when it comes to leveling.

I sure as hell am going to be leveling as disc with Warmode on. You're literally unkillable while doing crazy dmg and healing.
    ^This.
    Disc is completely superior compared to shadow. It's absolute ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    You almost never get attacked by single players, but from larger groups of the opposing faction in your questing area. Does not matter what class you play you will just die....

Since I will be maining Shadow and since I am never going to touch the healer specs, I will be leveling as Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    You almost never get attacked by single players, but from larger groups of the opposing faction in your questing area. Does not matter what class you play you will just die....

This is very accurate.

Group with friends.

The biggest problem for SP is the set up, Survive through that and boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post

I haven't had too many issues with disc priests on my arcane mage, but I mostly fought them above 116, don't know if there are specific legs that slant the fight in favor of disc more prior to that.

But to echo the above, disc should provide a far superior leveling experience (not to mention queue timers, if you choose to level via dungeons).

Actually, I probably wont be leveling in Warmode.

I was thinking of maining something other than Spriest simply due to the fact that they suck at WPvP. So I logged on my BM Hunter and did some world Qs while ganking people, because I know BM hunter is king at WPvP. And it actually got really boring after killing the fifth guy, even though most of them were rogues (and we all know how annoying rogues can be).

Besides honor, I dont think killing people in WPvP gives you anything to make your character progress, so it becomes stale after a while, because all I am doing is using an OP class to stomp others due to imbalance, while not doing anything to make my character prepared for raids/m+. Where the fun is at for me personally is in raids, m+, arena and bgs. And I think Spriests will do okay and even good in all of the 4 mentioned parts of the game.

I will probably still be maining Spriest, because putting WPvP aside, I really enjoy playing Spriest, more than any other class I have tried in prepatch.
    Last edited by Cytraz; 2018-07-31 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytraz View Post
    Actually, I probably wont be leveling in Warmode.

I was thinking of maining something other than Spriest simply due to the fact that they suck at WPvP. So I logged on my BM Hunter and did some world Qs while ganking people, because I know BM hunter is king at WPvP. And it actually got really boring after killing the fifth guy, even though most of them were rogues (and we all know how annoying rogues can be).

Besides honor, I dont think killing people in WPvP gives you anything to make your character progress, so it becomes stale after a while, because all I am doing is using an OP class to stomp others due to imbalance, while not doing anything to make my character prepared for raids/m+. Where the fun is at for me personally is in raids, m+, arena and bgs. And I think Spriests will do okay and even good in all of the 4 mentioned parts of the game.

I will probably still be maining Spriest, because putting WPvP aside, I really enjoy playing Spriest, more than any other class I have tried in prepatch.
    If you are going to level immediately after launch, wmode makes a lot of sense simply because you won't encounter anyone from the opposite faction until 120, so you'll just enjoy the 10% exp boost.

If you are going to start late (like 24 hrs late), then wmode will potentially be a detriment cuz you might already have alliance gankers in horde lands (and vice versa if you're playing alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    If you are going to level immediately after launch, wmode makes a lot of sense simply because you won't encounter anyone from the opposite faction until 120, so you'll just enjoy the 10% exp boost.

If you are going to start late (like 24 hrs late), then wmode will potentially be a detriment cuz you might already have alliance gankers in horde lands (and vice versa if you're playing alliance).
    Thank you, I did not know that. However, I thought that people would go on the other factions island already at level 113 or so. Is that not the case?

I'm going to have to turn off warmode, since I have very limited amount of time for playing around the launch.... Wasting my precious time getting ganked is not really an option. If I could nolife even for couple days, then warmode on definetely.

Deleted
    If a Rogue sees you, don't bother fighting back.

Thank you, I did not know that. However, I thought that people would go on the other factions island already at level 113 or so. Is that not the case?
    You can, but, at least speaking for the Horde, there aren't a lot of quests in the other factions islands when you go there pre-120, so unless someone is specifically aiming to gank people as soon as they can (instead of leveling), you're not likely to see them there.

I doubt you'll see a lot of dedicated gankers during the first couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    You can, but, at least speaking for the Horde, there aren't a lot of quests in the other factions islands when you go there pre-120, so unless someone is specifically aiming to gank people as soon as they can (instead of leveling), you're not likely to see them there.

I doubt you'll see a lot of dedicated gankers during the first couple of days.
    Okay, so the ideal way to level would be to continue on your own island, since going to the other faction's island is not worth it leveling wise due to the lack of quests, yes?

Okay, so the ideal way to level would be to continue on your own island, since going to the other faction's island is not worth it leveling wise due to the lack of quests, yes?
    Yep, just do the intro quests to each of the other factions zones - takes 10 mins per zone and is available at 112, 114 and 118.