Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Strongest PvP classes in BfA - what will you play?

It's that time again, the mandatory question that is asked prior to every new expansion: what classes will be top dog in pvp!?

What I see so far, is the following:

Melee:
    - Rogue (both Assassi and Sub?)
    - Ret Paladin

Ranged:
    - Affliction Warlock
    - Shadow Priest (if they know how to stay mobile)
    - Boomy (kinda?)

Healer:
    - Disc priest
    - Resto Druid

What are your views on the classes in pvp, in BfA?

Seems like we won’t know until class balance happens near the first raid release. How it usually is anyways.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

15+ Year Old Account
    Boomy is kinda meh tbh, lots of spread damage that does little else, they struggle to score kills.
    Speaking battlegrounds, dunno what you aimed at

Disc with its 2 spell schools is glorious but a well playing restodruid can be elusive like hell.

I will personally try out my main UH DK which kinda sucked dick in battlegrounds in Legion and of cos my beloved Disc and Arms just created for PvP and professions
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

i play warlock since vanilla, atm i play affliction and i enjoy with this in pvp (but vs melee is a pain...)

Rogue are too much insane, same retri. Rogue assa can 100%-0% me (32k health) in TWO seconds. It's normal?

Why a melee can counter a caster every time and a caster can't disarm a melee for few seconds?
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-07-31 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Why a melee can counter a caster every time and a caster can't disarm a melee for few seconds?
    This is my biggest frustration too...

I would love to play casters in pvp, but melee can counter you constantly, especially when you have to hardcast (this is why I gave up on Fire mage and Destro lock, specs I used to love)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    i play warlock since vanilla, atm i play affliction and i enjoy with this in pvp (but vs melee is a pain...)

Rogue are too much insane, same retri. Rogue assa can 100%-0% me (32k health) in TWO seconds. It's normal?

Assasination rogue damage is fucking ridiculous atm. I've played arena since 2009 and this might be the most absurd damage dealing spec I've ever seen. Maybe shadowmourne warrior beats it, but I'm honestly not sure. If you Q for arena atm all you'll see is Ass rogues. It's truly ludicrous.

I always stick with what I know, no matter what the FotM is. For me, that means Mage and DH. I have a feeling those classes will compete nicely.

Melee:
    Rogue - all specs I believe, but assa in particular with a 6 second silence is any casters nightmare, outlaw with plunder armor will turn anything into mince meat, sub is sub.
    Ret Pala - played it on beta, high damage, great utility and healing, bit basic though

Ranged:
    Frost Mage - novas galore, ray of frost, basically still a melees nightmare but with even more kiting potential than previously.

Healers:
    -Disc Priest - Basically taken what was nice from WoD and Legion and merged it. Bubble spam, two spell schools, rapture, etc.
    -Mistweaver - Mana management was its achilles heel, the new PvP talent Surging Mist alleviates that, expect them to be much more competitive in arenas and still a top choice in RBGs. You can also have things that was once mutually exclusive of eachother like RoP and Leg Sweep or AMA and WotC.
    -Resto Shaman - Perma spirit link, grounding totem, tremor totem, etc.

Deleted
    JIf pvp'ing ever since vanilla has tought me anything, you can never go wrong if you pick warrior (arms), warlock, priest or mage. The whole pvp scene is basically designed around warrior vs frost mage encounter. Priest (disc) is THE healer and warlocks (affliction) are mushrooms.

Other classes and specs are just gimmicks.

Has anything really changed in over a decade of WoW PvP? Roll a mage or a rogue and you'd be all right

Kinda over playing Feral/Warlock so I'll probably play whatever is FoTM out of Boomy/Mage and then maybe DH if it's not too bin.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz say they're looking at Balance. What seems to be the problem with them? Imo they are pretty okay.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Blizz say they're looking at Balance. What seems to be the problem with them? Imo they are pretty okay.
    They are a moonfire spam spec, but not OP imo. No idea why either.

What they should look at are Assassi Rogues.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues have just got raped, but let-s see how the missing classes get nerfed as well, then they might still reign supreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about surv hunter, besides so much hate on this spec, if it played good, some classes could be outplayed very well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    how about surv hunter, besides so much hate on this spec, if it played good, some classes could be outplayed very well
    The spec is surprisingly good... in the right hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Also lots of tools to pull off combos or just be a dick to other players, which I intend to do on mine. I'll also be playing my ret pally on alliance. Rogue and warrior on the side for horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    i love it already, but i played it only in wpvp and bgs, i do some arenas at 120, so i dont know how they perform now in arenas.

Deleted
    Wish Warlocks, outside of Affliction, could actually do something to Melee. Demo has too many hardcasts that fuck you over if you get interrupted. Destro is exactly the same. Both are free kills to any melee that is on them and Melee currently know that.

Deleted
    If we speak 1v1 - Retri/rogue - hands down (frost mage is decent vs both of them , but may loose to other classes)

if we speak 3v3 , I can assure you that noone can say at this moment for sure. Disc priest , frost mage, rogue seems overtuned.