Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Wrathgate, Southshore, Gilneas and now... [Spoilers]

Lordaeron.

The plague was used during at least three battles yet the Alliance marches into Undercity - where the plague is made - completely unprepared. Anyone else find this... lazy on Blizzard's part? Makes the Alliance look completely idiotic.

Anduin's a teenager acting out of emotion and flinging himself against a vastly superior tactician. Getting his entire army gassed after nearly getting killed if it weren't for Jaina is par for the course.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

When has Alliance waged war against the Horde in a non-idiotic manner? During the last faction war Varian overextended like mad and it cost the Alliance numerous zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    its because blizzard writers are writers and not combat trained tacticians

as long as it looks cool and the plot goes on.. no one gives anything

the majority of players dont care about details anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Lordaeron.

The plague was used during at least three battles yet the Alliance marches into Undercity - where the plague is made - completely unprepared. Anyone else find this... lazy on Blizzard's part? Makes the Alliance look completely idiotic.
    alliance is full of morons
    Anduin is like 16 and utterly incompetent at his job

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    its because blizzard writers are writers and not combat trained tacticians

as long as it looks cool and the plot goes on.. no one gives anything

the majority of players dont care about details anyway
    Couldn't agree more.

It is pretty funny they just waltzed in there after already witnessing Sylvanas use plague and just assume she won't use it again??

Uh, Anduin didn't get the whole army gassed. Barely any Alliance soldiers were in Undercity at that point. Only those who took the choppers forward were in danger. All the rest of the army had fallen back to the ruins of Brill at that point.

Who was it who ordered them to fall back again? Oh, couldn't have been Anduin right, since you think he's incompetent. Oh wait, this is the dude who has been schooled in how to be a King since he was a small child and it totally was him who protected his troops.

I'd call Sylvanas incompetent. Killed her own troops. Failed to kill pretty much anybody in the last group. Lost Undercity and control of most of the countryside to the Alliance. The Undercity is unusable? Oh boo hoo. Like were were going to use a giant sewer with some ruins on top of it.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2018-08-07 at 07:04 PM.

Also, how selfish of Jaina knowing how to counter the blight and not helping out till now.

Deleted
    This really botheres me lore wise. For yea it makes the alliance look stupid. Most of all because there is an entire RACE on the alliance sides that pretty much spent the last 15 years Specilasing in Anti toxic suites, and mechs + airlocked tanks. The gnomes. They are the perfect counter to this. but ofc, The gnomes are the Horde version of tauren so they dont really exsist in lore.

Its almost like Warcraft has had bad writing for a long ass time.

Star Trek logic demands that the captain and most of his bridge crews personally have to go and check wether that plague city that just used the plague might be a plague trap. Captain Anduin only did what was right!

(I feel like it's okay to have some hight fantasy memes in a game like Warcraft, because it gives you nice cinematics where important people actually get to talk to each other during battles.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Horde is all war genius and it loses due to infighting. Alliance just can't win being good and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    When has Alliance waged war against the Horde in a non-idiotic manner? During the last faction war Varian overextended like mad and it cost the Alliance numerous zones.
    It's actually really funny now that you mention it. Garrosh waged brilliant campaigns, and there were references to his strategies throughout quest text. Theramore is the obvious example. There's some tactical brilliance in "Wolfheart" as well. It didn't matter, the stars aligned, Garrosh got overthrown and we lost.

Sylvanas, thus far, has outplayed the Alliance at every turn. But much like Garrosh couldn't count on Varian being blessed by a God and conveniently being nearby with an army of Worgen, Sylvanas didn't factor in Jaina reaching new heights of human potential. And it's only a matter of time before we lose again.

I'm reminded of Garrosh wanting Gilneas, Tol Barad and the island above Vashj'ir. All of them were to give the Horde a staging point to attack Stormwind. When the Alliance wanted to attack Orgrimmar after Theramore, they simply sailed there. When they wanted to attack Orgrimmar in MoP they sailed there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    alliance is full of morons
    Anduin is like 16 and utterly incompetent at his job
    He's 18. And while he sucks at personal combat (supposedly, him turning a Troll into a pancake kinda goes against that notion), he is apparently not bad at tactics, which surprised Genn in BtS (at least I think it was Genn). Because he spent his youth reading books on warfare (among other things) rather than practicing swordmanship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess they just didn't expect Sylvanas to use the plague in her own city where so many of the Horde is gathered. I mean, even the Horde didn't expect it to be used in such an extreme manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    He's 18. And while he sucks at personal combat (supposedly, him turning a Troll into a pancake kinda goes against that notion), he is apparently not bad at tactics, which surprised Genn in BtS (at least I think it was Genn). Because he spent his youth reading books on warfare (among other things) rather than practicing swordmanship.
    It's actually in Elergy he's surprised.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Until Jaina did that one-time-only-super-cleanup-spell, there was no known way to deal with the Plague fast enough. So... There was no way they could prepare and that’s adding to the fact that they didn’t expect that trap.

Deleted
    I warned you all that Anduin was a stupid High King, a terrible choice to lead the Allied army in time of war, but you did not listen.

High Exarch Turalyon should be made High King. He was the Supreme Commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron, the successor of Sir Anduin Lothar himself. He was the one who rallied the Council of Seven Nations to form the Alliance. He then spent a thousand years leading the Golden Army in its righteous crusade against Sargeras, and was found worthy by the Prime Naaru, ascending to become an eternal protector of creation. The point is that Turalyon is the most qualified member of the Alliance. And it saddens me greatly to see him pushed aside to make room for that foolish boy king and his Uncle Wolf.

Perhaps the greatest humiliation is walking into an obvious trap. Yet again. It was clear that Sylvanas would not go down so easily, and that she had something in store for them, yet they so foolishly walked right into the lair of the witch. For what? To send a message? They only failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Lordaeron.

They were moronic to not have contingency plans for that. They knew she'll use the plague rather than give up the city.
    Really moronic of them.