Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    At least the last season of GoT acknowledged that she's done some pretty crazy things and is only a couple steps away from being as bad as Cersei.

Blizzard seems to be completely oblivious to the way they write Sylvanas.

Worst thing dany has done was execute captives who refused to submit, something any in invading king would have done

If Dany burnsdown kings landing then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Freaky Fetish Waifu Plot Armor 2000 Extreme Edition
    So, you've seen the TV ads.
    Also, it's not only waifus... I mean, freaking Raynor is also unkillable... but who's the WoW equivalent to Raynor? Would that be Nathanos?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    So who is in charge of the writing at Blizzard these days? Is it that Christie Golden woman the one to blame? I don't give a rat's ass about turning Sylvanas into Hitler, I find that "You can't kill hope" "Can't I?" exchange a million times worse. Cringe.
    She said on Twitter that all of the Warbringer shorts were already planned well before she came on board. Doesn't stop the angry Horde crybabies threatening her with death though.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Good luck, Horde. That character now defines your faction. :^)
    I love it! I don't care about Sylvanas and I don't like her as a Warchief. But this action is a big plus for me.

Burning the Alliance is always a big plus to me, now Anduin has something to cry about.

Deleted
    First, whoever writes the storyline for BfA will need to get fired and crippled for the rest of his/her life to not be able to write anything anymore, if they make Sylvanas into Garrosh 2.0. It would be incredibly dumb in terms of story development, just re-using the same trope just the 2nd expansion after MoP. Honestly, who can be this dumb?

Beside that - if they really do it, and decide to write the Horde as the evil faction from now on, then I will be gladly playing the monster. I am so fed up with the self-righteousness of the Alliance. BTW, you know what the term "self-fulfilling prophecy" means? This is also how you get people to become monsters, because you constantly expect them do be this way.

Though, some players here obviously like to play monsters, so more power to them, then. I can play either thing. I just want to know, which direction the story goes.

My last Pathfinder character is an evil witch, worshipping Asmodeus, who loves burning people alive and destoying innocence. I will have fun in the Evil Horde, though I would prefer Thralls Horde to return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    PS: Here's the main issue. YOU as a Horde hero, see this. YOU know what she said and did. So Blizzard is asking you to, having witnessed all of this, fall right in and follow her. Sure, you can be or RP as a psychopath, but then you're still following someone whose goal you know to be the eradication of life. Again... this is not all that bright.
    If being undead is the only way to be immune against the influence of the Old Gods, then bring it on!

Amen brother.
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    Guess Jainia was right at the end of MoP, should have wiped out the horde then.
    The horde definitely needs changes. I don't think they should be wiped out (for obvious gameplay reasons), but the warchief system just isn't working out. They need a ruler, not a war general. Times change. The horde's purpose isn't supposed to be kill/conquer everyone else. The horde has peaceful races in it and the Orcs are not being controlled by the legion anymore. It's an alliance of cooperation. They want a space in the world of Azeroth and they have acquired that already. At this point they aren't fighting for survival, they are fighting for conquest. Often with very nefarious objectives.
    It needs to stop, we got bigger fish to fry and the faction war is getting dull.

Also, my 2 horde characters scoff at having to follow Sylvanas around while she does this crap. It is honestly tempting to just not continue the quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    *look at other side*
    crying boy king

yeah...
    You mean... crying boy-king with massive OP holy spell. I don't have issue with that. At least he is humane, yeah? Not neutered or twisted/corrupted by the in-game world. Given the things that happen in it, it is a miracle in itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The horde definitely needs changes. I don't think they should be wiped out (for obvious gameplay reasons), but the warchief system just isn't working out.
    it snot working because the leader is bad, the system work pretty fine if blizzard don't fuck up and put the horde as villains

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm just trying to make the Horde look as pathetic as possible here as they brush up their "poor, downtrodden victim" act, as they always do after trying to genocide the Alliance and facing retaliation.
    Lol this is so true.
    With Garrosh as warchief: "Death to the alliance! Destroy everything!"
    After Garrosh is defeated: "It was a prank bros lol chill"
    I bet the same will happen again for Sylvanas. Now the horde is all like "death to the enemy! Graaaarrr! For honor!", then when she's gone they will again be like " Lol alliance u can't take a joke, relax, we got dis"
    And in the downtime between a loss and the other, the forum is full of people praising "horde pride". As if there was any left...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard just decided to copy Martins burning down of kings landing which will come in 8th season and made it into burning of teldrassil :P:P:P

- - - Updated - - -

who the fuck cares

in blizzcon they will reveal 2nd raid tier as being old gods invasion and we all will be buddies again to defend azeroth for milionth time

nobody will care for some burning bush
    not unless the burning bush will be incorporated as one of the battleground of future raid and zone similar how EN simultaneously incorporated different zones as raid boss encounter.

I've been a main Horde player pretty much always in WoW, though I do have alliance toons as well. In WoD I played a bit more Alliance already because I really liked the aesthetics of the Lunarfall garrison and absolutely hated the Frostwall ones. But now, after first just saving Malfurion in Val'sharah and then 2 days later having Sylvanas the B*tch Queen plot to murder him and conquer Teldrassil I just can't stomach the lore on Horde side anymore. I don't care how they redeem the "Spirit of the Horde" or whatever, this is total BS and I'm fed up with the Horde always being evil. I really used to like Sylvanas as a character years ago, my first main was a Forsaken priest but Blizz' stupid character assassination and stupid plot has just turned me off the Horde entirely. I hate the War of Thorns plot and at this point the Horde can just join the Legion or the Void or whatever for all I care. I'll keep playing at least one character (at least as long as any friends play Horde), but lorewise I'm done with them.

I know it's just a game, but as with fantasy novels, I invest in the plot and world emotionally at least on some level, and this Sylvanas is really making me sick to my stomach and I hate that as a player I have to do these quests (as I still want to see the plot in its entirety from both sides) and take part in a genocidal murder campaign against one of the biggest heroes of the world.

I need no moral reason to kill alliance scum anyway. Is there any morality in war anyway ? A good gnome is a dead gnome
    I'm fed up with malfurion and his "love" too. They all should die in flames ! (former Night elf but rerace in WOD)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-08-01 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What would be the most amazing thing is if at Blizzcon when they try to do their faction pride call like they always do, they get booed.
    People who go at blizzcon are fans, not forums professional complainers...

What would be the most amazing thing is if at Blizzcon when they try to do their faction pride call like they always do, they get booed.
    Meh, there are enough of those chest-thumping "Only good elf is a dead elf, for the Horde! hurr durr"-types around to keep that shit going, just look at the threads here.

That's the issue that undermines the whole "Faction war"-concept for me, the Horde has enough *cough*misplaced*cough* faction pride, but what is known of BfA so far won't help the Alliance's already faded faction pride at all...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Meh, there are enough of those chest-thumping "Only good elf is a dead elf, for the Horde! hurr durr"-types around to keep that shit going, just look at the threads here.

That's the issue that undermines the whole "Faction war"-concept for me, the Horde has enough *cough*misplaced*cough* faction pride, but what is known of BfA so far won't help the Alliance's already faded faction pride at all...
    What's your problem with horde or alliance fanatics ? they exist in the lore... why adventurers can't be like that ? Because you prefer a plot where everyone is doing the "good" things ? Play Allliance !

Forsaken, Blood elves, Orcs and trolls are "savage beasts" or "will do anything for more power".... So why should we care about some burning alliance tree ?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    What's your problem with horde or alliance fanatics ? they exist in the lore... why adventurers can't be like that ? Because you prefer a plot where everyone is doing the "good" things ? Play Allliance !

Forsaken, Blood elves, Orcs and trolls are "savage beasts" or "will do anything for more power".... So why should we care about some burning alliance tree ?
    It’s because you can’t discuss anything with them, they just chuck up their catchphrases and that’s it, we’re not on Azeroth here, we’re all nerdy keyboard-warriors playing a game (Or talking about the game), keep the silly slogans and “Drama class” RP in game, it doesn’t add anything to forum discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    there is will be no lich queen there will be a lich king. queens cannot be leaders in wow
    Bolvar is the new lich king m8, he will return soon™

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Yeah, Sylvanas has Sarah Kerrigan Plot Armor. She ain't going nowhere.
    No, Anduin has plot armor. Sylvanas has only leather and mail. For me it look as if she will have Kael story arc. Of course, I will skip her raid and wait for Jaina.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Kael's story arc still makes no sense. Sylvanas' story may be regretable but it is not really unexpected, many people just did not want to believe they'd actually go ahead and do this.
    It makes no sense. They made Sylvanas insane for no reason. Kael at least was addict.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Nothing wrong if the Horde was an openly evil faction of savages who thirst for blood and power. I can respect that.
    The thing is, this is not how the Horde is described when you pick up the faction, not how the devs describe the events, not how this was described to the new allies of the Horde. I am perfectly OK with playing the evil faction, I have evil playthroughs in many RPGs that allow them and I enjoy them a ton. But this is not being evil, this is being hypocrits. Nothing fun about that. Many of the people who play Horde since vanilla did NOT sign up for this, they signed up for Thrall's Horde and have invested literally years of their lives and thousands of dollars in those characters.
    Support. Blizz should write in options for us to play the characters we created according to the established lore of that time (i.e., give us options for playing with honor), or offer free faction changes to reflect the game being re-written.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"