Page 1 of 3
LastLast

spamming dungeons more efficient for leveling?

It looks like they give consistently 100k exp, I wonder is better to spam them than doing quests?

You need to do the quests for many reasons such as pathfinder, achievement (if thats your thing) and most importantly, to unlock world quests.

So no

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    You need to do the quests for many reasons such as pathfinder, achievement (if thats your thing) and most importantly, to unlock world quests.

So no
    I guess I should ignore non-main story quests then?

100k is what...6 quests? I could finish 6 quests faster than I could pug a dungeon.

When has this ever been the case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I guess I should ignore non-main story quests then?
    Unless you want to aim at being server first or something its not really worth thinking about it that much since its rather fast anyway.

What you want to do is the quests. They have multiple different positives to them like lore, gold, exp, and rep. They also often further important quests you need to do end game stuff.

The dungeons are there the entire expansion and with m+ we are gonna grind them to infinity anyway. No reason to get a headstart on that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    100k is what...6 quests? I could finish 6 quests faster than I could pug a dungeon.
    more like 5 and if you are playing tank or healer then the queue is instant.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Since the LFG tool has existed and you queued as a tank or healer.

Oh god, can you also do quests on the opposing fanction area? it looks like there are tons of options, I wonder which one is best.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Oh god, can you also do quests on the opposing fanction area? it looks like there are tons of options, I wonder which one is best.
    Only at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Only at max level.
    I quest on voldun at lvl 111 so I don't think that's the case.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I quest on voldun at lvl 111 so I don't think that's the case.
    Really? Interesting. How'd you get there?

A full dungeon clear on Horde side takes 12-14 minutes in a competent group, and nets about 150k experience.

A typical quest gives 19k experience with WM on. Do your own math depending on how quickly you can move through quests and/or queue.

At various points during leveling you get sent to the other continent to build strongholds. I believe it is part of the War Campaign.

When I activated the mission table, it gave me the option to quest on one of three areas in zandalar. I now finished the quests on voldun, It was a small quest chain with a nice reward, It is a one time thing only, I'm not able to quest anymore there or in any other areas there maybe on a higher level again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    On previous expansions, the exp gain was much smaller, you only did the dungeons once for the quests or for the daily exp reward but now it's different, they give the same exp everytime and it is A LOT of exp compared to quests.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Since the LFG tool has existed and you queued as a tank or healer.
    Even as tank or healer, they didn't worth it before this expansion imo unless you had a nice premade group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    A full dungeon clear on Horde side takes 12-14 minutes in a competent group, and nets about 150k experience.

A typical quest gives 19k experience with WM on. Do your own math depending on how quickly you can move through quests and/or queue.
    If that's true then dungeons are better, the question is what you are losing for the end game, if there is nothing important to lose then I can spam them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like they give consistently 100k exp, I wonder is better to spam them than doing quests?
    You need Friendly rep to unlock WQs IIRC.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I imagine it would come down to player skill... I could see a full 5 man raid team rocking consumables and mass pulling leveling faster through dungeons. I don't think pugs would move fast enough in randoms to make it more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You need Friendly rep to unlock WQs IIRC.
    I never liked those tbh, I hardly did any on Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked those tbh, I hardly did any on Legion.
    Problem is some dungeons are rep gated, like how CoS/Arcway was in Suramar. So you gonna have to suck it up and do them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If that's true then dungeons are better, the question is what you are losing for the end game, if there is nothing important to lose then I can spam them.
    Keep in mind this is horde specific (horde dungeons are a LOT more streamlined and easy than Alliance dungeons). That said, you'd be missing out on the world quests unlock first and foremost. You want to have all 3 of your primary factions at friendly by the time you hit 120.

My recommendation would be to quest 110-115 (to get friendly), and chain dungeons from 115 to 120 (because quests get harder at that point without legendaries, and if you queue for dungeons without a full group, you are likely going to get some low level DPS that will carry you through the dungeon by the power of scaling)

I guess if you have a full group it might be easier to chain dungeons 110-115 (you can clear them as 5 dps without a tank or a healer actually, its THAT easy with scaling + legendaries), and quest 115-120 for reputation.