Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Support. Blizz should write in options for us to play the characters we created according to the established lore of that time (i.e., give us options for playing with honor), or offer free faction changes to reflect the game being re-written.
    Or make betrayal option to become Horde dwarf.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I dunno, Dany gets a lot of flak from GOT fans for being an unhinged psychopath with no real character depth.
    not true, the flak is based on the tv portrayal and not the book version.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I get that this is an MMORPG and we cannot have nearly the amount of agency that is expected of different forms of modern RPGs (or the complete freedom of Pen N Paper), though ESO makes a lot of effort to give players some agency. Essentially the only agency you DO get is character creation. And they fucked it up.
    They wouldn't have to give us completely different quest lines. They could manage some nuance without over complicating, if they tried.

What if they gave players a transmog option to wear a secret symbol or some such?
    Some slightly different dialog options we could choose from a drop down menu?
    They are doing something like that in the Battle of Lordaeron, right?
    Where we can blight each other or try to save the blighted?
    Give us more of that, and some assurances we will have those options.
    So we can make informed decisions.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Well, there is huge difference in writing between show and books. In books Jon is pragmatic. In show he is a naive boy riding hero horse.
    Completely agree - I really dislike show Jon so much that I almost started to hating him. In books Jon is much better.

You know who should kill Sylvanas for good? Ressurected Arthas. Now that would be fun. I can see despair in her eyes.
    The circle will be complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    PS: Here's the main issue. YOU as a Horde hero, see this. YOU know what she said and did. So Blizzard is asking you to, having witnessed all of this, fall right in and follow her. Sure, you can be or RP as a psychopath, but then you're still following someone whose goal you know to be the eradication of life. Again... this is not all that bright.
    No, the player sees it, not the character. It's like having read the chronicles and then playing through the game. Your character only knew the Titans were already killed by Sargeras when you got told by Xe'ra, even though you the player knew that way before, for example.

But yea, on the whole I agree that it's going to be really hard to justify some of the actions from the Horde (other than Sylvanas) unless you are wanting to play a psycho. Which I also have no problem with, but not on all of my characters. I personally usually play games from more than one perspective and if I'm able to choose the 'evil' side, I usually do so for a few characters. The real problem for me arises when I'm trying to play a Horde druid or shaman and it gets to obvious ingame (not from my player's perspective, but from a character's perspective) that I am doing things that go against what the character should be.

I'm wondering if they will implement more kinds of 'choices' for the characters, like the one you will make at Lordaeron. That would be a nice compromise until the time we get to remove Sylvanas as Warchief.
    Plus I'm still thinking they may be setting this all up to change the factions into a 'Life' and a 'Death' faction, so maybe we'll get even more choice in the future. If not, then.. well. I don't know, we'll just have to grit our teeth again and play whatever they put in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Why? I liked Voljin in MoP but he did nothing as Warchief.
    Right, that's because Blizzard didn't write it in. Which they easily could have.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard just decided to copy Martins burning down of kings landing which will come in 8th season and made it into burning of teldrassil :P:P:P

- - - Updated - - -

who the fuck cares

in blizzcon they will reveal 2nd raid tier as being old gods invasion and we all will be buddies again to defend azeroth for milionth time

nobody will care for some burning bush
    i care for that burning bush :'( nostalgia reasons. good thing there's the bronze dragon chick to turn back time and vanilla servers coming up

i also love to hate sylvanas. she is so unhinged at times and on a rare occasion you can see a glimmer of humanity in her. can't wait to see where her story leads to

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No, Anduin has plot armor. Sylvanas has only leather and mail. For me it look as if she will have Kael story arc. Of course, I will skip her raid and wait for Jaina.
    Don't be so sure about that, maybe they took notes on GoT and will kill the one you think has the biggest plot armor just to fuck with your head.
    Maybe we will cleanse Sylvanas, making her lead the story for the dark ranger class, and she feel loyal to both factions

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Don't be so sure about that, maybe they took notes on GoT and will kill the one you think has the biggest plot armor just to fuck with your head.
    Maybe we will cleanse Sylvanas, making her lead the story for the dark ranger class, and she feel loyal to both factions
    Anduin is confirmed to command in the final battle. Look at "Son of the Wolf" comic.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Anduin is confirmed to command in the final battle. Look at "Son of the Wolf" comic.
    Yeah it's not like the have changed the whole fatalism of "chosen ones" recently or anything.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Or make betrayal option to become Horde dwarf.
    Horde Void Elf o.O !!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take the comics as of now non-canon and off-shoot not until it is implemented in-game or WoW really focus on it entirely.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-02 at 01:56 PM.

I started this game when it first came out and I took hours looking at the factions and decided on Horde and always knew we were the ‘bad guys’ but then as expansions went on they turned them softer and brought them in line with the alliance, never really like that and im happy its taken this step be interesting to see where they take this now

Horde vs alliance that’s what the game sold when it first came out let’s enjoy the ride FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I'll rake the comics as of now as non-canon and off-shoot not until it is implemented in-game or WoW really focus on it entirely.
    So why would they make them? They are made to increase character depth and are obviously canon until retconned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So why would they make them? They are made to increase character depth and are obviously canon until retconned.
    First and foremost for consumer consumption. We know comics as a medium is one of the top grossing reading material which a lot of fanbase patronize. I belive more so than novels since it is graphical. You can consider something canon if it is in-game that for sure is a 100% guarantee. It' is video game by default so it should be above everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ZweiHandler View Post
    Please do some research, she came in so late, its not even her baby. You children screaming at her for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, someone who did some research. She is getting so much hate for no reason.
    Do you not see quotation marks

What did Tolkien do to deserve being dragged into this? Come on, that's just unfair. And how many people above the age of 12 were able to watch those cutscenes without cringing, I wonder? Lords above and below, that was a painful watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that was the case, are you ready for motherfucking humorcnei shamageadin Med'an?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Glad to have that settled.

One Queen to rule them all
    One Queen to bind them
    One Queen to bring them all
    And in the darkness bind them
    lol and i thought supreme bitch whore of the horde was a nice one ( star trek axanar )

but for real...is not 1 of arthas qoute's they will all serve me in death....did sillyvanas say the same thing about her sisters?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocksy View Post
    I started this game when it first came out and I took hours looking at the factions and decided on Horde and always knew we were the ‘bad guys’ but then as expansions went on they turned them softer and brought them in line with the alliance, never really like that and im happy its taken this step be interesting to see where they take this now
    Really? You people exist? You who took Horde because they looked like baddies? …

I donno, to me that seems really immature. Most people who took Horde took it because they're the underdog, not because they're the fucking baddies.