15+ Year Old Account
    Name some names people, I'm just interested who in the current squad would be a suitable replacement. I totally agree he's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I pointed out earlier in the thread how Bobby C didn't like Young, and frankly I can see why. Who would you replace him with?
    main problem i have with young is his wasteful crosses. Hes woeful on attack and has been for a long time. Only need to look to his consistent 0/6 crosses stats.

I'd buy wan bissaka and use dalot in a back 3 so he can go further forward when you want long crosses onto Lukaku's big head.

defenders are going to get crazy money this summer

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    main problem i have with young is his wasteful crosses. Hes woeful on attack and has been for a long time. Only need to look to his consistent 0/6 crosses stats.
    That was the biggest problem all night, any joy down the right wing was effectively nullified by young's distribution, basically halving our chance creation (which was low anyway).

Plus sides was McTominay looking so composed, Fred actually having a decent game.

4 defeats in 5 for Ole boy.

Safe to say the honeymoon period is well and truly over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    4 defeats in 5 for Ole boy.

Safe to say the honeymoon period is well and truly over.
    Yet it's still miles better than having moaning Mourinho as manager.

I mean the squad is still in desperate need of work. We got some parts that are working well but then we also got players that clearly shouldn't be starting. I'm still happy despite the drop in form the last few games because Mourinho was such a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solskjaer won't be good enough in the long run. You'll see more of this next season. Was a mistake keeping him as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Solskjaer won't be good enough in the long run. You'll see more of this next season. Was a mistake keeping him as manager.
    Maybe, but who would be good enough? The competition is tougher than it's ever been and the available options are fewer than ever. It's definitely an improvement with Ole over the 2 ½ years with Mourinho, but the question is indeed if it will be good enough. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Agreed.

We made the same mistake with Di Matteo.
    He was a fantastic caretaker manager and gave us the best night in our history, but he was a squad pleaser, not a squad builder.

New stadium is working well for us. Also nice to see that with some rotation we're not losing a game after a midweek champions league game. Need Llorente to get my FF some big points now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    De Gea showing shades of his Spain form at that goal.

Man Utd look pants but are winning...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    De Gea showing shades of his Spain form at that goal.
    I'll keep my opinions about De Gea to myself lest being lynched here

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post

I'll keep my opinions about De Gea to myself lest being lynched here
    I dont think anyone is really unaware of how De Gea hasnt performed at national level like he has for club.

So what you guys are saying is that Jones > Pique? ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember saying they should have waited until May to make the decision on who to make permanent manager at United, and I stick by that. However I'm not "against" Ole getting the job permanently, and as Zantera said, who else was really available.

It's now up to them to make some decent signings this summer, and stop fucking around with contract talks with the players United needs to keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I remember saying they should have waited until May to make the decision on who to make permanent manager at United, and I stick by that. However I'm not "against" Ole getting the job permanently, and as Zantera said, who else was really available.

It's now up to them to make some decent signings this summer, and stop fucking around with contract talks with the players United needs to keep.
    I think they had to sign him permanently because the contract talks with players were getting screwed up. It's a lot easier to make the negotiations with players when they know the score when it comes to their management.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think they had to sign him permanently because the contract talks with players were getting screwed up. It's a lot easier to make the negotiations with players when they know the score when it comes to their management.
    That's true, making Ole permanent manager should have a positive effect on the contract talks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Chelsea never looked like they wanted to win except after the 2-0 when they decided to finally come out and play, only to go back in their little comfort zone after Liverpool shut down the pace of the game. Chelsea didn't want to control the game and it cost them.

Salahs goal was an absolute cracker too. Gonna be a very interesting run in over the next few weeks