Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a close call between Cata and WoD for me.

Cata is brought down by two underwhelming raidtiers and WoD by the longest content drought in WoW history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    This poll is massively swayed by mindless sheep.

WOD introduced the first iteration of M+ but it was called challenge mode no?
    It also introduced the first iteration of WQ's but they were called bonus objectives no?
    Was it also WOD that introduced cut-scene questing story telling no?

Maybe im completely wrong ... wont be the 1st time or the last (yes i know dear) ... but the first half maybe even 3/4 of WOD was decent wasn't it?

P.S. Cata was great until that stupid Deathwing raid at the end that seemed to last for ever.
    CM started in MoP.
    Yeah, first to do Objectives, which were pretty cool for leveling alts.
    Not entirely sure, first time leveling in WoD was really cool though.

What let WoD down was the patches after launch, they were shit, apart from the raids. WoD at launch (minus all the technical issues) was really good.

Was the same with Cata, it was great at launch, but the patches let it down, though this time, the raids were shit (I didn't like Firelands either).

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Why the hate for Legion, if I may ask?
    If you cared about raiding and had shit Legendaries it was miserable. You could only get 4 Legendaries at the start so if u didnt have good ones GG, also Blizzard didn't tell people about the cap so everyone was farming for nothing.

This is the only expansion that has required me to do the same daily quests for two years straight.

Playing the game when I did not want to because I had to stay on top of my Artifact Power to stay relevant for raids. Some bosses were impossible without the whole raid having x amount of traits.

Titanforging..so many problems with titanforging. First tier of the xpac every raid trinket was dog shit so you just had to spam mythic plus all day and hope you got a good TF trinket from a dungeon or a Shock batton from a quest that popped once a month.

This was without a doubt the most cancer xpac I have ever suffered through.

Vanilla.

Too much problems.

100+ login queues on medium pop servers.
    Faction Reps grind for months some with very few ways of getting it.
    Less high end game (no Normal+heroic+myth) only Normal, some can say "Less but harder", no it wasn't harder we had less info about the fights, no 100+ Twitch channels and no 100+ youtube movies with strats, we add thottbot and a little more.

Story wise wasnt so engaging as the expansions.

The ONLY thing that i really miss from Vanilla is some of my guild mates.

Cata was my personal worse. Then again I quit during that time, and it was the only time in the history of the game i took a break longer than a month, so maybe it's biased. Also It did bring forward the horrid LFR system.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

7+ Year Old Account
    Cata it was not a good expansion but it was also the beginning in the shift of how the game is designed.
    When things really started to change for the worse.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Overall, Cata was by far the worst. Cata had a list of problems, one of which was the stupid and lazy raid design decision, which was to try to suppose that 10 man raiding = 25 man raiding, when it obviously was different. Cata had a monopoly on poorly designed and executed raid instances, eg Firelands and Dragonsoul (that said, BWD and BOT were decent).
    WoD takes second place in the worst stakes (garrisons, enough said). But WoD had some very good raid bosses.
    Last edited by Altariaz; 2018-08-10 at 09:29 AM.

WoD and nothing is even close.
    Cata and Legion suck too.

WoD was the absolute worst. Horrible "Raid or die" mentality, with only the questing being somewhat decent.

At least Cataclysm brought in new dungeons and the overall expansion and difficulty was great. The major flaw was that DS lasted too long.

Deleted
    I don't want to say WoD.... but i'll say WoD...

Deleted
    The time during Dragon Soul was the worst..
    But as a whole, I have to say WoD.

Deleted
    BfA cause it's just boring. I mean the new zones are fun to explore (especially Drustvar), but the story is bland and predictable, I've got no reason to actually care about these characters, the class design is the most boring it ever was.....so yeah. BfA is just boring. It's not good, it's not bad. It's not infuriating. It doesn't piss me off. It doesn't make me feel any emotions at all.

Deleted
    Cataclysm because it wiped out my friend list from vanilla and up. Everyone stopped playing and almost none ever returned.

WoD is a VERY close second, because it actually managed to bring some people back to WoW and then took a giant shit on them so they left WoW forever.

Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    The first month of Warlords made it feel like the best expansion ever.

After that month... it just became hot garbage and the worst expansion to date.
    Agree. Leveling was good and the raids that they did make were great. But as a whole WOD was an unfinished product that Blizzard should be ashamed taking money for. They cut out so much content that in the end the Lore was all over the the place. The raid that should have shown how Yrel went from scrub to hero was removed from the game. Embarrassing.

I don’t why so many say Warlords of Draenor. Okay, I admit WoD had a bad start with servers and garrison issues and even suffered from no new content for months (but every expansion has that issue to be honest). Story-wise it was still okay, the timeline thing wasn’t a bad thing and made sense cause of Bronze Dragon involvement. I enjoyed it very much, especially during Hellfire Citadel. Challenge modes were also a blast to do.

I chose Cata but I don’t hate any expansion in particular though. Every one of them had good and bad content.
    Last edited by Alphablitz; 2018-08-10 at 10:42 AM.

WoD. Broken features from start to finish, horrendous pvp design throughout and they doubled down on the Garrisons with the Shipyard, knowing full well that it had already fucked the economy up.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD, utter horrendous expansion which honestly didn't even feel like an expansion but rather an drawn out miserable content drought patch. There's no expansion that's been perfect in my eyes, can anything truly ever be? But WoD in particular stands out, with miles. So far I'm getting WoD vibes from BfA, but, I hope those are wrong. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphablitz View Post
    I don’t why so many say Warlords of Draenor. Okay, I admit WoD had a bad start with servers and garrison issues and even suffered from no new content for months (but every expansion has that issue to be honest). Story-wise it was still okay, the timeline thing wasn’t a bad thing and made sense cause of Bronze Dragon involvement. I enjoyed it very much, especially during Hellfire Citadel. Challenge modes were also a blast to do.
    It is literally because of the lack of content. The raids were great, no one is disputing that, but there were not enough of them, and the other content in the game was really bad and mostly irrelevant. There have been a lot of moments in WoW's history that haven't been great, but people don't mind, in the long run, the missteps that were fixed. WoD never got any better, on the contrary, it felt like the expansion was just abandoned. We only got Tanaan Jungle as patch content, and that was supposed to be in at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    WoD, utter horrendous expansion which honestly didn't even feel like an expansion but rather an drawn out miserable content drought patch. There's no expansion that's been perfect in my eyes, can anything truly ever be? But WoD in particular stands out, with miles. So far I'm getting WoD vibes from BfA, but, I hope those are wrong. I really do.
    What are the WoD vibes coming from? There's a lot that I'm not overly excited about when it comes to BfA, but WoD's major problem was lack of lasting, engaging content, and that problem was made much worse by the lackluster patch-support the expansion received. In BfA we have all the systems we had in Legion, but they are being applied to new content. And that new content is actually kinda great, the dungeons especially are markedly better than in legion. There is going to be stuff to do, at least.
    Last edited by Marc7; 2018-08-10 at 10:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    What are the WoD vibes coming from? There's a lot that I'm not overly excited about when it comes to BfA, but WoD's major problem was lack of lasting, engaging content, and that problem was made much worse by the lackluster patch-support the expansion received. In BfA we have all the systems we had in Legion, but they are being applied to new content. And that new content is actually kinda great, the dungeons especially are markedly better than in legion. There is going to be stuff to do, at least.
    It's a bit of a complex subject to discuss, because we can feel differently towards it, I personally am of the opinion that with the loss of our artifact weapons and many of the traits/abilities which came with it the gameplay overall is going to feel lackluster for many. And the Azerite armor doesn't, in my opinion, make up for the loss of that system by far. Then we got the loss of our legendaries effect at lvl 116, we don't really got anything which replaces that system either in BfA.
    The increased layers of RNG, removal of players own choice, and a worrying trend of stretching out content behind time-gating (this war of thorns pre-patch for example, I mean, I'm surprised at how hollow AND time gated it is) is what is worrying to me, but, purely content wise? Yeah, you are right about that, we will have more content in BfA than we did in WoD, I'm confident in saying we will have a lot more, but the vibe itself isn't purely tied to 'content or no content'. It is the systems and design philosophy surrounding the content itself which is worrying me at the moment.

The increase in RNG / Grind / Endless progression is what's putting a damper in my hype at the moment for BFA (since I stopped playing Legion because of it) but eh, I'll give it a chance.