Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Imagine even thinking or considering BfA that has just started whew. Also with 8.1 news just coming out. Whewwww. Ask in another 1.5 years when BFA is winding down.
    it's not that hard.. if your favorite class/spec plays like shit and there's no end in sight then no amount of other fluff will make the expansion look good.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it's not that hard.. if your favorite class/spec plays like shit and there's no end in sight then no amount of other fluff will make the expansion look good.
    No end in sight? You mean 8.1 for Shamans? TBD on priests or whatever else you're referring to?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I think BFA would've gotten a lot more votes if this poll was to be remade. Its far from finished but its launch is already seen as the weakest yet, which doesn't give a lot of confidence that future patches will be major improvements.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    BfA, because I don't like most of the game systems or classes. The content is OK but I wanted out after about a week, which is by far a new record.

Cata as runner up because it felt so disjointed and I disliked every Cataclysm raid.

Imagine even thinking or considering BfA that has just started whew
    90% of BfA is locked until the next expansion. Nothing will see dramatic shake ups until the next expansion and I'm not changing my opinion because "hyuck, hyuck, hyuck NEW RAID!" like it even fucking matters. Get the core content right then I'll worry about new instanced hallways.

But hey, if they patch out Azerite or overhaul class design in 8.1, let me know.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-09-19 at 09:28 PM.

Got to go with WoD here. The only thing keeping its score above a mediocre 1 are the character models. The story and questing was bad, characters were largely forgettable, the ring legendary was a nightmare of grinding the same content over and over. The first class pruning happened, that sucked. No new race/class, no new battlegrounds or arenas, Ashran wasn't terrible but wasn't enough to last an entire expansion. Tanaan was a shittier version of Timeless Isle, Shattrath raid never happened, Farahlon never happened. The entirety of the expansion just blew. I spent a lot of time in WoD doing old raids and collecting during prime time of WoD's patch cycles because I really, really just didn't want to be on Draenor at all.

That's all ignoring the major letdown Garrisons turned out to be.

No end in sight? You mean 8.1 for Shamans? TBD on priests or whatever else you're referring to?
    plenty of specs are barely functional.. and number tweaks aren't going to fix that. if the main thing(combat) ain't fun then everything else will suck.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Deleted
    People always praise MoP, but honestly, it was the expansion I had the least fun playing. The whole expansion, from a quest design/writing, lore and zone design was abysmal. Most people will talk trash, because it had Panderan, but for me, that was not the problem. The problem was having an expansion built on something that felt like a final fantasy setting, with goodie two-shoes mobs and quests, that were dull and does nothing for the warcraft universe. Raids were mostly a bore, I will give ToT credit, for having some fun fights and SoO for the creativity. Dungeons were downright terrible. Other than that, MoP had very little that was interesting, a shitton of daily quests and rep gated stuff and even though we got Timeless Isle it became stall and uninteresting after a little while.

The best things I got from MoP was the 5.1 questline, which included the purge of Dalaran quest, which was the single most redeeming thing about MoP...and warlocks were pretty hillarious to play as well, even if we were OP as fuck.

I know many will disagree and so be it, but for me, WoD was a great upgrade, and that's sadly saying a lot.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Got to go with WoD here. The only thing keeping its score above a mediocre 1 are the character models. The story and questing was bad, characters were largely forgettable, the ring legendary was a nightmare of grinding the same content over and over. The first class pruning happened, that sucked. No new race/class, no new battlegrounds or arenas, Ashran wasn't terrible but wasn't enough to last an entire expansion. Tanaan was a shittier version of Timeless Isle, Shattrath raid never happened, Farahlon never happened. The entirety of the expansion just blew. I spent a lot of time in WoD doing old raids and collecting during prime time of WoD's patch cycles because I really, really just didn't want to be on Draenor at all.

That's all ignoring the major letdown Garrisons turned out to be.
    Garrisons were fucking BAFFLING. People asked for a decade straight for housing and their solution was a solo facebook game with no customization. Like what the fuck were the designers thinking?

Sometimes I feel like the modern WoW dev team doesn't actually have anyone on staff that plays video games, or at least ones outside of mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    plenty of specs are barely functional.. and number tweaks aren't going to fix that. if the main thing(combat) ain't fun then everything else will suck.
    What specs are those excluding shamans? I only have 5 120s and play 5 DPS specs. SV, BM, Arms, Outlaw, Havoc. So my knowledge of how other specs "play" is limited. Just going by numbers and amount of people playing them I'd also just ASSUME: WW Monk, Aff lock, Frost mages, Arcane mage are also popular due to their playstyle not being terrible or nonfunctional.

Only glaring spec I'm aware of atm is feral mostly due to abysmal numbers. If a 3 dps spec class has 1-2 bad specs but 1/3 is top 5 overall I think that's a win for the class.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Why the hate for Legion, if I may ask?
    World quests. PvP was sh1tty. Mission tables. And I personally disliked artifact weapons, I want to switch to something else not just hold onto 1 thing entire expansion. BfA neck is the same thing but at least it's hidden from view so w/e.
    Last edited by leetk1ng; 2018-09-19 at 10:45 PM.

TBC, when they killed 40 man raiding.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

WOD obviously, but I wouldn't vote Cata myself despite it getting pretty high in votes. The main thing is the end game suffered due to the dev time leeched by the 1-60 experience, but for the long term benefit of the game, I am so glad they did that. Scaling turned it from "decent, certainly an improvement" to "my favorite level bracket" since I could finally see the end (without losing out on tons of xp) of legendary zones like Silverpine Forest or Redridge.

I said MOP because it was the first time I felt totally disconnected from the GAME and the First time since I started in January 2005 that i Unsubbed. I could care less about Pandas and their Land in any way shape of form, It killed a lot of the classes I liked to play like DK's which have not been the same since Wrath. Then WOD I hardly subbed for 3 months total the entire Xpac, followed by Legion.

My List of Expansion ranks
    BC
    WOLTK
    CATA
    BFA
    Legion
    WOD
    MOP

Honestly the last 3 can be interchanged in any order at this point. I am basically done I have not felt the need to log in since last week, I got to 342 Ilvl and feel like there is nothing to do and hate the WQ/ non stop rep grind.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even know what was going on on Draenos because I quit asap

Autistic mode on the garrison
    Time traveller orcs, still dont understand the story
    Missing zones
    Asrhran was a borign zergfest
    Boring quests and weird world map. I still have most of my alters stuck at lvl 90

Haven't played BFA other than beta, so I picked Legion for making me cancel for the first time ever.

Sure WoD sucked, but at least I could play my alts.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

What specs are those excluding shamans? I only have 5 120s and play 5 DPS specs. SV, BM, Arms, Outlaw, Havoc. So my knowledge of how other specs "play" is limited. Just going by numbers and amount of people playing them I'd also just ASSUME: WW Monk, Aff lock, Frost mages, Arcane mage are also popular due to their playstyle not being terrible or nonfunctional.

Only glaring spec I'm aware of atm is feral mostly due to abysmal numbers. If a 3 dps spec class has 1-2 bad specs but 1/3 is top 5 overall I think that's a win for the class.
    I still think the best design decision they could ever make is designating a few guaranteed bottom of the chart DPS specs but compensating with powerful raid utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    the worst is not even on the list, emerald dream because they scrapped it for cataclysm and cataclysm was the better of their 2 ideas in their opinion it seemed
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2018-09-20 at 01:57 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    the grind was on Ragnarok Online levels, make me hate leveling professions and foremost Cooking (im looking at you **cking panda apprendice), pvp wise was a mess, the artifacts that gave so much power that people still on denial for losing them and claiming that the legendaries from D3 were a good addition to wow.

- - - Updated - - -

i like to know why you disliked cata pvp so much?, a lot of classes had one of their best moments there and was one of the expansion were the mages rein supreme all the expansion (that was the personal thing i didnt like about cata pvp, but im a warrior so they are my natural enemies)
    Too many things slower gameplay than in wotlk, some super bad ideas like taking mage damage from frostbolt and frostfire to ice lance, hpala with rebuke, feral sitting in nova/roots (not entire expansion), no destro lock only affli, mana burn burning more mana than in wotlk.

Cata started making pvp bad. Ofc i am talking from rated perspective and some ppl may dislike wotlk damage, mop cc or wod no dmg outside cds but i disliked cata.

The only reason why wod was even worse was that retarded burst with no dmg without cds

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    the worst is not even on the list, emerald dream because they scrapped it for cataclysm and cataclysm was the better of their 2 ideas in their opinion it seemed
    They said a whole expansion based around "Green" wasn't ever going to be a thing or technically feasible and would be very unpleasant on the eyes to many.

So maybe uh, knock it off. Nothing was "Scrapped" for Cata.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird... the 2 expansions I was most excited for theme wise ended up being the two worst (at least imo although they're both generally considered the worst) those being Cata and WoD. Cata started off decently strong. The dungeons were pretty good, Tier 11 is up there with some of the greatest tiers in the game, and the old world revamp was cool and added an interesting bit of content outside of max level. It got progressively worse as it went on though, as Tier 12 was pretty meh and the Molten Front was just ok, and then Tier 13 is probably the worst tier... ever? Maybe?

WoD is by far the worst expansion though. Leveling was okay, Highmaul is probably my favorite "sub-tier" raid, I enjoy it quite a bit, the dungeons were pretty solid, but god damn was there fucking nothing to do outside of raiding. First expansion under the new 50 dollar price point, yet we only got 2 tiers as opposed to the usual 3. Ashran was a failure. Just fucking horrible. Cata had problems but before Tier 13 is was a very solid expac. WoD was just horrible from the beginning and got even worse.

Wrath is my favorite expac. Near perfect. MoP is a close second. Didn't play Legion much because of the AP grind at the beginning of the expac but once they sorted that out, what I did play was extremely solid. I see why some people tout it as one of the best. The story of Antorus was hot garbage though. Such a disappointing end to the guy who was literally the main villain of WoW since forever.

TBC and Vanilla were great for their times, but are both outdated by today's standards. Hence why I'm not super excited for Classic. It'll be really great to relive some of the best moment of my life but once the nostalgia fades I think it'll be meh as fuck. Same with TBC to a lesser extent. If they get to Wrath, that'll be the first one I see that'll really hold my interest long term.