Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP
    I hate the pandas so much.
    Content wise and features it was good.

But yeah i hated the setting and i hated the pandas lol
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    They said a whole expansion based around "Green" wasn't ever going to be a thing or technically feasible and would be very unpleasant on the eyes to many.

So maybe uh, knock it off. Nothing was "Scrapped" for Cata.
    Yeh I don't know why people want an entire expansion based on a place like moonglade.. It would be so boring...

15+ Year Old Account
    Difficult choice between MoP and WoD for me but I went with MoP. I just hated the whole theme of the expansion, hated the zones... so glad you can skip it when leveling now.

Most iterations of the game had something I liked, and stuff I didn't like.

Vanilla: liked--AQ; Naxx; tier design; PvP. didn't like--class balance
    BC: liked--most of the raids; didn't like--too heavy-handed with blood elf theme
    Wrath: liked--almost everything; didn't like---a year of raiding ICC
    Cata: liked---old world revamp; transmog; playable goblins (!!!!); theme; didn't like---DS ruined by god-awful Madness encounter, so effing sick of trolls after ZA/ZG revamp; rogues being OP and getting their own special snowflake legendaries; rough expansion start (too much of a learning curve for most of the playerbase)
    MoP: liked--theme; SoO; scenarios; challenge modes (LOVED these); proving grounds; brawler's guild; didn't like--???
    WoD: liked--Yrel; questing zones; didn't like --garrisons and faction hubs felt poorly implemented; got so sick of Orcs/garrison management/raiding that I unsubbed for 2 years :/
    Legion: liked--artifact weapons/abilities; class halls; mage tower; Dalaran!!! didn't like--World of MeleeCraft (still played casters anyway), AP grind; unlocking allied races feels unnecessarily grind-y
    BfA: liked---almost everything; Alliance zones feel amazing! World PVP! <3 don't like ---neck feels meh, no desire to grind; class balance is effing poop; world pvp should be a total blast but Horde seems to like WPvP more than Alliance does and the imbalance is obvious. Also Darnassus/world tree being gone still hurts man

Not sure anyone cared lol but that's my breakdown.

One month in an BfA comes very close to WoD.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK and WoD were equally shitty, but BfA seems intent on taking "first place"...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Wod,Cata,BFA (so far)

Deleted
    WOD was just so lacking in features, it feels unfair to pick anything else.

After WOD comes legion and cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say Cataclysm because after killing the best villain of wow, Deathwing felt disappointing (I totally didn't know him)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was most hyped for Cataclysm, as Deathwing was my favorite villain. Cata started off well, but was a disaster after that.

WoD is certainly worse (that also started off well, minus garrison issues), but my hype for Deathwing makes Cata worse for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    For raiding? Cataclysm. Wrath is a close second, but it's saved by Ulduar.
    For dungeons? Wrath. Mists is a close second but it was saved by challenge modes.
    For world content and patch updates? Warlords. Cata is a close second.

Overall I voted Cataclysm, because I'm primarily playing the game for the raid content and Cata was by far the most disappointing. Only expansion where I completely stopped logging in for several months to play other MMOs (I also switched to another MMO in Wrath but I was back within 3 weeks... in Cata I played other games for like 3 months).

I mean, tier 11 was pretty good and I liked that but Firelands was way too short (and too easy, except for Ragnaros). I would have loved Firelands if it was maybe like 4 bosses longer. And Dragon Soul, omg, it was just terrible.

In contrast, Warlords raiding was actually pretty enjoyable, there was just nothing else but that in the game and one of the tiers got cut. It was bad too, but at least I enjoyed what was there.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

BFA hands down. First expansion I didn't purchase and i've played WoW since day one. Beta felt really shitty (i know it was just beta but live seems to be the same according to posts i have read and friends i've talked to who still play or tried the expansion.

GCD changes, class pruning, no flying at launch again, no new talents/abilities at 120, tier sets gone, mob scaling is shit. Warfronts and Island expeditions are incredibly underwhelming.

The game doesn't really have anything that draws me to it this time around which is upsetting because I used to really enjoy the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    If we get 15920 votes. I will personally ask @GothamCity for a six month ban.

Still WoD. If I had to judge based on class design and changes to the system (titanforging, rng, grind etc) then WoD-Legion-BfA are all pretty much equally horrible. MoP was the very pinnacle of expansions all-around.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion. Nothing felt rewarding and playing an entire expansion using just 1 weapon, grinding those shitty talents pts, took the fun out of progression on my character. It also killed alts for me.

I know everyone hates Cata, but as a holy pally HC raider who casually blazed through wolk like it was my bitch, cata brought a much desired difficulty curve..... until dragon soul.

started playing in Vanilla about halfway through, and from how the game has progressed its safe to say that this was the worst "expansion" or era of WoW. Do not get me wrong theres nothing more epic than exploring an unknown land or the feelin of grinding to get your first epic mount, but for me the game since the start continually evolved into a better and more developed game. I loved WoW in all of its forms and i dont get why some people hate on the content we are given but hey to each thier own, some parts are sloppy in each expansion but theres always parts of each that i love.

So since its always getting better the start point is the worst part for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Too many things slower gameplay than in wotlk, some super bad ideas like taking mage damage from frostbolt and frostfire to ice lance, hpala with rebuke, feral sitting in nova/roots (not entire expansion), no destro lock only affli, mana burn burning more mana than in wotlk.

Cata started making pvp bad. Ofc i am talking from rated perspective and some ppl may dislike wotlk damage, mop cc or wod no dmg outside cds but i disliked cata.

The only reason why wod was even worse was that retarded burst with no dmg without cds
    ohh ty for the insigh, haha seemes like we had very different experience with the expansion with the only common ground begin the frostmages but ty for sharing it

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria because chinese mythology and fat pandas have no place in Warcraft, a medieval fantasy setting.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Mists of Pandaria because chinese mythology and fat pandas have no place in Warcraft, a medieval fantasy setting.
    How so? Please inform me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata and WoD are both way up there, with Vanilla in a very distant third. BFA is currently beating them all by being as utterly atrocious as it is, but there's still time for it to redeem itself the way MoP did.

As much as I think WoD was objectively worse, I voted Cata. It's what I associate with WoW's permanent fall from grace, and it's what made me unsub for the first time since I started playing.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2018-09-24 at 12:38 PM.