Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yes, and there was no retaliation, showing GArry didn't a crap later
    And for some reason he never used the the plague during his own campaigns.

Except the shattering and every mak'gora before this
    How can a duel between two Warriors prove that magic is not allowed?
    That's like arguing that eye sight is not allowed because two blind people duel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And for some reason he never used the the plague during his own campaigns.
    He not using is the point, its not a orc thing, but he still let then use with no retaliation whatsoever.

How can a duel between two Warriors prove that magic is not allowed?
    because warriors do not use magic

That's like arguing that eye sight is not allowed because two blind people duel.
    one eye man fighting against a blind one sounds very honorable.

He not using is the point, its not a orc thing, but he still let then use with no retaliation whatsoever.
    Which seems rather contradictatory considering he placed explicit rules forbidding the plague.

one eye man fighting against a blind one sounds very honorable.
    The blind man cannot expect the world adapts to his shortcomings.
    Similiarly, if an Orc is simply not very tall, he is at a disadvantage over any bigger orc, if one Orc grows to a massive size for some reason, that just have that advantage over others.
    Some people simply have innate advantages over others, Mak'gora does not force anyone down to the level of your opponent.

Cairne also had a huge advantage over Garrosh, leaving his experience entirely aside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which seems rather contradictatory considering he placed explicit rules forbidding the plague.
    welcome to the Wow lore where contradictions happens like cancer kills

The blind man cannot expect the world adapts to his shortcomings.
    Similiarly, if an Orc is simply not very tall, he is at a disadvantage over any bigger orc, if one Orc grows to a massive size for some reason, that just have that advantage over others.
    Some people simply have innate advantages over others, Mak'gora does not force anyone down to the level of your opponent.
    Every advantage is all about strength lvs and psychical pure force, what is needed to the leadership, and this is what a mak'gora find

If the other guy is stronger bigger and faster than you then he fit to lead more than you if he win.

Because even him can lose (pretty sure blackhand was bigger than Orgrin and he still managed to win)
    Cairne also had a huge advantage over Garrosh, leaving his experience entirely aside.
    they still put then in the same circumstances, one weapon, no armor, etc, if his advantage was about pure strength, what orcs stand for, then it is ok

Every advantage is all about strength lvs and psychical pure force, what is needed to the leadership, and this is what a mak'gora find
    Nope. Mak'gora means Duel of Honor, not duel of physical strength.

If the other guy is stronger bigger and faster than you then he fit to lead more than you if he win.
    Or if that guy happens to have magical powers which you are unable to counter...

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Mak'gora means Duel of Honor, not duel of physical strength.
    the duel of honor find the one with most strenght to lead, thats why you can have bad leaders
    Or if that guy happens to have magical powers which you are unable to counter...
    who did nothing magic in his fight or every other fight the wielder fought....

Dammit. Thrall just has a random axe it seems. That's not cool at all. I wish he'd at least have a nice staff.

the duel of honor find the one with most strenght to lead, thats why you can have bad leaders
    And at which point it's said that this is only purely physical strength? Nowhere.

who did nothing magic in his fight or every other fight the wielder fought....
    Sorry, this time i can't decipher the meaning of that sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    And at which point it's said that this is only purely physical strength? Nowhere.
    if they ever say magic strength, you tell me

strength is by default physical

Sorry, this time i can't decipher the meaning of that sentence.
    Orgrin did not use magic in his fights, and neither the hammer was magic empowered in those fights, just a piece of metal, end.

Thrall will return in WoW 2: The quest for more subs.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Don’t be surprised when Thrall comes out of nowhere pissed off at what Sylvanas has done with the Horde and starts his WC3 act all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Redeemed undead will be an alliance allied race.
    when you look at all the cheap recycling and using the same base shit over and over again, and when you look at their bad writing... yes, i totally can see that.

i see a tired ion in front of the camera, telling ppl that blizzard got that ppl do not like what horde faction has became and so they go back to the higher morals state of blood and honor and ... do what they always do: the same shit again. ofc it is packed as great news, great improvements, the THING that ppl asked for, and what not...

umpf, this shit is getting stale.

Thrall stepping down as Warchief never made sense in the first place. And not naming Saurfang as his replacement also never made sense. The last decade of WoW has been built around Thrall making these nonsensical and arbitrary decisions.

I felt like he wouldn't return because they made it so obvious at Blizzcon 2018 when Metzen asked a question. But maybe they half-spoiled it because to give Horde fans something to look forward to, as they don't want players outright losing all faith in their faction, instead of waiting for the story to unfold. Hard to say one way or another but I'm still skeptical they'd spoil this.

Figured they were going to the Council route, but I guess Metzens back and recording lines. He was SUPER into it too. More than usual. I figured Baine would have been more likely if they went the Warchief route again, since he's been getting focus and represents the heart of the Horde according to that one line. Voljin received similar development before he was made Warchief (that Scenario)

I don't really have a dog (or orc) in this race of who I'd want though. From a writing standpoint, Baine would be easier to write for as the Horde Warchief. He has his flaws, dissidents, etc and you could take more angles with him. Give him some Ws and some Ls. Thrall is just too popular and perfect, and I don't think they want to write many more stories putting him in an unfavorable light and we basically know all there is to know about him. Baine is basically like Anduin, both imperfect, young leaders w/o parents, and needing to listen to their counsel.

So I think Thralls just here to help out, and he'll keep using that Frostwolf clan model in his semi-retired life
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-05 at 01:39 AM.

strength is by default physical
    The fact that "physical strength" is a word proves this assumption false.

Orgrin did not use magic in his fights, and neither the hammer was magic empowered in those fights, just a piece of metal, end.
    For the Xth time by now, how do duels between people that cannot use magic prove that magic is not allowed?
    The Mak'gora between Garrosh and Thrall is the first time we've seen a Warrior and a Shaman in a Mak'gora, Magic was used, no one complained over it.

Boom, that is called a precedence, hence, magic is allowed.

welcome to the Wow lore where contradictions happens like cancer kills

Because even him can lose (pretty sure blackhand was bigger than Orgrin and he still managed to win)

they still put then in the same circumstances, one weapon, no armor, etc, if his advantage was about pure strength, what orcs stand for, then it is ok
    Lol, pure physical strength is mandatory to lead?

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that "physical strength" is a word proves this assumption false.
    okey let me be more clear

strength in an orc society, thus in a orc ancient tradition, is by default about physical strength

For the Xth time by now, how do duels between people that cannot use magic prove that magic is not allowed?
    because they do not use it, in any mak'gora that is dated, until the fight in the comic when both fighters used.
    The Mak'gora between Garrosh and Thrall is the first time we've seen a Warrior and a Shaman in a Mak'gora, Magic was used, no one complained over it.
    The first one as showed in the comic Thrall only use magic to stop the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Lol, pure physical strength is mandatory to lead?
    most of the times in tribes/clans yes

strength in an orc society, thus in a orc ancient tradition, is by default about physical strength
    It isn't.
    Elsewise, the Orcs would most likely have a distate for magic as a whole, which they don't have.
    And Shamanism is also an ancient tradition among Orcs.

Characters like Thrall or Ner'zhul show that even a Shaman ruling a Clan or the Horde itself perfectly fine, despite not being the strongest Warrior among them.

because they do not use it, in any mak'gora that is dated
    Reptition for the Xth time: How does this prove it is forbidden?
    They are Warriors, not capable of using magic, that is why magic is absent, not because it is forbidden.

The first one as showed in the comic Thrall only use magic to stop the fight.
    Read again, between a Warrior and a Shaman.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-05-05 at 03:42 PM.

I thought that orc society wanted to be more than clan/tribe. If they want to be savage, they do not deserved Thrall.

Garrosh dual wields
    Is in full plate
    Thrall is in full plate
    Thrall is throwing Garrosh around using the elements

It’s a Mak’gora, now make up some bullshit excuse Thrall cheated in WoD. Garrosh fanboys
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-05-05 at 04:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't.
    Elsewise, the Orcs would most likely have a distate for magic as a whole, which they don't have.
    they did have, despite shamanism what kind of other magic did orcs use? they barely dabble with the void star and this was later on in another clan
    And Shamanism is also an ancient tradition among Orcs.
    Is ancient but rare, most of the shamans were elders or apprentices
    Characters like Thrall or Ner'zhul show that even a Shaman ruling a Clan or the Horde itself perfectly fine, despite not being the strongest Warrior among them.
    Also grandma Geya, who was not stronger but they repect her, if someone want to challenge her for leadership they could, its fucked up but it how things work in a barbaric, tribal civilization

Reptition for the Xth time: How does this prove it is forbidden?
    if you are gonna repeat the question i will repeat the answer
    Read again, between a Warrior and a Shaman.
    a shaman fighting in mak'gora would follow the tradition and fight as a warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    It’s a Mak’gora, now make up some bullshit excuse Thrall cheated in WoD. Garrosh fanboys
    Cause an ingame fight using npc skills is rly canon, compared to the comic

either way, Thrall was using only the lighting, we can even argue is his "own powers" but in the second the elements interfere in a 1x1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I thought that orc society wanted to be more than clan/tribe. If they want to be savage, they do not deserved Thrall.
    i mean, back there you didn't had much to chose, they are not that civilized.