Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    IIRC, a headshot from her bow one shots a one of Tichondrius' dreadlord captains in WC3.
    and? she is not stronger than a felguard, and if we discuss power lv and power float in wow we will stay here forever

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Why wouldn't it be a fair fight? She is a Priestess of Elune. Elune's blessings, and everything it can, is part of her power. How is using spell a dirty trick? Do you think spellcasters should be using their staves, maces and daggers to fight against warriors to make it fair, too?
    Something else light frozen him in place for her to finish, what a fucking bulllshit, how is that fair? is like putting 2 axes in your throat and asking you to fight, but if you move you lose your neck

i say elune gameshark

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande.
    Shit, if push came to shove, I think Tyrande, Malfurion, Velen, and Jaina could maybe wipe out the entire Horde, just the four of them.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    >hearing a big strong heavy armor
    >heart is behind the muscles

or you are saying its a deus ex machina arrow, convenient trong enough to by pass all of this
    yet no helm... free kill for an archer that's standing few meters from you if you ask me

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Saurfang is a skilled and veteran Warrior, but I don't think he's the equal of the immensely long-lived and experienced High Priestess of Elune. There's not much that can move Tyrande to murder given her reverence to Elune, but having her homeland attacked and her beloved husband brought to near-death is surely a combination that can do so.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    what? thats the point of an ambush. dont give time to react. even in real world.
    so you see, it isn't a fight but ambush

Something else light frozen him in place for her to finish, what a fucking bulllshit, how is that fair? is like putting 2 axes in your throat and asking you to fight, but if you move you lose your neck

i say elune gameshark
    Elune's light - and everything Elune did - came because Tyrande prayed for that. It's her ability - not too different from Tirion's holy light in his fight against Arthas. In your example, it'd be more like some spellcaster asking you to fight, and the moment the fight started, he summons multiple weapons out of thin air to keep you in place (which would be pretty cool too, like this?). That isn't much different from a Bronze Dragon stop you in time, or a mage turn you into an ice cube using their magic.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-08-02 at 06:59 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    yet no helm... free kill for an archer that's standing few meters from you if you ask me
    he have his neck protetor, is not that easy shot an arrow in the head of a moving target, when eh could just protect his head with his arms armor

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Saurfang is a skilled and veteran Warrior, but I don't think he's the equal of the immensely long-lived and experienced High Priestess of Elune. There's not much that can move Tyrande to murder given her reverence to Elune, but having her homeland attacked and her beloved husband brought to near-death is surely a combination that can do so.
    all night elves are immensely long-lived and have thousand of years of experience and still get their butts kicked many times trough the years, thats not a good parameter

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Saurfang, she had a dagger. Must have left her bow in Teldrassil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    2. She had no bow, just a Dagger.
    She arrives with a dagger, she switches to a bow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Elune's light - and everything Elune did - came because Tyrande prayed for that. It's her ability - not too different from Tirion's holy light in his fight against Arthas. In your example, it'd be more like some spellcaster asking you to fight, and the moment the fight started, he summons multiple weapons out of thin air to keep you in place (which would be pretty cool too, like this?). That isn't much different from a Bronze Dragon stop you in time, or a mage turn you into an ice cube using their magic.
    so, then its not a fair fight

She pulls a deus ex machina spell and everything its fine, bah

and we are not even tacking account if he can brake the spell by his will, and logic say he could, but the plot would not let him

Besides, when she came? we can basically say now that saurfang could not finish malfurion because of her
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-02 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    because its a fucking felguard, a big strong demon overpowered by the power of fel

are you telling me their strength equal one arrow of tyrande? lol

- - - Updated - - -

what novela? saurfang just didn't want to fight, its the most retarded thing fight against someone like him in a melee combat with daggers lmao

that woman had elune answering? waow, almost like mean something

yeah not a fair fight for her
    K calm down Matilda.

The novella is part of the collectors edition chest. People are starting to recieve them and their are rumors that as per the lore in there (again as said before I'll believe it when I read it myself), that elune saves malfurion, that tyrande has saurfang at her mercy, and that sylvannas expects elunes interference.

She has a bow in the scenario. Not sure what you are talking about.

Saurfang is a warrior and a loved one at that. But elune > axe.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The amount of Alliance fanboys in this thread...

Saurfang would win easily. In the BFA intro CGI he takes numerous arrows and continues to fight.
    Lets also be reminded of his son that Arthas wanted as his champion -- he didn't make that choice lightly. Arthas could have had any 'hero' as "the might of the scourge", but he picked a Saurfang.

Age doesn't give you an advantage as most of you are suggesting with Tyrande, as the phrase goes, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

They should have killed off Malfurion. He is an annoying character -- The Jar Jar Binks of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    And when Anduin scream's psychically, is that the Light, fearing his enemies?

When I mind control someone, is that really Elune reading my mind to determine what actions I want them to take, then making them take the corresponding actions?

When a troll casts Levitate, do a bunch of Loa spirits sneak under the allies feet and carry them around?

No, silly. It is not all just faith and divine intervention for every spell from every priest in every religion.

What's different between Warlocks/Mages and Priests, is that Fel & Ley are both types of energy which they have learned to manipulate.

Priests interact with the forces of life and death and mind directly. Willpower and faith are factors, but so is discipline and training and skill.
    you're talking more gameplay mechanics than lore.

most priests don't use shadow at all, because every time you do you hear whispers while channeling it. it's a legitimately evil source of power.

shadow works purely on willpower. it's not a spell, it's your will saying what to do. that does take training, obviously. but tyrande doesn't use shadow, at all. she uses elune's light. everything tyrande does is through elune's blessing. there's been times she just wasn't able to do anything because elune didn't answer.

gameplay makes fel and arcane seem like dbz level shit, but in lore you're casting a spell. think khadgar when you empowered your artifact "kirin'var torel, ahm shalar azakim!"

it's not the same for light. it's not even the same for shadow. light requires your faith, and the light does the action through you. shadow requires you to command it, have knowledge on how to command it, then your will is manifest in shadow. like when alleria killed the demon hunting her and turalyon, she willed blades of shadow to appear and stabbed it with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    then it was not a fair fight, and she could only win by some dirty trick like this, understandable

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure she is not
    Listen just because you don't like the written book doesn't mean it will stop happening. Fair or not is not a thing to discuss, as your warchief said "it's war". And as per the book, she smacked that foo.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    K calm down Matilda
    who is not? saying fuck don't mean you are mad

She has a bow in the scenario. Not sure what you are talking about.
    and? im not saying she had not, but she goes with a dagger
    Saurfang is a warrior and a loved one at that. But elune > axe.
    yeah but when you get a axe in your face there is not much what elune can do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    The amount of Alliance fanboys in this thread...

Saurfang would win easily. In the BFA intro CGI he takes numerous arrows and continues to fight.
    Lets also be reminded of his son that Arthas wanted as his champion -- he didn't make that choice lightly. Arthas could have had any 'hero' as "the might of the scourge", but he picked a Saurfang.

Age doesn't give you an advantage as most of you are suggesting with Tyrande, as the phrase goes, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

They should have killed off Malfurion. He is an annoying character -- The Jar Jar Binks of WoW.
    Head over to post 113.

Calling people fanboisszzz, while going against actual lore.

You lot only have two settings
    "It's war all is fair!"
    "Shit we got our teeth kicked in! Errr...err bad story!!! Errr...unfair!"

i say elune gameshark
    you're being silly about this.

this is a 1v1 fight, tyrande and saurfang going all out. if tyrande cannot cast, obviously she's physically weaker than saufang and would not win. but neither could saurfang just sit and let her shoot him. you don't need to be that physically powerful to put an arrow through someone's brain. but i don't think tyrande's a good enough archer to hit saurfang in the head, due to his skill in combat.

if tyrande can use the light, saurfang has absolutely no chance. as i said before, elune shields her with a shield so strong archimonde cannot break it. unless you think saurfang could swing his axe with more power than archmonde has, he cannot hurt her. it also seems that she used something akin to a paladin's repentance ability on saurfang, so he cannot even move.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Listen just because you don't like the written book doesn't mean it will stop happening.
    and will not stop being bad, your point?
    Fair or not is not a thing to discuss, as your warchief said "it's war". And as per the book, she smacked that foo.
    she is not my warchief since legion beta, when we figure out lmao

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I cannot stand post-Warcraft 3 Tyrande, but nor can I imagine a scenario where she wouldn't mop the floor with Saurfang. He's like, the best Warrior alive, but he's still just a warrior. Even in Warcraft, that can only mean so much. And she has millennia on him. It's not like she would have to fight fair either. That's her forest. She probably has sentinels and druids hiding in ambush, punji pits, sentinel owls, quasi-sentient beasts on hand, Starfall, master archery, moon-blessed arrows, deadly glave skills, and even if a Mary Suefang overcomes all that she'll have her trump card "THE GODDESS IS MY SHIELD" bullshit to stop his axe. Ughhhh. It's terrible but I don't see how he could win. Drinking the blood of Mannoroth?
    While I agree with the general thought, don't forget that his brother, arguably a weaker warrior (not weak, weaker than Saurfang), managed to injure Sargeras. So I wouldn't write the "just a warrior" just yet. If gets in melee with her no amount of bullshit Blizzard plot-armor would save her really. And in that point in time she was what, 9-10 feet away?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you're being silly about this.

this is a 1v1 fight, tyrande and saurfang going all out. tyrande cannot cast, obviously she's physically weaker than saufang and would not win. but neither could saurfang just sit and let her shoot him. you don't need to be that physically powerful to put an arrow through someone's brain. but i don't think tyrande's a good enough archer to hit saurfang in the head, due to his skill in combat.

if tyrande can use the light, saurfang has absolutely no chance. as i said before, elune shields her with a shield so strong archimonde cannot break it. unless you think saurfang could swing his axe with more power than archmonde has, he cannot hurt her. it also seems that she used something akin to a paladin's repentance ability on saurfang, so he cannot even move.
    like i said before, if we would discuss power lv and power float, we could stay here forever

grant it, they put a plot so she could win easily and deus ex machina spell, there is not more to talk

10+ Year Old Account
    who is not? saying fuck don't mean you are mad

and? im not saying she had not, but she goes with a dagger

yeah but when you get a axe in your face there is not much what elune can do
    Was just teasing you syegfyred.

Like I said with that much power (she did have a bow) but dagger bow w.e doesnt matter. She could go with a monkey on her shoulder and a fish in her hand and she'd still win cuz in the end, she is a protected party by elune.

Meaning the only option left is some shady ambush or as someone already pointed out. Fel blood.

We have to remember things don't always scale 1v1 in wow.
    E.g
    illidan killing a prime narrru
    Orcs taking out cenarius
    Malfurion taken out by an axe
    Etc etc

1v1 he will lose. If she knows he's coming he will lose. Whther it's fair or not is a whole different debate (it's war so it's fair personally). As for strength. She has more power with her. Not in her muscles. But magical.