Deleted

Question Anyone here live/been to Phoenix, AZ ??

How do you people cope with that heat?? 45 degrees weather so people must be baking outside in the sun. Phoenix Arizona has some very nice landscapes but is it worth living there??.

There is this thing called humidity that has a profound effect on being comfortable or not in the heat. AFAIK Pheonix generally has low humidity when it is hot, having never been there but I do live somewhere where it gets to high 30s without ever really feeling stuffy. Places like London that are close to the sea(unless you are from that crazy canadian london, I have no idea where that is) have god awful humidity when it is hot making high 20s unbearable.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats nothing, dry heat sucks but humidity is just nasty. Like Afrospinach said, add in air thats full of water. Its like a hot blanket that sticks to your skin. Its gross. People who arent used to it can't breath in it, you kind of feel moist and sticky even though you might be try.

Some people say rain cools an area off, but did you know rain can actually make the weather feel worse? if its not a downpour (which would just make the next day humid), all the rain does is turn outside into an inescapable steam room. I never understood why people like those things.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    There is this thing called humidity that has a profound effect on being comfortable or not in the heat. AFAIK Pheonix generally has low humidity when it is hot, having never been there but I do live somewhere where it gets to high 30s without ever really feeling stuffy. Places like London that are close to the sea(unless you are from that crazy canadian london, I have no idea where that is) have god awful humidity when it is hot making high 20s unbearable.
    Yep. I was stationed in the Mojave desert in Southern Cal for 4 months and this was during the fall of the year. It would get 110F most days and it did not feel as bad as 90 and high humidity like we have here in Ohio. Stay in the shade and wear the right outer wear and you can tolerate much higher temps with low humidity. In both cases however, dehydration can be a issue if you are not careful.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

People from Phoenix can’t imagine below freezing much less 30 below so it works both ways.