Poll: What do you think should happen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Yesterdays Honor farm

So I am sure some of you know that yesterday groups have been running 40v40 in darkshore, however doing something special, 39v39, once side killing the other, then with the 40th person mass rezzing, then going back and forth, allowing for an honor level every 5 minutes on average.

With this having been a thing, many people used this and quickly reached 500 honor level, basically invalidating the whole system.
    however some of us like me went "ok that is an exploit, it is going to be rolled backed or banned" as it is both exploitive, and what some may consider win trading.

I ask you lot today what you lot think about it, as now we have an issue, blizzard added something, people exploited it, blizz fixed it, and those people have not been punished. This is not a good thing for the game, because is inspires people in the future to PURPOSELY exploit things, to get as much out of it before its fixed, because "well I was not punished in the past."

This could be a big issue for the future if they keep having stuff pop up, people exploit, and then it is fixed, and those who did not do it are left in the dust, as the ones who did the exploit are not punished, a system like that inspires exploiting.

Think of it as an ATM, people withdraw money, suddenly they start getting extra 100$ bills. The bank records who does and work on a fix.
    You find out and turn in your 100$, it is then fixed.
    They all get to keep their money, without any punishment, but you handed in your 100$ so you dont, you did the right thing and are punished for it, while others did the wrong thing of not handing in the wrongly given money, and are rewarded for it. This inspires people to do the opposite of what they should be.

TL: DR= People are being rewarded with hundreds if not thousands of hours of saved time, FOR EXPLOITING. While those who refrained are punished by blizzard.

I forgot to make 2 more choices of
    "Ban them and fix it"
    and
    "Rollback their honor levels and fix it"

So example.
    I just did a 1 hour 25 minute AV.
    gave 1250 honor.
    1 minute of this darkshore win trading gives as much as an hour and half AV VICTORY
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-08-09 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big deal to me. You could have done it and been fine.

BG's should give like 3000+ honor for a win, i don't understand this 500 bullshit, while pvp towers facerolling 13 npcs is 300?

it's just proof why PvP is dead, and blizzard are willing to lose a few million subs to try revive it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Not a big deal to me. You could have done it and been fine.
    The issue is if you read the post, stuff like this IN THE PAST has gotten people rolled backed and banned (like the Ap exploit where people were getting mass amounts of Ap, or the people who were logging out and in to get kirin tor eyes by doing a daily that reset on logout)

So alot of people didnt do it, feeling it was wrong and blizzard knew it was wrong.

Also some people wernt even able to get on and do it before it was fixed.

Imagine if suddenly people found a vendor that sold an item that sold back to the vendor for more, 3 hours later its fixed and those people get to keep the golds caps upon gold caps they have made, while you and every other person who was unable to log on is behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    BG's should give like 3000+ honor for a win, i don't understand this 500 bullshit, while pvp towers facerolling 13 npcs is 300?

it's just proof why PvP is dead, and blizzard are willing to lose a few million subs to try revive it.
    Yeah with 500 levels, even giving 1 level a win that is still 500 bgs...
    for a bg giving max 600, and a level being 8800... The amount of time to get 500 is fucking mental.

this farming allowed people to get double the honor of a winning 15 minute BG, in ONE MINUTE.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i knew I wanted 4 poll choices for a reason.. I wanted to have one be "Ban/rollback, fixed"

7+ Year Old Account
    Still with no punishment in sight, what do you lot think? Is blizzard REALLY REWARDING EXPLOITING now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't vote. I think there should be a rollback and fix, no ban.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be rolled back, but no punishments. It was an clear oversight they didn't bother with, so people took advantage of it.

There is a reason people say "Exploit early, Exploit often"
    Blizzard isn't known for punishing people for exploits unless its a small group on the forefront of things. Aka things like world first races, or extreme high M+ (dunno if M+ ever happened, but if a group clears a +30 through exploits something would be done)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can't vote. I think there should be a rollback and fix, no ban.
    I agree, it is difficult to tell who did it intentionally or without even thinking what was really going on.
    so i would be for either
    1. allow it to happen again so anyone can do it (less prefered)
    2. keep it fixed, but roll people back who did it, giving them maybe 10 levels for their time. (the levels they may have gotten from that farming time)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Should be rolled back, but no punishments. It was an clear oversight they didn't bother with, so people took advantage of it.
    Yes, rolling it back is for sure the best option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    There is a reason people say "Exploit early, Exploit often"
    Blizzard isn't known for punishing people for exploits unless its a small group on the forefront of things. Aka things like world first races, or extreme high M+ (dunno if M+ ever happened, but if a group clears a +30 through exploits something would be done)
    yes i really wish it was not that way, as i avoid exploiting because i am not that kind of person, but if this is how blizzard is going to run things then well, guess i better get exploiting.

Blizzard isn't great with punishing exploits outside of high end mythic raiding or PvP. While I do not think you should exploit, since it devalues the accomplishment, people tend to do it with little repercussion. I think the only exploit hit in legion was that WQ exploit where you could farm a ridiculous amount of Artifact Power, and even that punishment was minor. Most didn't receive any suspension, and if you only did the WQ like 10-20 times, they didn't even remove the AP.

The issue with this, is it'd be easy to do without realizing it was an exploit. It's a brand new system, and perhaps getting to honor level 500 isn't supposed to take forever? A couple hours of massive 40v40 raids. The 40th stays back to revive the group when they die, makes sense.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Blizzard isn't great with punishing exploits outside of high end mythic raiding or PvP. While I do not think you should exploit, since it devalues the accomplishment, people tend to do it with little repercussion. I think the only exploit hit in legion was that WQ exploit where you could farm a ridiculous amount of Artifact Power, and even that punishment was minor. Most didn't receive any suspension, and if you only did the WQ like 10-20 times, they didn't even remove the AP.
    Yes, and this is a bad thing, a really bad thing. if they literally do not punish this at all, this will set a new low for exploiting in BFA< and for my first time in my life i may just start doing so, cause the massive amount of time this farming saved is MENTAL

a BG WIN is about 600 honor for 10 minutes
    a single minute of this is 1200 honor.

that is already 20x faster. but then well que times for BG's, daily +honor win only works once, and well you dont win every single match.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this actually getting abused? I don't even see groups doing it. Not calling BS, but is it common?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I agree, it is difficult to tell who did it intentionally or without even thinking what was really going on.
    so i would be for either
    1. allow it to happen again so anyone can do it (less prefered)
    2. keep it fixed, but roll people back who did it, giving them maybe 10 levels for their time. (the levels they may have gotten from that farming time)
    The sheer fact that you don't know who did it on purpose or who didn't makes more reason for a flat out rollback if they had all been part of it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Nice poll, very inclusive.

Fix and roll back, I wouldn't ask for bans if it's many many people involved.

But won't honor levels get reset with seasons, or how does that work?
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ban, but rollback. Blizzard wrote this 'exploit' into the game and therefore they are responsible for those who use it. However, it completely defeats the intended purpose of honor levels as a point of pride for players, since this exploit devalues that prestige into oblivion. Roll it back to protect the integrity of pvp honor levels, but don't punish players who were involved*.

*I was not involved and this seems like a scummy thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post

I believe honor levels are permanent. As in, the honor system is something that is intended to be pursued over multiple expansions, as sort of a long term progression mechanism for frequent PVPers. As far as I know honor levels never reset, and once you cap you cap for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    I believe honor levels are permanent. As in, the honor system is something that is intended to be pursued over multiple expansions, as sort of a long term progression mechanism for frequent PVPers. As far as I know honor levels never reset, and once you cap you cap for good.
    Well, shit. Rollbacks are definitely in order then.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its PVP, who cares

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There should be rollbacks, and the fix should be changed to be less punishing for legitimate groups trying to farm honor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    Is this actually getting abused? I don't even see groups doing it. Not calling BS, but is it common?
    it was fixed, but yes ALOT of people abused it, and got hundreds of honor levels in no time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post

nope, this is supposed to last all the way till the end of BFA cause well its supposed ot take hundreds of thousands of hours.
    doing it perfect this way was 0-500 61 hours with perfect every time.
    now doing it normaly is supposed to take 40+ times more then that...