Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard cannot write quests properly

I want to first start off by killing off anything anyone wants to try and bring up about places to get information to do quests. This is strictly about blizzard not writing things correctly so that things can be done.

Not sure why blizzard puts things into the game and then though shitty writing, or not making things simple, and basically just screwing up any reasonable way to finish things or gain access to the expansions.

I started a series on my youtube channel that takes quests that are broken because of the text involved and show how bad the writing within it is. Now obviously players who argue against this and blame shift, are just idiots who cannot be talked to and cannot even accept the facts and don't want to be reasoned with because they think the person is the problem instead of looking at the break down of what the writing is bad.

For example:
    This is true: I had to call blizzard to get them to explain to me in full detail, how to access the Warlords of Draenor expansion. I had been away from the game for over 2 years and only came back about 4 days ago, now the people who had been playing all along starts a shit storm in chat about how I was dumb and everything else, just they had been playing so it became second nature to them and so that means according to them no one should have a problem either. (It's a we did it, so you should too) 9 year old argument.

but apparently people forgot that the access to the expansion was hidden away in an option and then that option was never made aware to players..Only someone who had never left would believe the person was trolling. As I said no point in arguing with idiots that cannot separate what they know to someone that has no possible way to know that information.

So while on the phone with Blizzard I said I shouldn't have to be on the phone with you asking how to get access to the expansion, I also shouldn't have to go to any outside source to get that information either wtf.

I said "Why doesn't blizzard just make expansions easy to get to by doing 1 very simple thing. Seriously what['s with the complex maze of BS (I actually did say the whole statement) how hard is it to do this:

After you buy the expansion, when you log in the starting Quest to access the expansion is auto-added to your quest journal, and then an onscreen message pops up that says (Insert Expansion) has been added to your quest journal, click accept to start it.

Seriously how frigging hard is that to do..So Instead of making a very simple process like I just described, blizzard has to create such a web of complexity, that it just becomes un-fun...I shouldn't have to do massive research and school work to learn how to gain access to something I paid $60 + dollars for...thgat's ridiculous.

Again players will say it's easy or ask how did you have problems, but again those are just idiots looking for arguments.

There is a second issue i ran into with the enchanting study in the garrison which is absolutely one of the most idiotic things I've seen yet:
    I actually made a video about it because ti's too much text to write out So Here is the link to that video:

<snipped>

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-09-03 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tl gamer View Post
    SNIP

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    What an absolute load of garbage. The true irony here is how hard it was to read your writing. What a complete shambles. Also, i really hate to be 'this guy', but what you described, with the quest popping up and setting on your way? Yeah, thats EXACTLY what does happen. This is a shameless plug of some crap youtuber. Nothing more.

Fresh account with TWO posts - check
    link to youtube - check

Seriously, the adventure guide comes up when you log in and tells you to click to do that content. The adventure guide is on the mini menu that's always on the screen next your action bars.

Holy fuck you are the kind of insufferable piece of shit human being who complains about food you order when there is nothing wrong with it because you need to feel some kind of blind power aren't you? Shut the fuck up you miserable red neck

Hint: You do receive a quest to go there. You also have a dungeon guide - you're just too fucking retarded to figure that out because you are at the bottom of the barrel of players as far as intelligence is concerned. Suffice to say the education system failed you.

You are literally too stupid to post this in the correct subforum. Is your next video going to be how the classic WoW subforum was too vague to the other ones? You're a fucking idiot dude. I skimmed all five of your videos and in each one of them you make some sweeping generalization like "now most people will say that I'm wrong" and then don't even justify how. You have the strongest conviction in your shit-stew of arguments combined with the lowest ability to think critically that I have ever seen. Unfortunately you're way too old to be able to fix that. It would take a decade to unknot your tumbleweed brain. I don't envy you. Jesus fucking christ.

As the dude below said. Take your meds.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-09-03 at 08:01 AM.

Dude wtf...

You've created this topic in the "Classic" (Vanilla revival) subforum to promote your YouTube channel and complain about an introductory garrison quest from two expansions ago?

Instead of going through all of this trouble to "call Blizzard", argue with players in-game, create a YouTube channel, write a weird, long non-sequiturial MMO post detailing your failure to be able to complete a simple introductory garrison quest that everyone else did, like, 4 years ago, you could have done a simple Google search or used any number of guides or websites to find the very simple answer to your questions.

Maybe its not Blizzard. Maybe its not the other several million people who play this game. Maybe its you. I don't want to sound mean because it sounds like there may be some real psychological issues going on here, but seriously, DO NOT SKIP YOUR MEDICATIONS.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would point out that intro quests DO automatically pop up when expansions go live...but...you already know that don't you?

Pathetic "look!..i made a you tube video!" post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bored so I actually went to your video...my God...with that voice...NEVER make another video...Jesus...I will never get that sound out of my head

See all of you are doing exactly what I said, you do nothing but make excuses for bad writing and there is no talking to idiots that are ignoring the actual issue and just want to argue instead.

The major flaw in everyone's reply is all of you are mentioning options that there is no way a player who already has a level 50+ character that just came back to the game after 2 plus years, would ever know about and know what anything you are talking about..Here is a breakdown:

Lets start with this clown:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    I would point out that intro quests DO automatically pop up when expansions go live
    Someone who already has a 50+ character that just came back after being gone for 2 plus years can actually pick it up without having a clue to what it's attached to...So you have no argument.

As for this douche bag:

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    You also have a dungeon guide
    A player who has a 50+ character that just came back after 2 years HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THAT because that is not mentioned at all and it's hidden from a player who already has a high level charter. So shut the fuck up with the You should know bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Seriously, the adventure guide comes up when you log in and tells you to click to do that content.
    Not on a high level character someone coming back into the game after 2 years, it doesn't. It might do that if you start a level 1, but it sure as shit isn't even mentioned or hinted to coming back with a high level character..so the player cooming back has no clue about 3/4 of the added options.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The adventure guide is on the mini menu that's always on the screen next your action bars.
    Someone coming back with a high level character isn't going to be paying any attention to that section of the bar because theyr'e too busy trying to get readjusted to their game interface and skills and crap.

You all just need to knock of the assumption bullshit! it's really getting fucking stale now.

Seriously how much of a frigging moron do all of you assholes have to be to not understand NOT EVERY OPTION HAS BEEN MADE TO KNOW TO THE PLAYER after coming back, there are no pop ups, there is no hints, nothing pops up and says hey look at this, nothing you guys are saying is told to a player who logs back in with a high level character after 2 plus years.

So get bent and take your stupid trolling asses and your assumptions and get lost.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-09-03 at 08:04 AM.

You should play Dark Souls.

See all of you are doing exactly what I said, you do nothing but make excuses for bad writing and there is no talking to idiots that are ignoring the actual issue and just want to argue instead.

The major flaw in everyone's reply is all of you are mentioning options that there is no way a player who already has a level 50+ character that just came back to the game after 2 plus years, would ever know about and know what anything you are talking about..Here is a breakdown:

Someone who already has a 50+ character that just came back after being gone for 2 plus years can actually pick it up without having a clue to what it's attached to...So you have no argument.
    There is literaly a giant pop-up when you go online with your char which explain everything to you and even give you a link for the adventurer guide.

So no, the reply are on point, you're the one at fault. You're just like :

A player who has a 50+ character that just came back after 2 years HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THAT because that is not mentioned at all and it's hidden from a player who already has a high level charter. So shut the fuck up with the You should know bullshit!
    Isnt it common sense to actually look how the Interface changed when your Log into a game after years?

What do you actually want? Every two days Highlight on every button that tells you how to use them?

Oh, FYI because nobody told you:
    The Buttons on the lower Screen to the Left, are your Skills. You press them to hit stuff really hard.

After silently reading mmo-champion for years, I have created an account just to tell you you are wrong, and that I hope nobody actually tries to gain any knowledge from your youtube channel, that no doubt is full of similar misleading drivel.

I regularly take breaks, and come back with no trouble getting back into the swing of things, and Blizzard keeps getting better at their in game guidance.

As for this douche bag:

Not on a high level character someone coming back into the game after 2 years, it doesn't. It might do that if you start a level 1, but it sure as shit isn't even mentioned or hinted to coming back with a high level character..so the player cooming back has no clue about 3/4 of the added options.

Someone coming back with a high level character isn't going to be paying any attention to that section of the bar because theyr'e too busy trying to get readjusted to their game interface and skills and crap.

You all just need to knock of the assumption bullshit! it's really getting fucking stale now.

Seriously how much of a frigging moron do all of you assholes have to be to not understand NOT EVERY OPTION HAS BEEN MADE TO KNOW TO THE PLAYER after coming back, there are no pop ups, there is no hints, nothing pops up and says hey look at this, nothing you guys are saying is told to a player who logs back in with a high level character after 2 plus years.

So get bent and take your stupid trolling asses and your assumptions and get lost.
    So are you pretty excited for Classic then, or no?

I watched your youtube video and you are a hard R.

How do you not understand that quest?

How many hands do you want hold you?

The NPC you need to talk to is clearly outlined.
    Once you talk to him, you will see that the materials he asks for is Draenic Dust, not the Fractured Temporal Crystals (THESE ARE THE QUEST REWARD DUMDUM)
    If you had taken any time on your character to actually do enchanting, you would by now know, that you get dust and crystals from disenchanting items.
    This is even explained by the Enchanting trainers.

Sorry that Blizzard assumes you are thinking for yourself.

For you to come here and complain and even make youtube videos about it makes me wonder if you also think the earth is flat and lizard people rule the world.

Worst Troll ever, you get a quest when you hit the minimum level for an expansion now.. And even if it was not the case... use google...
    You don't have to read quests anymore just follow the map and the mobs and items with a yellow aura............. This has been added in cataclysm only...........

Go back to church or wtv but don't play video games

I agree, if people would give directions irl like the quest givers in WoW, everyone would fucking run cluelessly, like some retarded Pokemon hunters.

Do you play other video games ? Do you give up every game without a full tutorial about everything ? Then you must not play a lot of games...
    You insult everyone but the only retard here... is you. YES the game is too hard for you,, now GTFO, problem solved
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-09-03 at 06:29 AM.

Why are you saying you had a high level character like that is some sort of prestigious thing? Even in vanilla that puts you at average at best

- - - Updated - - -

A player who has a 50+ character that just came back after 2 years HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THAT
    Close the thread. Undeniable proof that he knows what he is doing right here.

because that is not mentioned at all and it's hidden from a player who already has a high level charter. So shut the fuck up with the You should know bullshit!
    It's not hidden! It's the first thing that pops up on your screen when you log in! It glows on your action bar until you accept the quest! Level 50 is not high level! It is not hidden from you! You are very very stupid!

I mean, they did that with Legion and BFA. I don't know why they didn't retroactively do it with other expansions.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Why am I trying to convince an idiot that he is an idiot!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going insane! Good bye now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I agree, if people would give directions irl like the quest givers in WoW, everyone would fucking run cluelessly, like some retarded Pokemon hunters.
    Life does give you directions like in wow. You are required to use outside sources, you know, maps, guides, gps, satnav, to find your way.