Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's one mean looking face mask on that male robe!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I gave you a road to turn off that allows you not to come off as someone hating on a people because of there religion. I do appoligize to the thread about that. But it looks like I got you back on course. So continue to hate on them... forget about me.. it seems to be the direction you want to take this.
    That's exactly what you said. So my question to you is why are muslims not able to follow the law like the other citizens? It wasn't me that said they would start bombing stuff. You did.

You're the hater here.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Don't see why what you wear is important when it comes to "integrating" it seems like Europe is obsessed with destroying cultures to integrate, while in America say a super traditional Japanese woman wants to wear a Kimono, no one gives a shit. In Sweden would people be upset at a Japanese woman in kimono, or a Korean man in a dopo.

Actually what about muslim men

Does that offend Swedish people and warrant them not integrating?

integration isn't all about abandoning and destroying your cultural heritage.
    People in kimonos dont blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    People in kimonos dont blow up.
    Neither do people in Burqas.

Give me a European terrorist attack by a woman in a Burqa now please.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't believe anyone willingly wants to walk around in something that completely isolates them from the outside world. Plenty of people, okay citations please, seeing you have numbers i guess?

Well if it makes you sleep better you may call me a bigot, i know what i am and so have no issue with a random fool who can't produce an argument and needs to create threads on the basis of lies to get justification for their believes.

I speak out of experience, i have in some cases had female friends stuck in such a situation, i know plenty of men in those communities, friends of mine actually and you'll get a wide array of opinions, but a fully covered up women is not considered normal or common as you claim it to be, i'll gladly see those numbers with a comparison to those who wear a hijab, seeing you are so sure of it. But i don't believe for one second that fully covered up women are well integrated and employed in the UK society as you claim it is the case.

Ah yes, because i disagree with you, i am a racist. That's all you really have isn't it? Either it's black or white, either you're for or against and if you're against it's because out of racism. Weak but as mentioned before you started this thread with that narrative and it failed, so keep them lies coming
    Oh my you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here - tragic. You've even resorted to blatantly making stuff up when you've ran out of further strawmans to throw at me. I did not make this thread. I am not the thread starter. So I have no idea why you have repeatedly accused me of making this thread and beyond that you've accused me of making this thread with malice intention. Oh pity look the dementia and derangement have set in. I think it is time to take your cholinestrase inhibitor and call it good night.

Yet another strawman asking me to cite the number of Muslim women who wear the niqab knowing full well it is notoriously difficult to determine this. In fact the Muslim council themselves said that they don't know and it is hard to prove citation from 1 and 2 sources. What I can tell you however that at least in the UK the majority 77% by the last poll support Muslim women should have the right to wear the veil.

You've ended your post with yet another self-serving anecdotal excerpt that belongs more in your diary than a debate thread. I have not once denied that some Muslim women support the ban but I have always maintained that some Muslim want to wear it. The obvious solution is not to ban it so as not to upset either group. However, this ban removes the women's rights of Muslim women who want to wear the veil. I also don't deny that some Muslim men are bad and controlling just like some Christian men are bad and controlling. The difference here is that you are dishonest and boldly telling us that Muslim women don't want to wear it and that it stops them from integrating.

Finally, you've asked me to cite data for Muslim women who wear the veil and how well they integrate. I will do that but as soon as you provide real data for your initial claim that niqab prevents Muslim women from integrating. You brought it up first - the burden of proof is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese and onion View Post
    He said Here in the West we value women's rights and freedom, my response is that only if they're white. Do you know why? Because people don't give a shit about your rights or freedom if you're not white. Some talk big about how much they care but what do they do to actually ensure that womens rights and freedoms are respected? Absolutely nothing for women who belong to minority groups, denial of cultural problems tied to minorities, screaming racism and letting their families control them is what many are met with. Often they engage in relativism it by saying they have no right to judge another culture.
    That's total BS and you know it - it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of colour, religion and whatnot. However, there are limits to everything - you can't go to a country and expect to be accommodated on everything. It just doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    That's total BS and you know it - it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of colour, religion and whatnot. However, there are limits to everything - you can't go to a country and expect to be accommodated on everything. It just doesn't work like that.

What harm have women in burqas done?

5+ Year Old Account
    Well you cannot see their faces now, what if they rob the bank, how cameras can register something like that? I know they wear it for religious reasons but in public places they should be fined for that, at least in European countries. How can you even interreact with someone who has their face covered, it's really scary.

Every government in every developed nation tells their citizens to wear clothes.

Until you are pissed about that, being pissed about this makes you a hypocrite.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    F your source and f anyone dictating what people can wear. Do I expect you to reveal your face if you want a conversation? Yes, but I'll live either way. Others are not so lenient and would tell you to move it along, if you don't want people to see your face as you try to hold a conversation. You're not a clown at a kids party. One woman was charged and fined with street-disorder and one for not removing the veil when asked by an officer. She put it on even though it came off in the fight. Supposedly because she didn't want to reveal her face to the other woman. Just because police isn't enforcing it, it doesn't mean regular citizens are so lenient.
    I could understand it, if it was a man but those two women deserve each other. One standing up to patriarchy while another blindly accepts it. Danes do not want a parallel-society within the culture and will get in your face if you try to isolate yourself. It's not normal and just depressive all-around for everyone involved, hence the law that's designed to allow for people to get to know each other. Religious freedom ends at other peoples freedom and the equality and brotherhood of the society. Denmark is as close as you can get to a secular nation without actually being one and the law reflects in spirit the national heritage of protestant-christian values that are widespread within the culture. We're a lot of people living closely together and have to learn to get along even when it's painful to open up to other perspectives. The worlds not ending, it's just change and you're expected to adapt to the reality we all share and live in. We understand it happens at your own pace one small step at a time, this is just stating the obvious in the form of a mask ban. People don't like the gesture unless it's for show or Halloween. Doesn't stop the rich guy in Morocco from paying all the fines similar to this across the world. Not like it's that bad anyway, 150$ iirc.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Unlike the USA, most of the world realizes that different cultures, ethnicity and religions don't mix well. The false narrative in the US of "diversity is utopia", is being proven wrong constantly every single day.

Denmark is trying to avoid the inevitable strife and chaos that comes from putting people with dramatically different world views together. This is a wise decision to avoid all sorts of problems down the road.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Oh my you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here - tragic. You've even resorted to blatantly making stuff up when you've ran out of further strawmans to throw at me. I did not make this thread. I am not the thread starter. So I have no idea why you have repeatedly accused me of making this thread and beyond that you've accused me of making this thread with malice intention. Oh pity look the dementia and derangement have set in. I think it is time to take your cholinestrase inhibitor and call it good night.

Yet another strawman asking me to cite the number of Muslim women who wear the niqab knowing full well it is notoriously difficult to determine this. In fact the Muslim council themselves said that they don't know and it is hard to prove citation from 1 and 2 sources. What I can tell you however that at least in the UK the majority 77% by the last poll support Muslim women should have the right to wear the veil.

You've ended your post with yet another self-serving anecdotal excerpt that belongs more in your diary than a debate thread. I have not once denied that some Muslim women support the ban but I have always maintained that some Muslim want to wear it. The obvious solution is not to ban it so as not to upset either group. However, this ban removes the women's rights of Muslim women who want to wear the veil. I also don't deny that some Muslim men are bad and controlling just like some Christian men are bad and controlling. The difference here is that you are dishonest and boldly telling us that Muslim women don't want to wear it and that it stops them from integrating.

Finally, you've asked me to cite data for Muslim women who wear the veil and how well they integrate. I will do that but as soon as you provide real data for your initial claim that niqab prevents Muslim women from integrating. You brought it up first - the burden of proof is on you.
    You claim a lot of people wear it and are integrated well into society, give me the numbers. It's not that hard. Multiculturalism has failed and integration in general is at failure due to isolation of said communities this practice contributes to it. Your choice to believe this or not. If the UK believes that it isn't so, your free to do whatever seeing it's becoming less and less relevant with the brexit coming up.

Ah correct you didn't start the thread, but you were one of the first to post to try to steer it into a certain direction that this law is racist, my bad. Thanks for clearing your intention up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Well you cannot see their faces now, what if they rob the bank, how cameras can register something like that? I know they wear it for religious reasons but in public places they should be fined for that, at least in European countries. How can you even interreact with someone who has their face covered, it's really scary.
    What's scary about a woman covering her face but showing their eyes?

I guess this is the phobia part in Islamophobia. L0L

Neither do people in Burqas.

Give me a European terrorist attack by a woman in a Burqa now please.
    People in burqas do blow up. I'm not sifting through all the reports of burqabombs to find a European one. I said people in burqas blow up, you added the European thing. So your response in relation to my factual statement is wrong.

5+ Year Old Account

Yea, but how can you know who you are talking to? You can't see face, can't see difference.

Deleted
    Don't see why what you wear is important when it comes to "integrating" it seems like Europe is obsessed with destroying cultures to integrate, while in America say a super traditional Japanese woman wants to wear a Kimono, no one gives a shit. In Sweden would people be upset at a Japanese woman in kimono, or a Korean man in a dopo.

Actually what about muslim men

Does that offend Swedish people and warrant them not integrating?

integration isn't all about abandoning and destroying your cultural heritage.
    You can see someones face through a kimono. Why the fuck do you think noone cares? ARe you really that daft?

I know, let's pass stupid laws that infringe on peoples' freedom of expression and only deal with the symptoms of our national crisis instead of actually dealing with the cause, which is an abysmally low birthrate among the native population and mass importation of an incompatible culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    People in burqas do blow up. I'm not sifting through all the reports of burqabombs to find a European one. I said people in burqas blow up, you added the European thing. So your response in relation to my factual statement is wrong.
    People in regular clothes also blow up. Guys in flannel shirts and jeans carry guns that they use to shoot people. Shall we ban those?

Deleted

Whats scary about someone covering themself up while being part of the highest by far suicidal by bomb demography? You are purposely being obtuse arent you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People in regular clothes also blow up. Guys in flannel shirts and jeans carry guns that they use to shoot people. Shall we ban those?
    Not in Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Whats scary about someone covering themself up while being part of the highest by far suicidal by bomb demography? You are purposely being obtuse arent you

- - - Updated - - -

Not in Denmark
    So, then show me all the people in Denmark blowing up in Burqas.