Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I wish Blizzard would be so bold to do that and make it last for one or two expansions, but they probably won't.
    If they did they would have to phase out a lot for higher level players or do another Catta and change stories for a lot of zones and I don't think we will see them do that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Wowhead is wrong then, or at least highly inaccurate in painting the entire picture :/
    WoWhead's maps are based on combining mission summaries from both Alliance and Horde mission tables, and perhaps world quests? I don't recall if the latter were figured into matters, but as of beta that map is pretty accurate if we assume (due to their respawning nature) the missions are ongoing war efforts and you're sending reinforcements each time the mission pops up, or that they're constantly in flux if each time we send troops out on the mission is a new, self-contained operation. Either way, it paints a picture that the Horde has hardly secured Kalimdor's northern forests and aren't likely to manage it with the Alliance harassing them and the necessity of keeping troops available to respond in the Eastern Kingdoms, Zandalar, and Kul'Tiras (and to do so without spreading themselves so thin the war efforts collapse due to a lack of manpower).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    If they did they would have to phase out a lot for higher level players or do another Catta and change stories for a lot of zones and I don't think we will see them do that again.
    I badly want another revamp. But yeah, I know. They probably won't do that again anytime soon, which is sad.

I badly want another revamp. But yeah, I know. They probably won't do that again anytime soon, which is sad.
    I am not so sure. We are running out of new area to pursue and Blizzard ultimately has to face that as we keep climbing higher and higher, leveling can be too cumbersome for new players.

There's also the fact that the old world looks incredibly dated compared to Draenor, Broken Isles and KT/ZD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal is not up for grabs, it is not horde or alliance property, its under the same category as The Moonglades....neutral. If Sylvanas marches a army that way you will see dragonflights, wild gods, Cenarius and probably even the Tauren take up arms against the horde. The WoE is not a fucking toy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am not so sure. We are running out of new area to pursue and Blizzard ultimately has to face that as we keep climbing higher and higher, leveling can be too cumbersome for new players.

There's also the fact that the old world looks incredibly dated compared to Draenor, Broken Isles and KT/ZD
    I fully agree with you. Going back to the old world from Draenor,Broken Isles and KT/ZD feels like you're flying through different games. For example, I still can't believe that 14 years later we're stuck with 2004-era shitty skyboxes.

https://i.imgur.com/Bhnm1Ew.jpg

I really want to be proven wrong, and see a revamp in the next expansion.

I fully agree with you. Going back to the old world from Draenor,Broken Isles and KT/ZD feels like you're flying through different games. For example, I still can't believe that 14 years later we're stuck with 2004-era shitty skyboxes.

https://i.imgur.com/Bhnm1Ew.jpg

I really want to be proven wrong, and see a revamp in the next expansion.
    Yeah. I've posted about that before. Stormwind looks better in the Horde scenario with an updated skybox and a little seamist than it does in live

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    WoWhead's maps are based on combining mission summaries from both Alliance and Horde mission tables, and perhaps world quests?
    Ah, so it's not meant to be an accurate portrait to any extent anyway. That makes a lot more sense!

Thanks for the clarification ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Hyjal is not up for grabs, it is not horde or alliance property, its under the same category as The Moonglades....neutral. If Sylvanas marches a army that way you will see dragonflights, wild gods, Cenarius and probably even the Tauren take up arms against the horde. The WoE is not a fucking toy.
    Might even drive the trolls and more shamanistic orcs to their side as well. Remember that Lo'gosh (Goldrinn) was adopted as a folk hero by the orcs because of his ferocity and savagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Might even drive the trolls and more shamanistic orcs to their side as well. Remember that Lo'gosh (Goldrinn) was adopted as a folk hero by the orcs because of his ferocity and savagery.
    I don’t know if trolls would like WoE to remain in elf hands. Last time they blew up the planet. Probably that’s enough of a reason to keep it away from any elf, including Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

I mean to stop leveling feeling as bad as it does you either need to let new players creating new characters to start at a higher level, reduce the level cap and squish everyone down, or just make a new game or do what Gw2 does and just phase people to a level accurate to the current area.

The 100+ grind for new players is appalling. They keep trying to find work arounds with stuff like heirlooms and paid level boosts but those only get you to a certain point :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We don't have total control. Nor should we until a hypothetical victory where we defeat the Alliance and integrate their races into the Horde. I'm totally against the idea of pushing the Night Elves and Draenei off the continent. And the same goes for the Forsaken and Blood Elves in the Eastern Kingdoms.

One continent per faction is a stupid idea that needs to die.

Deleted
    I mean, sure, if Lordaeron get destroyed and become Alliance. Equal trade, faction city for faction city, and then Alliance can sit in Easten Kingdom and Horde on Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me the Alliance is winning overall. They've taken Lordaeron and the Plaguelands and contest Silverpine and Arathi. Hillsbrad remains a stronghold for the Horde, but the Alliance is reclaiming Southshore. The Horde is running to the hills in the Eastern Kingdoms, while the Gileans are ready to reclaim their home, nearly everything south of the Thandol Span is under Alliance control and the north is freshly conquered and colonized.

Meanwhile the Horde have to deal with Night Elf incursions in Azshara and the gates of Mulgore being seiged. Their Kalimdor hegemony isn't exactly uncontested, and the next war front seems to be in the Southern Barrens. Teldrassil might be the last Horde victory we see for a while.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    I mean, sure, if Lordaeron get destroyed and become Alliance. Equal trade, faction city for faction city, and then Alliance can sit in Easten Kingdom and Horde on Kalimdor.
    Not overly, most of southern Kalimdor is either neutral or alliance owned. Goblins own Tanaris and thousand needles but they aren't horde goblins. Alliance still have a heavy foot in southern Barrens and Desolace, Feralas. Ungoro is more or less neutral.

But then you look at EK and outside the northern holdings horde don't have much in the way of an actual presence in any of the zones.

A bit in Swamp of sorrows* and the blackrock mountain area, but nothing as massive as the alliance holdings in Kalimdor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Seems to me the Alliance is winning overall. .
    To be fair that's only sort of true, Horde now completely wiped out the alliance presence (I mean the majority of the strongholds) in Six seperate zones (Stonetalon, Dustwallow, Ashenvale, Darkshore, Teldrassil, Gilneas) and yes they are contested but they are clear massive horde victories.

Meanwhile the alliance has gained footholds in many areas but their overall stature for what they own is still pretty slim before we get in to BFA. That's not saying alliance are in a bad place, but it's saying that the alliance haven't had a major victory in this war for awhile.
    Last edited by Virothe; 2018-08-05 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I don’t know if trolls would like WoE to remain in elf hands. Last time they blew up the planet. Probably that’s enough of a reason to keep it away from any elf, including Sylvanas.
    The original well was in troll hands, if trolls take over and settle there it is only a matter of time until you get new elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The original well was in troll hands, if trolls take over and settle there it is only a matter of time until you get new elves.
    So we know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    So we know what to do with it.
    Using it properly? I mean the night elves had it for 10.000 years and wasted its potential on moonwells.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We don't have total control. Nor should we until a hypothetical victory where we defeat the Alliance and integrate their races into the Horde. I'm totally against the idea of pushing the Night Elves and Draenei off the continent. And the same goes for the Forsaken and Blood Elves in the Eastern Kingdoms.

One continent per faction is a stupid idea that needs to die.
    This. It has been proven time and time again through the various conflicts that people are more helpful alive than dead. Why kill off or banish the entirety of a race when they could be of usage in soldiers and resources when the next invasion by a world ending threat comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Using it properly? I mean the night elves had it for 10.000 years and wasted its potential on moonwells.
    Disarm it, make it useless.