Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Related: Alex Jones filed to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought against him, when he claimed Sandy Hook was a staged government hoax with crisis actors instead of grieving victims.

The judge refused. It might have something to do with Jones' claim being too vile for even a Republican-appointed judge in Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Related: Alex Jones filed to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought against him, when he claimed Sandy Hook was a staged government hoax with crisis actors instead of grieving victims.

The judge refused. It might have something to do with Jones' claim being too vile for even a Republican-appointed judge in Texas.
    Or because he published recordings of him saying it... not like he can now deny it happened, only Trump can do that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

78 page circle jerk going on in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or because he published recordings of him saying it... not like he can now deny it happened, only Trump can do that.
    It's not about Jones denying saying it, this is a defamation case. He's therefore has to show
    a) the statement was true, and/or
    b) the statement did not attack anyone's reputation.

That last one -- saying a grieving parent is a paid actor -- is gonna be tough.

It's not about Jones denying saying it, this is a defamation case. He's therefore has to show
    a) the statement was true, and/or
    b) the statement did not attack anyone's reputation.

That last one -- saying a grieving parent is a paid actor -- is gonna be tough.
    Here's hoping he loses as much money as possible. He gets every bad thing coming his way.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Related.

So the New Yorker holds a festival every year and invite a bunch of celebrities and media members. One of the features was going to be a live interview with Steve Bannon.

And, well, the guests objected to that. There were objections to the point of high-level cancellations.

So the New Yorker uninvited Bannon. Naturally, Bannon's upset. But I can't help but notice Bannon used the term "coward" and not "censorship". See, he is in the business and knows the New Yorker, by choosing to move his interview to a private setting, isn't censoring. They're a business. And they were about to lose money. So they made a decision based on polls and sales, but did not cut off an opposing viewpoint by govermental action.

- - - Updated - - -

Shots fired.

[Twitter’s] legal and policy chief, Vijaya Gadde, told Politico that while the company has often given Trump an exception for possible policy violations because of the newsworthiness of his tweets, there is “not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.”

The fact that this was said publicly and out loud is damning enough.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2018-09-05 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shots fired.

[url=http://thehill.com/policy/technology/405019-twitter-trump-not-exempt-from-being-banned]

[Twitter’s legal and policy chief] Vijaya Gadde, told Politico that while the company has often given Trump an exception for possible policy violations because of the newsworthiness of his tweets, there is “not a blanket exception for the president or anyone else.”[/]

The fact that this was said publicly and out loud is damning enough.
    So... the populist president would have been banned, if he were actually part of the populace?

Also, don’t let twitter off the hook here either. Trump wasn’t acting better before 2015 and there was nothing newsworthy about his account... unless tabloids and gossip is news.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So Jones is kind of butt hurt right now.
    An alien probe will do that.

"Jones never claimed aliens were --"

Oh, yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/marco-rub...170848519.html

So Jones is kind of butt hurt right now.
    Well that was slightly entertaining.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Well that was slightly entertaining.
    It looks like democrats have gone under a major shift in Alex Jones mind. From cucks to rapists, is a massive jump.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/twit...-accounts.html

And he and Infowars accounts are now removed from Twitter for...continuing to violate their rules.

Its pretty sad that they feel they have to remove his social media, I just can't believe anyone takes him seriously. It baffles me that there are people that believe what he's saying.

Theres this old man that delivers pizza to my house sometimes. Really nice guy but a few years ago he starts talking to me about this website he goes to that has the real truth on it, Infowars. I'm always nice to the guy but I feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its pretty sad that they feel they have to remove his social media, I just can't believe anyone takes him seriously. It baffles me that there are people that believe what he's saying.
    Why is it sad? He frequently incites violence and harassment amongst his followers (i.e. the Sandy Hook family that has had to move 7 times already because each time they relocate his followers find and continue to harass them). Twitter has no obligation to host that nonsense, as it clearly violates guidelines Jones and his company agreed to in creating their accounts.

Theres this old man that delivers pizza to my house sometimes. Really nice guy but a few years ago he starts talking to me about this website he goes to that has the real truth on it, Infowars. I'm always nice to the guy but I feel bad for him.
    Because he's not just pushing alien conspiracies. He also uses his platform to advocate violence and harassment at minorities, the LGBT community, Jews, and political opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why is it sad? He frequently incites violence and harassment amongst his followers (i.e. the Sandy Hook family that has had to move 7 times already because each time they relocate his followers find and continue to harass them). Twitter has no obligation to host that nonsense, as it clearly violates guidelines Jones and his company agreed to in creating their accounts.
    I didn't say it wasn't justified, just that its sad that it is. I would think people would just ignore the crazy person and he wouldn't have followers but thats not the reality of the situation. Thats what I find sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it wasn't justified, just that its sad that it is. I would think people would just ignore the crazy person and he wouldn't have followers but thats not the reality of the situation. Thats what I find sad.
    The whole problem that Alex Jones has with this, is that removing him from social media will make it easier to ignore. He will no longer pop up on any suggested algorithm or will you see him comment on a major platform. The fact is, this is only a problem, because everyone know that once you have to go to infowars.com, he will just be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    More like for harassing Jack in person yesterday.
    Jack? Do you mean the “democrats are raping republicans!”, Jones yelling at Rubio?

- - - Updated - - -

You do have to give him credit for blaming him being kicked off on some republican value. The dude is only screaming for republicans, because he wants to be shielded with tribalism bullshit he pushes. This is not a Republican politician. Not a man that ever ran for office as a Republican. A man who has plenty of conspiracy on republicans.

Take a lesson from this... if you ever get in public trouble. Repeatedly claim that you are part of some group, like republicans. That way, you can act that personal scrutiny, is scrutiny of republicans... not just you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, I'm talking about the founder of Twitter who Jones confronted post-testimony. This was after Jones and Rubio trolled each other.
    Googly moogly... there was more? Off to google...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And he and Infowars accounts are now removed from Twitter for...continuing to violate their rules.
    They gave him every chance.