Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance is a side faction at this point

feels like the alliance only exists to push the horde plot, and it has been feeling like this for a few expansions now. not only is alliance the worse choice in terms of gameplay (raids/m+) but also in terms of lore and story development.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could argue that the Horde exist so the Alliance has something to fight, thus Horde exists to push the Alliance plot. Most iconic warcraft 3 heroes are Alliance as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like both sides need eachother in order to play war.

I agree it’s time for the genocide of the alliance

Queue the tears. Exactly like in Cataclysm and beg for another MoP which you obviously learned nothing from.

The Alliance is only ok when they are superior it seems, anything less and we got tearful players claiming Horde favoritism from one horizon to the other, but obviously that cannot happen.

It works both ways. Without one faction the other is worthless.

If you consider Horde to be the main faction, imagine them being the only faction. They would constantly fight each other since they don't have anyone to repeatedly attack. In this scenario, Sylvanas would make forsaken from Horde races, especially blood elves.

Other than that, it's entirely subjective.

Even as Horde gets beaten down constantly, time and time again as Expansions go by, a select few Alliance die-hard fans still want to claim Horde is the favorite expansion.

It's truly hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Alliance Fanboys: We are only a side plot/theatre piece/prop for the Horde!
    While Horde players: WTF ... they are making us into the villains and the Alliance good ... our leaders like Baine and Lor'themar look like idiots because they are just following Sylvanas. Saurfang is just looking to die in battle. Our side is so stupid.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    feels like the alliance only exists to push the horde plot, and it has been feeling like this for a few expansions now. not only is alliance the worse choice in terms of gameplay (raids/m+) but also in terms of lore and story development.
    Name a Horde hero that had a major impact on the world of late. I'll wait.

What? BfA is shaping up to be Anduin's story with Sylvanas being his antagonist and Saurfang being how Anduin saves the Horde from her. Anduin is clearly the protagonist of BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    It's almost like both sides need eachother in order to play war.
    Not really, all the horde sets itself up for is to be like any other world wide thread the alliance faces each expansion but instead alliance can't treat them like and has unfinished conclusions and is hamstrung.
    It's why it's so unsatisfying for alliance.

Having said that blizzard does have a thing for anduin. But nothing is completly one sided 100%. Blizzard has an overal bias and fandom for the Horde faction but outside of that it also has a bias towards what you could say the gamedesign document says about each faction supposed experience.

All i can say is their is a large part of horde player who do like just owning the alliance and enjoyed cataclysm. They just didn't like it when it turned against itself and making the evil element extremely in your face. In MoP the game and the lore all didn't show the alliance being victorious against the horde, they helped liberate them and all they did was a meaningless warning. But you could make the extremely logical conclusion alliance won or would win.
    And now the experience overal the same again, which does get tiring for both sides.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2018-08-08 at 10:53 AM.

What? The story, as always, is that the Horde is some evil force that has betrayed and hurt a large variety of perfectly good and noble alliance leaders, and that at some point down the line, the alliance, perhaps with a small group of horde resistance fighters will overcome the horde leadership. Then it will be "ok, since you helped us, we'll let you live, but don't do it again!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Even as Horde gets beaten down constantly, time and time again as Expansions go by, a select few Alliance die-hard fans still want to claim Horde is the favorite expansion.

It's truly hilarious.
    yeah, Jaina comes in with godlike power to save the day, and it goes unnoticed.
    "....but....but....greeen jeeeesuuuus!"
    Last edited by tankbug; 2018-08-08 at 10:52 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    What story develompent?
    Swap Horde for Alliance and Alliance for Horde and you get the same feeling.
    It's the curse of MMO. If only Alliance would be playable, he writers would have much more wiggle room for actual story development. Like an actual permanent victory.

As it stands now, we are locked in an eternal stalemate, going 1 step forward and one step back. There can be no real story development and no real, lasting consequences as long as both factions need to be playable and players clamoring for equilibrium as to not feel like losers.

Deleted
    It feels like Alliance and Horde are side to the expansion plots. In WoD and Legion the faction stories were put on a backburner and now they trying to act like the faction story has always been a focal point of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Alliance Fanboys: We are only a side plot/theatre piece/prop for the Horde!
    While Horde players: WTF ... they are making us into the villains and the Alliance good ... our leaders like Baine and Lor'themar look like idiots because they are just following Sylvanas. Saurfang is just looking to die in battle. Our side is so stupid.
    The Alliance leaders also look like idiots, stumbling from one trap right into the other, i think being pants-on-head retarded is a requirement for leadership positions in Azeroth, or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The Alliance leaders also look like idiots, stumbling from one trap right into the other, i think being pants-on-head retarded is a requirement for leadership positions in Azeroth, or something...
    I know ... Alleria, Anduin, Genn and Jaina walk in on Sylvanas sitting alone and her bow not in sight. Only Alleria had any idea there was possibly a trap ... and said NOTHING.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I know ... Alleria, Anduin, Genn and Jaina walk in on Sylvanas sitting alone and her bow not in sight. Only Alleria had any idea there was possibly a trap ... and said NOTHING.
    They were too busy trying to come up with self-righteous but snappy comebacks, until Sylvanas shut them up with some blight. It was kinda funny. Maybe next time they'll skip the conversation. But wait. It seems only Sylvanas is capable of learning anything from past experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Name a Horde hero that had a major impact on the world of late. I'll wait.
    Well, Sylvanas Windrunner I guess.

I'll admit horde does get a lot of the spot light but when it comes down to it, it's pretty subjective. I tend to agree the opposite though, from the WoW readings I've done. Azeroth is centered on alliance and when the horde does something the alliance is like big brother coming in to scold them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Well, Sylvanas Windrunner I guess.
    Yes, now. Befor that, in Legion, there were none. I'm not considering Illidan an Alliance character, seeing how we put him down with the Horde, but Velen, definitly, and Malfurion and Tyrande aswell.

In WoD, we followed Khadgar, who's not an Alliance hero, but has stronger personal ties to the Alliance then the Horde. He's human, in the end.

In MoP, Alliance and Horde invade the continent, but it is Anduin Wrynn who allows players of both factions to enter the Vale, whom the player meets time and time again and helps him. Garrosh is made a villain, and I'm not considering him 'Horde' anymore from then on. Unless the Horde wants to be asociated with a genocidal maniac. In that case, Garrosh.

In Cataclysm, Thrall leads the fight against Deathwing, and while he technically left the Horde, I'd consider him the last Horde character to be improtant in any way.