Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

We need to have hope and be patient with blizzard

Have faith in the storytellers that have won your heart over to this franchise. Trust that this is not the end of the state of affairs for night elves or forsaken. Trust that there is more to come than just lows and heartbreak, and that they are good enough writers to know this and have some good surprises to counter all the doom and gloom in emphatic jaw dropping style that has the level of epic blizzard has been well known to be capable of delivering. Now you show some faith in them.

Yes, I feel that blizzard has brought quite a low to most of the players who follow their story with these events, for night elves & soon forsaken, this could well mean a massive high is coming or at least a serious one, lows are only beneffited from if you turn them to highs that really get your community pumped and screaming "yeahhhh" like their favourite team has just scored a goal or won a match at a football game.

This is exactly what a skillful storyteller would have coming up. Night elves and forsaken would both get some incredible highs as these two groups have had some of the greatest tragedies in wow's history. Night elves had 2 extinction level events (WotA & BFA), and huge losses in 3 war events (WC3, Cata and Legion), that's a lot of lows that have seen them thoroughly stripped of much power and majesty compared to the height of their empire before arcane addiction.

The forsaken have undergone also a very cruel and heart wrenching sequence of events, not only murdered , but brought back to life as undead, they however unlike the night elves have committed atrocities though since, so it is understandable people are more sympathetic towards the night elves, but that doesn't diminish the Forsaken's level of suffering either. First losing Lordaeron in life, now in death, and we know they feel something.

The only way this works out as a great story is if the tragedies lead to an incredible change in fortune or empowerment/salvation for both groups. Forsaken need a semblance of their humanity restored, to feel again, if not necessarily live - some sort of vampire like state or just after undeath or needing blood to restore some feeling could be one avenue open up to some of them possibly generating a sub-group. Also getting a new place to live and some sort of future that is not so hopeless is what they need.

For night elves, it is certainly a place of their own to call home also, but for them it's more restoration of their dignity and power is what most players desire. Night elves look so weak and incompetent mostly, and having this fixed about them, being dangerous, badass, and serious levels of powerful again will definitely please their fans again.

Blizzard just have to find an awesome way of delivering this to both groups that have them as elated, excited/happy and hopeful with a bright future as they were low, angry/furious and depressed with their current turn of fortune.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re pissing into the wind, mate.

Don’t think I’ve seen a positive post about storytelling here on MMOC in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worgen haven't even been given focus on reclaiming land since their inception. What makes you think blizzard cares about restoring stuff, what they actually love doing is breaking foundation for the hell of it and then leaving things to fester.

When the Vale of eternal blossom of destroyed, that would have also destroyed the pandarens farming lands and crops. Blizzard never went back and addressed that, they just left it in ruin.

Gnomeregan remains a no go zone, the darkspear still only have a tiny island as base, and don't even have a new leader established.

The point is, blizzard isn't in the habit of fixing things once they break them.
    #boycottchina

I had hope when Garrosh was in charge and it was shoved back down my throat when Vol’jin died to a random mob in a sickingly Alliance centered cinematic, but not before appointing yet another asshole to be the Horde’s Warchief.
    After this sequence of events, I don’t wanna hope that Blizzard would do something good, I’m gonna expect the worst and maybe sometimes be pleasantly surprised.

7+ Year Old Account
    well hope was lost long time ago, BfA is just killing every time they add new lore

Be patient is one thing, but future events will not erase bad things who already happened

Get that hope out of my sight.

Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I had hope when Garrosh was in charge and it was shoved back down my throat when Vol’jin died to a random mob in a sickingly Alliance centered cinematic, but not before appointing yet another asshole to be the Horde’s Warchief.
    After this sequence of events, I don’t wanna hope that Blizzard would do something good, I’m gonna expect the worst and maybe sometimes be pleasantly surprised.
    Exactly my thoughts, always expect the worse, cause the worse is coming anyway

im already expecting some shit plottwist and Kerrian 2.0 together with 'azeroth is freeeeeeeeee!" in the end

Deleted
    Faith? How can I possible have faith in them?

Yrel, my favourite character, deprived of 90% of the character development that she was supposed to have in Warlords of Draenor. Forgotten during Legion, despite her promise that she would not let down the heroes of Azeroth in their darkest hour. And brought back in Battle for Azeroth, only to be turned into Scarlet Crusade 2.0. A villain, an extremist, which goes COMPLETELY AGAINST HER CHARACTER, and this happened for a garbage reason.

Turalyon, my second favourite character, one of the most hyped and anticipated heroes in Warcraft's history (to the point that the loading screen tips were changed thrice), plays a secondary role in Legion, is humiliated and overshadowed by Illidan (an exhausted Illidan being able to parry Turalyon's mighty attack with a single arm, what a joke), and then forgotten for Battle for Azeroth. All he does is play a small role as a potential boss in Warfront: Stromgarde. Stupid, this man invaded a different planet to defend his home, Lordaeron, and he doesn't even participate in its reclamation, instead preferring to take part in the defense of a keep that holds no value to him.

I have no faith in the writers' skill. And if they dare to turn Yrel into a raid boss and kill her, when Grommash Hellscream, the bastard who killed Velen and butchered thousands of innocent Orcs and Draenei, was white-washed, I will quit the game immediately.
    Last edited by mmoc724fed31b9; 2018-08-05 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Faith? How can I possible have faith in them?

Yrel, my favourite character, deprived of 90% of the character development that she was supposed to have in Warlords of Draenor. Forgotten during Legion, despite her promise that she would not let down the heroes of Azeroth in their darkest hour. And brought back in Battle for Azeroth, only to be turned into Scarlet Crusade 2.0. A villain, an extremist, which goes COMPLETELY AGAINST HER CHARACTER, and this happened for a garbage reason.

Turalyon, my second favourite character, one of the most hyped and anticipated heroes in Warcraft's history (to the point that the loading screen tips were changed thrice), plays a secondary role in Legion, is humiliated and overshadowed by Illidan (an exhausted Illidan being able to parry Turalyon's mighty attack with a single arm, what a joke), and then forgotten for Battle for Azeroth. All he does is play a small role as a potential boss in Warfront: Stromgarde. Stupid, this man invaded a different planet to defend his home, Lordaeron, and he doesn't even participate in its reclamation, instead preferring to take part in the defense of a keep that holds no value to him.

I have no faith in the writers' skill. And if they dare to turn Yrel into a raid boss and kill her, when Grommash Hellscream, the bastard who killed Velen and butchered thousands of innocent Draenei, was white-washed, I will quit the game immediately.
    To be fair, Yrel is pretty much right about the orcs and her actions are proportionate, even if the narrative pretends that what she's doing is somehow unforgivable.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Deleted
    To be fair, Yrel is pretty much right about the orcs and her actions are proportionate, even if the narrative pretends that what she's doing is somehow unforgivable.
    I am not doubting that. Grommash had to pay for his actions. As you said, the problem is that the narrative pretends that we view Yrel as a genocidal maniac, and Grommash as a misunderstood victim, when for the entirety of Warlords of Draenor, we witnessed Yrel and her people suffer and die because of Grommash's foolish war of conquest. I just cannot accept that.

Part of me wants Yrel to survive, but deep down I know that they will turn her into a boss and Horde players will kill her. Bye bye to the only interesting and original Alliance character introduced in AU Draenor, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't. You can quit playing, life will be just fine. Blizzard doesn't deserve your loyalty for anything. If you don't enjoy the game or story anymore just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You’re pissing into the wind, mate.

Don’t think I’ve seen a positive post about storytelling here on MMOC in a while.
    And for a good reason, I might add.

To be quite honest I'm rather pissed off with Blizzard's writing because I personal believe they're failing HARD at doing this whole 'multi media' story telling thing. They are failing to put crucial lore/details IN GAME and that's not something I can excuse. In fact, the Novellas that were released with collectors editions have a lot of important story detail/character development that aren't represented in game. They can have their different versions of media (All of which I enjoy) but they should make sure the most important source is the game itself. Their failure to put crucial details in game is what makes everyone freak out and call them crap writers.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, i think that after 3 (4) expansions of "meh" and "garbage" my supply of both hope and patience ran out.

Deleted
    You really should stop throwing the word "genocide" around like candy.
    There were some mass murdering events, but genocide is something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    You really should stop throwing the word "genocide" around like candy.
    There were some mass murdering events, but genocide is something different.
    In this context, it fits perfectly

"The definition of the word genocide is "the deliberate killing of a  large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic  group or nation.". Genocide is the killing of an entire specific group of people."
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Get that hope out of my sight.
    Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, i think that after 3 (4) expansions of "meh" and "garbage" my supply of both hope and patience ran out.
    you have supply of hope and patience ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

No, we don't.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Part of me wants Yrel to survive, but deep down I know that they will turn her into a boss and Horde players will kill her. Bye bye to the only interesting and original Alliance character introduced in AU Draenor, I guess.
    Oh wow, one Alliance character could get turned into a raid boss and you're talking about quitting over it. I would almost have sympathy if it didn't happen to my faction multiple times literally every expansion.

OT: Lol, no. The story has been getting progressively worse for years. They're not going to salvage it at this point. In a certain sense it's too far gone. Ignoring the quality of the lore as a whole and focusing specifically on addressing the concerns of Night Elf players: Won't happen. Night Elves were defanged in WoW and have been punching bags since. You really think you guys are going to get anything worthwhile? Silvermoon and Exodar have been languishing for years. Gilneas is.. well, we've seen how that's worked out. If they revamp the world, they might throw you a bone or two in the way of an actual Night Elf pumpkin patch, but that's about the best you can hope for and it's a stretch.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2018-08-05 at 11:13 AM.