Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    He boosted others to glad,good riddance and deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You still are permabanned for boosting other players accounts even today.
    I can tell you from PERSONAL experience that this is categorically incorrect. I can't talk about it on MMO-Champion because it's against the rules, however I play with numerous people who have, and continue to boost other players to Gladiator, and the only bans that have happened occur for 1-3 months and a disqualification from the PvP season.

I wouldn't be able to speculate as to why Blizzard are so lax when it comes to these types of suspensions for boosting, but there hasn't been a permanent ban / account closure in the circle of 50-60 players I interact with in the high rated PvP scene for a very long time, even in the most egregious of circumstances (players boosting 7-8 accounts to Gladiator in a season), the bans have only been for a few months.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I didnt know he played wow, i only knew him from hearthstone lol

@Glyphtics

Some EU servers got hit hard with perma banns for PvP account sharing in the past. You see the known players nearly every season with a fresh account, it seems to pay of for them but blizzard seems to watch EU at least carefull.
    -

He didn't just let a friend play his account, he took control of several accounts of his viewers, played, and gained them rewards in the process.

And he admitted to doing it. He wasn't made an example, he literally did do what they banned him for.
    That being said, they should unban his account. He's been without it for 8 years, I'd say that's punishment enough.

Deleted
    look at all the nerds in this thread caping for Blizzard, I bet you love to call the cops on kids playing in the street

I can't stand Reckful, I find him unbearably smug and won't even click on that video to enjoy watching him cry, but Blizzard's permaban policy is an absolute authoritarian joke. I'm pretty sure the idea is to milk the addicts for another game license by denying them access to their account after 6 months, one year, five years etc, but they should know when to give up. as much as I hate Reckful he'll make them a ton of money.

besides, what's the ban for account sharing now, one month? six months on second offense?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "other people haven't gotten caught yet, that means we should not try to catch anyone for breaking the rules"

Seriously?
    I was talking about people that have been caught doing those things and not getting Lifetime Bans. Why couldnt you figure that out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    he boosted other players to gladiator. This is no casual ye i played the account of a friend thing.
    He wasn't banned for the gladiator boosts he did back in the day (BC/Wrath/Cata). He was banned in MoP for playing someones paladin to relatively high rating. May have gotten glad, but I don't remember. Did it on stream though and didn't have the intention to "push glad FOR that person"...they just happened to do really well and push the rating. Still completely unreasonable for a permanent ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    I love the sentiment in here.

He clearly knew what he was doing was against the ToS, he had been warned several times about doing it. He thought he was untouchable because of his profile, that Blizzard would turn a blind eye to it because of who he was.

He then actively, and publicly flaunted the ToS by going on his Stream and accessing accounts that were not his. Essentially telling Blizzard to come at him.

Blizzard got sick of his shit and banned him.

4 years later, he crys about it, once again trying to use his profile to avoid the consequences.

And you people fall for it. Every, single, time. Because Blizzard are the "Bad guys", and the person who did something wrong, repeatedly, never deserved to get punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, alright Fanboy, nice of you to make an account just to defend someone elses poor decisions.
    Your view of what happened to him is so one-sided it's hilarious. He didn't flaunt anything. Never turned on stream to tell Blizzard to "come at him". He hates leveling so much that he'd rather just ask to play the characters of others so he didn't have to level that class himself (Yes, extremely stupid). He was banned in MoP, where account sharing was rampant, and botting even worse. I don't think anyone would ever think they would get PERMA banned for account sharing. Everyone has account shared at some point practically. Ever go over a friends house and sit on their p.c. and run around on their character? That's account sharing, even if it's at a basic level.

I botted 24 hours a day, weeks at a time to make gold and got a 3 day suspension. The person that banned Reckful was completely unjustified with the rules Reckful broke. Doesn't even come close to what some people did/still do.

Such bad player should never return. If he got permanent ban by just logging into some one else account for first time , then i can understand ,such harsh punishment in not suitable. But as stated by blizzard he was doing account sharing in past and was warned by blizzard not to do so (https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...52755783016449)
    If some one wants to call blizzard lier......
    Has blizzard never lied before ? False . But neither has reckful given any proof that blizzard has not warned him.

If Tyler1 was able to get unbanned from LoL. I believe Reckful has a chance.

I fear for our future, when there are people in this world who put other people, like this guy, on pedestals because...they’re good at playing video games.

Video games!!

I sound like my parents now.

Deleted
    Well he had a big crowd and thus a big responsibility to playing by Blizzard's rules, they were right to feel annoyed by his behaviour of promoting illegal practices to such a big crowd so they decided that he was the perfect scapegoat of the "account sharing is bad mkaaay" rule and their quest for max profits.

This is a fair game in my opinion, Reckful can keep crying and Blizz can keep being annoyed, now fight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems very entitled and narcissistic - just from that video I'm pretty sure deserves what he got.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Wow, that's so weird to see. Makes me wonder what kind of headspace he's in. It looks as if he was revisiting some harsh personal tragedy that he never really talked to anyone about. It's so crazy. That was 2010. I divorced in 2010 and don't start crying when I talk about it.

Also the way he talks about that time. Narcissistic, and almost childlike in his frustration and disappointment.

The whole thing kinda saddens me - he's sitting there, looking up stuff from himself 8 years ago, getting all emotional. What else happened in his life since then?

Or maybe it's just what people nowadays do - sharing "emotions" and "intimacies" on the internet for everyone to see, because apparently this makes you a more interesting person.

He was warned multiple times by Blizzard and continued to flaunt it in their face by streaming continuous violations of the TOS. I can't feel sorry for him. He should just move on and make a new account if he wants to play that bad.

I hope he gets unbanned eventually, it's been 4+ years what's the big deal at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Lifetime ban sounds a bit extreme. I know that he already been banned for it once but the last time, from what I remember a person was helping him level while he was sleeping. Still, lifetime. Damn, I think that is too long, Blizz chose to make an example out of him though. Still lots of people have used exploits and account shared since and have not received Lifetime bans. Think Blizz should let him play, tbh.
    My entire guild in Vanilla would have been banned as we knew almost everyone's info lol. Account sharing is a dumb reason to ban.

Holy crap, what a crybaby. Now he can just buy an account, boost a toon to maxlevel and basta. What the actual fuck. Grow up!