Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Destro X Affliction Lock for raids

Hello guys,

I`m wondering who will be the best option for high end content in BfA, Affliction or Destro locks, since the Single target damage from Destro ramped up a bit and Aoe from Aff is a monster haha

What do you expect from our class perform on Uldir?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockxanthus View Post
    I expect more tuning, and there are no restrictions between swapping specs this go around.

If all goes well we'll be playing all of our specs just depending on which fight.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    and there are no restrictions between swapping specs this go around.
    Except having to get and carry 3 sets of azerite armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If all goes well...
    So you are saying we are never going to play all 3 specs in a raid tier?

Don't really remember the last time were we had to play all 3 specs because there was one encounter who catered specifically to one spec and all specs were tuned in a way that you couldnt play 2 specs to cover all niches.

Which were Destro for burst, (st), cleave and Aff for (st), spread sustain, 3+ targets.
    Demo had his op phase during MoP and WoD but thats about it.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2018-08-04 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So you are saying we are never going to play all 3 specs in a raid tier?

Don't really remember the last time were we had to play all 3 specs because there was one encounter who catered specifically to one spec and all specs were tuned in a way that you couldnt play 2 specs to cover all niches
    I mean, all 3 specs saw play in legion until they overbuffed aff. You just couldn't swap between them unless you put in the ludicrous amount of time.

HFC was the last raid pre-legion and again, all 3 specs saw play. Granted demo only saw 1 fight because of how gutted it was.. well 2 if you include kormrok for the cheese but it wasn't really necessary.

All 3 specs were being used and actually really well balanced in highmaul until they messed with the tuning and demo took over.

I mean, it was always the same in the past. You needed sustained ST or multi-dot? Aff. You needed burst aoe and or mobility? Demo. You needed burst ST / Cleave or sustained aoe? Destro.

Maybe you haven't been playing all 3 specs in raid tiers, but I absolutely have in more than I haven't.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Hello guys,

I`m wondering who will be the best option for high end content in BfA, Affliction or Destro locks, since the Single target damage from Destro ramped up a bit and Aoe from Aff is a monster haha

Have you even played prepatch Affy? We are the new sub rogue, forget AoE ever existed.

There's still tuning to come but at the end of the day we are a pure spec so we have lots of options and have a decent chance that one spec at least will be good.

Like Bacon I also hope that all 3 specs have their place. Each spec definitely has its strengths and weaknesses.

If you're comfortable carrying a LOT of gear in your bags then you should be playing all three of them.

The Azeroth traits I don’t think even make a huge impact to dmg unless they get some major buffs anyway. But as has been said you can always carry around a bit of extra gear for the other one or two of our specs that are usable in a raid.

Hello guys,

i dont care about affliction or demo. i have been destro since june 2007 and it will never change. no matter what happends until i retire from wow.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dendaros View Post
    i dont care about affliction or demo. i have been destro since june 2007 and it will never change. no matter what happends until i retire from wow.
    Have no fear. Destro's in a good spot being less balanced around 2-target fights and the bonuses for both tailoring and engineering making it great for single target as well as casual and world pvp. The changes to AoE make it pretty solid too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoe View Post
    Have no fear. Destro's in a good spot being less balanced around 2-target fights and the bonuses for both tailoring and engineering making it great for single target as well as casual and world pvp. The changes to AoE make it pretty solid too.
    What are these tailoring and engineering bonuses you mentioned?

Method says Destro is best in Mythic Plus. So bet on Destro for fights with similar challenges, like cleaving.

Aff seems to be getting re-pigeonholed into a single target tunneling spec like it was in Hellfire Citadel. I am singling out HFC since I think that will best describe the niches Aff and Destro will have in this expansion. Adds a big deal? Destro. Boss/ST Damage a big deal? Aff. This will likely be better for a Destro Lock in the long run since handling adds usually matters more than high ST damage in the typical encounter

I think Aff will be pigeonholed largely due to additions like Deathbolt (too long a CD to use too freely, so sometimes it will be useful to cleave onto adds but not reliably so), Haunt (the CD refresh on death is a nice addition but I suspect it will stay a main target debuff), and even a spell I love like Darkglare fits that to some extent (though it still remains great design to be empowered by any dots we have out).

Legion Aff got the playstyle mostly right imo, but had too many modifiers which would scale out of control and was pretty easy as well. So some scaling back was to be expected.

Demo I cant say

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Have you even played prepatch Affy? We are the new sub rogue, forget AoE ever existed.

There's still tuning to come but at the end of the day we are a pure spec so we have lots of options and have a decent chance that one spec at least will be good.

Like Bacon I also hope that all 3 specs have their place. Each spec definitely has its strengths and weaknesses.
    they could have made seed a shorter cast time imo. Aff has never had a damage issue, but it's often more useful to play a spec with similar sustained damage but easier to get going. Huge disadvantage for Aff, one Blizzard has deftly compensated us for before but this time it looks to not be so. Hope I am wrong! I ended up being corrected after the start of Legion.
    Last edited by CuchuCachu; 2018-08-07 at 04:10 AM.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meso7 View Post
    What are these tailoring and engineering bonuses you mentioned?
    Tailoring can make nets and Engineering makes bombs which is great for spacing mele and getting your casts off in pvp.
    You can also make battle standards to increase your damage

so after all if someone is looking to be cool in M+ & almost half of the raid bosses he gotta play Affli or Destro ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSustain View Post
    so after all if someone is looking to be cool in M+ & almost half of the raid bosses he gotta play Affli or Destro ?
    For cool you can play anything you want.

Specs play differently, they are (nearly) always going to have strengths and weaknesses and not balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think safe bet would be to prep Affliction and Destruction for Uldir. Both of these have a lot of cheese one way or another that will surely manifest here and there. Whether it's burst AoE/Havoc/3 min wonder for specific DPS phases OR multidotting and ridiculous mobility.

Demo, on the other hand, I just don't see anything uniquely strong about it which gives it edge in specific cases, so it's all up to tuning for that one.

I seriously hope they buff the fuck out of Demo. It’s such a fun spec but Jesus those numbers are horrible. Why did they nerf it so much when it was almost always behind Destro during the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Except having to get and carry 3 sets of azerite armour.
    Yeah what is up with this, I thought the Azerite Armor changed upon changing specs. Now I have to collect 6 additional pieces of gear for the other specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    I seriously hope they buff the fuck out of Demo. It’s such a fun spec but Jesus those numbers are horrible. Why did they nerf it so much when it was almost always behind Destro during the beta?
    Short answer: It's BFA's designated meme spec.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Yeah what is up with this, I thought the Azerite Armor changed upon changing specs. Now I have to collect 6 additional pieces of gear for the other specs.
    haha weren't they all over the simplifying gearing so you dont need 2 diffrent sets in your bags? yet we still farm multiple pieces. backpedalling at its finest <3