Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any game that allows you to play in a private group with friends. Much like in real life, that's a private venue in which you can say whatever you want to a social group that are on your same wavelength. If you're asking for games that allow you to do the equivalent of yelling whatever you want in the middle of a busy restaurant, then for obvious reasons there are increasingly few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Monky View Post
    Thanks, Not qutie what I am looking for. I should have specified that I was looking for more of an mmo type of a game.
    And what you want does not exist in IRL or in a Video Game.

You wish to be a ass without consequences, You can't its that simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This thread is literally someone complaining that they can't be a racist. Come on now.

I don't really want to get into semantics here what freedom of speech means in a legal context, in a linguistic context etc. What I wrote clarified that I did not mean freedom of speech in the US legal context:

Allow means no negative repercussions for saying stuff.
    weliveinasociety.png

What you're looking for is a fantasy. It does not exist, not even in fantasy because it's a ridiculous notion for a society. It's not even anarchy. Because under anarchy, everyone is free to shun you for saying stupid bullshit, and ostracization is certainly a negative repercussion. You want the freedom to say whatever you want without giving other people the freedom to react according to their own free will.

Maybe yo should review your perspective of free speech and what you really want out of it. Maybe you just want to be fine with saying racist shit? Then look for racist people and join a community of theirs, they don't mind. Whatever it is you want to say but feel repercussed for, look for like-minded people, they love hearing their own ideas repeated. But don't be surprised if you get "punished" for saying anything they don't like. Because "free speech" as you define is, is not a thing that does or can exist - unless in your world view you're the only actor with any agency and everyone else is just extras.
    Last edited by Samin; 2018-08-08 at 02:13 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Samin you seem to not understand what I said.

It is fine that players choose not to play with people that say racist things, it is fine that people put racist people on ignore.
    What I have an issue with is stuff like the game company handing out mutes and bans for people saying stuff.

Any MMO worth its salt isn't going to allow you to be as toxic as you want. You may as well go look for private servers if that's what you want to do.

It is fine that players choose not to play with people that say racist things, it is fine that people put racist people on ignore.
    What I have an issue with is stuff like the game company handing out mutes and bans for people saying stuff.
    The answer is still no, it does not exist. Go look for racist communities if you want to say racist shit, go look for sexist communities if you want to say sexist shit (pro-tip: there are overlapping communities for those two at least)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Why would you even think they shouldn't? If you have 100 people who are not not racist or anti-semites or whatever and then 1 bigot comes along trying to throw his bile at them, why should they be forced to deal with it when the more pertinent option is to remove the one causing the problem.

It's like saying that the mouthy drunk guy in the pub who heckles everyone should be allowed to stay because everyone else can just go into the pool room...

It's not how the world works. If you want to be a bigot the only place you can do that is in private surrounded by other bigots, as soon as you take your "I want to say whatever I want" attitude and try to push it on other people you're going to get asked to leave or you're going to get a smack around the head. It really is as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How absolutely sad must ones life be to use a barely posted on account of 10 years to just start shit posting out of the blue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    How absolutely sad must ones life be to use a barely posted on account of 10 years to just start shit posting out of the blue?
    He was hacked by baba black magic! We told him to not click the links.

*can't spell "censorship"
    *doesn't understand free speech
    *relies on edgy statements to get attention

Yep, move on.

When you are a dick you deserve a punishment its that simple. Its kinda hard to smack some respect into people behaving like dicks on the internet. So bans and stuf like that has to try and do that instead. It would be weird to have 1 spot that would have no negative repercussions when you act like a dick. As every part of the society will punish you if you behave toxic so why should the internet be different?

remember when being pro genocide wasnt part of the mainstream republican platform

What kind of douchebag chooses what game they play by how much of a dick you can be to others or how much you're allowed to insult others over actual gameplay?

thats one of the most pathetic questions i've ever seen. Imagine the rating system.

Gameplay 2/10
    Graphics 3/10
    Music/sound 1/10
    Story 0/10
    Being a cunt freely to others 10/10

THATS THE GAME FOR ME!
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2018-08-08 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    He was hacked by baba black magic! We told him to not click the links.
    Really could be the case... last post was about shamans in 2012

Every game allows free speech. None allow hate speech. You should probably learn the difference.

What game company would like to be associated with such comments?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Really could be the case... last post was about shamans in 2012
    I know all that there is to know.

The simplest of answers is learn not to be a cunt and you won't have any trouble with "censorship" in videogames. Practically all "censorship" in videogames is precluded by cuntship.

Try Skyrim, you can scream whatever expletives you want whilst playing and Bethesda won't do anything. In fact you should be okay with most offline games and single-player titles, or multiplayer games if you keep your headset disconnected.