Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think that if there is a Diablo 4 or something like that in the works, it's going to take 5+ years until there is something more concrete. In the meantime, expect just a couple of DLCs for D3, or a D2 remastered if you're lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panel at Blizzcon...

Diablo: World and Q&A. What do they mean by "world"?

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Panel at Blizzcon...

The Diablo: What's Next panel on Saturday is probably far more useful information.

The World and Q&A panel is probably about the World of Sanctuary; ie. the setting of Diablo, and then some Q&A about whatever they announced Saturday, which based on the whole panel being 45 minutes probably isn't going to be much.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The Diablo: What's Next panel on Saturday is probably far more useful information.

The World and Q&A panel is probably about the World of Sanctuary; ie. the setting of Diablo, and then some Q&A about whatever they announced Saturday, which based on the whole panel being 45 minutes probably isn't going to be much.
    I guess I just hoped that it was a slip-up and was for "Diablo World" haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I am hoping for a Diablo MMO announcement but it is unlikely. They will probably announce Diablo 4 and something mobile related.
    I never understand why people want this, WoW with a Diablo costume. If they announced a Diablo MMO I wouldn't play it out of principle, but they will never do a Diablo MMO thankfully.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Panel at Blizzcon...

No I'm with you... I think there's something to it.

Diablo: the card game.

"Stay a while and-" SHUT THE FUCK UP OLD MAN THE RUNNING JOKE'S RAN ITS COURSE, COME UP WITH NEW MATERIAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I never understand why people want this, WoW with a Diablo costume. If they announced a Diablo MMO I wouldn't play it out of principle, but they will never do a Diablo MMO thankfully.
    Because it won't be WoW with a Diablo costume. The fact that this needs to be explained to you is almost sad.

WoW has a lot of archaic technology behind it (even if they still do impressive performance updates every so often).
    Besides that, alot of the content has gone stale, and would require a Cataclysm level overhaul to stay relevant. There is a reason people are asking for a WoW2, because the graphics could be so much better at the same level of performance, and a lot of gameplay elements from D3 could be implemented into an MMO with some success. World Quests are literally a concept copy-paste from the bounties in Diablo3, and they even wanted to implement loot goblins.

Some issues however are that Diablo 3 has a very limited amount of classes.
    It has the Barbarian (Warrior), Wizard (Mage), Witch Doctor (Shadow Priest/Warlock), Crusader (Paladin), Monk (Monk/Priest), Demon Hunter (Hunter) and Necromancer (Death Knight/Warlock).
    People who are playing shamans, druids, rogues and demon hunters are going to miss their favourite playstyles if they only use D3.
    Besides that, there isn't a lot of lore left in the Diablo world. Most evils have been contained or destroyed.

It seems more likely that they would announce a new expansion, Diablo 4 or a non-MMO spinoff before they would announce an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I'd be interested to see what Blizzard can do with an entirely new engine and setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I think that if there is a Diablo 4 or something like that in the works, it's going to take 5+ years until there is something more concrete. In the meantime, expect just a couple of DLCs for D3, or a D2 remastered if you're lucky.
    They should just remake D2 in the Diablo 3 engine/skin.
    It wouldn't exactly be free money since it would still require a lot of work, but they would save massive amounts on the design phase for both art, gameplay and mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

its more about a new kind of lore, diablo is a world full of angels, demons, the sanctuary between them in a gore world

if they do this one day and do it well, that will be a dark and bloody mmo in a angel&demons world

my body is not ready to this

but but... blizzard have change, all they care is money and not making epik games anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Because it won't be WoW with a Diablo costume. The fact that this needs to be explained to you is almost sad.

WoW has a lot of archaic technology behind it (even if they still do impressive performance updates every so often).
    Besides that, alot of the content has gone stale, and would require a Cataclysm level overhaul to stay relevant. There is a reason people are asking for a WoW2, because the graphics could be so much better at the same level of performance, and a lot of gameplay elements from D3 could be implemented into an MMO with some success. World Quests are literally a concept copy-paste from the bounties in Diablo3, and they even wanted to implement loot goblins.

Some issues however are that Diablo 3 has a very limited amount of classes.
    It has the Barbarian (Warrior), Wizard (Mage), Witch Doctor (Shadow Priest/Warlock), Crusader (Paladin), Monk (Monk/Priest), Demon Hunter (Hunter) and Necromancer (Death Knight/Warlock).
    People who are playing shamans, druids, rogues and demon hunters are going to miss their favourite playstyles if they only use D3.
    Besides that, there isn't a lot of lore left in the Diablo world. Most evils have been contained or destroyed.

It seems more likely that they would announce a new expansion, Diablo 4 or a non-MMO spinoff before they would announce an MMO.
    MMO's are all the same at the core with very few exceptions (certainly none in the fantasy setting), the fact you need that explained to you is sad. Your reasoning and logic is based pretty much on naivety and irrelevant points of interest. Graphics has not a damn thing to do with anything and given that seems to be your main point it has already fallen so flat

What's more, pointing out that world quests are like bounties is like saying water is wet, you're not bringing anything to the conversation that everyone isn't already aware of and bounties/world quests are a much complained about disliked pastime for many, hardly exciting stuff. Then you go on to state limited classes as an issue, on the contrary it's one of the things that isn't an issue, Blizzard are not bound to Diablo 3 classes to begin with, even if they were the number of classes in Diablo 3 is fine for an MMO.

You're too busy thinking about whether they can to think about whether they should, and they shouldn't. Diablo is a dungeon crawling hack and slash co-op game, turning it into a WoW (or any other MMO out there) with a Diablo theme and updated graphics would be a nail in the coffin, and it's sad that you can't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    They should just remake D2 in the Diablo 3 engine/skin.
    It wouldn't exactly be free money since it would still require a lot of work, but they would save massive amounts on the design phase for both art, gameplay and mechanics.
    That would be a failure. If D2 gets a remake it should be a HD update like they did with Starcraft, remaking a 1990s era game by lazily dumping it into a 2012 game/engine with reused assets like you're suggesting isn't much more than what they did with the Diablo 1 event, which was hilariously terrible.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-10-03 at 02:23 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

New game based in the Diablo universe.

Bloodborne / Dark Souls esque gameplay.

PVE mission queues like Vermintide 2.

You heard it here first.

Deleted
    I'm all for Diablo 4

Deleted
    diablo is first on line on the panels. Hype is real. This blizzcon is all diablo

I bet its a mobile Diablo.

Deleted
    its d2 remastered, nothing else

Hey guys. I know what it is. You're all going to be extremely disappointed.

But that's exactly what you should be expecting from a company who caters only to the most casual audience.

Honestly I'm looking forward to the rage that this is going to cause.
    Last edited by Jdance; 2018-10-03 at 07:42 AM.

Possibilities below, however, I'm calling it now - Diablo RTS. I'm confident it won't be an expansion, BlizzCon opening ceremony is usually reserved for big announcements, not an expansion for a game that is arguably stuck in graveyard mode.

Why?

*SC2 has concluded (Story wise)

*Warcraft 4 won't happen while WoW is still alive

*Why would they push Diablo 4 so soon after Diablo 3's failure to live up to the Diablo brand - Arguably rules out an ARPG (debatable I guess, they may just want to steamroll over Diablo 3 and make people forget about it with Diablo 4)

*They won't want to pull subscribers away from World of Warcraft, especially with Classic on the horizon - That rules out an MMO

*They won't do a card game due to Hearthstone for much the same reasons as WoW

*Diablo just doesn't sound right as an FPS

That leaves RTS, they have nothing to fill the RTS void.

Other possibilities:

Diablo 2 remake (not remaster - remake)

Diablo 3 being rebuilt from the ground up (Square did it with FFXIV, Blizzard do have the resources to technically do the same with Diablo 3 - the question is, what do they get out of out?)
    Last edited by Turaska; 2018-10-03 at 07:43 AM.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Deleted
    Diablo Battle Royal

Calling it now!!

1. It's the new thing that is succesful and every studio is making one.
    2. It falls within Blizzard's business strategy of being the company that makes casual pvp-centric multiplayer games that they milk for years.
    3. The lore permits it.

Remains to be seen if Blizzard goes with the classic top-down view like Battlerite BR, or goes for a 3rd person over view like Realm Royale.
    Last edited by mmocb32a24d4db; 2018-10-03 at 07:56 AM.