Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It will at some point be pay 2 win because its Perfect World that is running the show.

I don't even need a crystal ball to see that future.
    Eh. Then i'm gonna uninstall and nothing of value is lost. Wasn't gonna spend any dime on it anyway, until they managed to make it like PoE.

Hell. Every single developer has PoE in front of their eyes which has the perfect microtx model and given the game success i think they're raking up quite a bunch of money with it.

Why in the hell they just don't do the same. Probably whales are so much the majority of revenue that they simply don't care, given there's always the people spending thousands of dollars because they can.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh. Then i'm gonna uninstall and nothing of value is lost. Wasn't gonna spend any dime on it anyway, until they managed to make it like PoE.

Hell. Every single developer has PoE in front of their eyes which has the perfect microtx model and given the game success i think they're raking up quite a bunch of money with it.

Why in the hell they just don't do the same. Probably whales are so much the majority of revenue that they simply don't care, given there's always the people spending thousands of dollars because they can.
    I fully agree and I'm actually looking forward to PoE coming to PS4 next month.

You want to see how bad Perfect World can get go look at the p2w shit show NeverWinter became. Torchlight Frontier's mite not be p2w at the start but it will be p2w within its first year.

I wanted to check it out but with Perfect Worlds name on it ill be avoiding it.

Its actually a shame the only successful ARPGMMO on the market is PoE cause I actually love the concept. PoE isn't a bad game but it does some things I don't care for.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its actually a shame the only successful ARPGMMO on the market is PoE cause I actually love the concept. PoE isn't a bad game but it does some things I don't care for.
    I'm waiting for Lost Ark. Watching videos and the more i see the more i'm hoooked. People playing it right now are all agreeing the the game plays really well, classes and combat are interesting, and (for now) the shop is completely devoid of p2w stuff.

Hopefully they keep it like this and then release in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm waiting for Lost Ark. Watching videos and the more i see the more i'm hoooked. People playing it right now are all agreeing the the game plays really well, classes and combat are interesting, and (for now) the shop is completely devoid of p2w stuff.

Hopefully they keep it like this and then release in the west.
    I haven't seen much on lost ark but....

https://mmos.com/news/smilegate-conf...rk-coming-west
    7 years and 100 billion Won (~$88 million USD) later, Lost Ark finally entered Open Beta Testing in South Korea on November 7, 2018. Smilegate, the company behind Lost Ark, has announced that they are targeting 'more developed countries' such as North America and Europe for their next launch phase.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Looking forward to this but its gonna be dead on arrival if they keep pay to craft faster and systems like that, PoE got it right, mtx, pets and stash for sale only, works amazing.

I haven't seen much on lost ark but....

https://mmos.com/news/smilegate-conf...rk-coming-west
    Good news then

i've been playing TL2 since 2016 and aside from its cartoony animation style, it is a solid ARPG... and the mods make it 100% better.

Any hopes that D3 will eventually be allowed to be modded? could you imagine???

It will at some point be pay 2 win because its Perfect World that is running the show.

I don't even need a crystal ball to see that future.
    In the past I'd totally agree, but PWE seems to be getting better over time. Remember, they owned Runic and were responsible for publishing Torchlight 2, Hobb, and Livelock - 3 B2P only games. And while there are always gripes back and forth, Cryptics F2P MMO's aren't really P2W from what I've seen (I say this as someone not actively playing NW/STO/CO but who has played them all on and off over the years).

They seem to be giving their western studios a bit more leeway and are pushing less aggressive monetization on them. Their reputation has been well deserved with their import titles, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they're improving their western efforts.

If TL:F ends up turning out to be P2W nonsense folks will lose their shit and the game will tank, and it will be deserved. But I'm hopeful that they'll take the PoE approach when it comes to monetization, especially since they have successful examples to look to that they can be building towards already.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In the past I'd totally agree, but PWE seems to be getting better over time. Remember, they owned Runic and were responsible for publishing Torchlight 2, Hobb, and Livelock - 3 B2P only games..
    Runic itself is a dead company it died after Hobb came out, This game is fully PWE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_Games
    On November 3, 2017, Perfect World announced the closure of Runic Games, along with large layoffs at Motiga. Perfect World said the closure was to reflect their company's focus on games as a service.[18] One set of developers from Runic, including Marsh Lefler, Patrick Blank, Allen Fong, and John Dunbar, along with former Gearbox Software members, established Monster Squad Games and are currently developing a player-versus-environment cooperative game.[19]
    I have zero hope for this game. The three games Runic released didn't really do much and it was right after Hobb's release that Runic was shutdown.

Runic itself is a dead company it died after Hobb came out, This game is fully PWE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_Games

I have zero hope for this game. The three games Runic released didn't really do much and it was right after Hobb's release that Runic was shutdown.
    If you play it alone or with your spouse, and choose not to purchase anything you can still enjoy it. We will definitely check it out. Have no plans to but MTXs. If it's fun we will play, if not we will stop.