Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

(R.I.P.)World pvp is Dead

Truth be told, BFA prepatch killed all world pvp. The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels, most people will now just turn off pvp completely. It was fun to encouter people who didn't enjoy pvp, it was fun to pvp to fight for mobs. Now it's all gone. The most fun fact in BFA you even level in different areas than opposite faction lowering chances to meet them even more...

I hate to whine, but it's just when Blizzard is removing such major fun from the game it's hard to be silent.

UPDATE: Before replying to topic please read my replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Because you guys are so stubborn, I will provider 8!!! facts, which explains why World pvp Is dead and you won't be able to fight that back.
    1) Warmode itself, why the hell you would wanna turn it on for world quests which provide gear? Darkshore for example. Majority of people just play without it and do their quests and leave the zone. Because most people care about efficiently. They do not wanna waste an extra second being ganked by some rogue. Less people = Less fun.
    2) Death of Quick Joining in World quests, the addon helped a lot finding parties and I had tons of fun pvp, because switching servers was never easier!
    3) Right now, with warmode, you are always prepared, you are basically asking people to kill you. Fighting people who are prepared is same experience you have in BGs or Arenas, which is wrong for the game and fun. Bgs and arenas are fun and games, but world pvp was always unique fun, now it's all gone.
    4) Imagine situation, you are getting ganked by high level and you log your main but he is gone. You check him and alts, finally you find him on his alt and... Tada.. his character is not in warmode!
    5) You can't force PVE players actually get better now, all PvE only scrubs will now stay scrubs.
    6) Now you can't oneshot low levels, as many people flamed me a lot for this, this was a part of game from the very beginning, I was personally ganked by ?? many times.
    7) Problems with parting for pvp. I personally have no experience of this but from what I read on forums. For example I wanna do some pvp, but my friend prefers to go and do just PvE. What do we do? Play in different worlds? ofc, I'll be forced to go and turn warmode off and have no fun in doing any sort of pvp.
    8) Large epic battles. While it's still sometimes possible with group finder - most fun battles just happened and they involved ganking lowbie and completely taking out zone. Now with most lowbies taking warmode off, it's not possible, maximum what I see is 2v2 battles rarely around the world.
    Last edited by Malderon; 2018-07-26 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    good story I feel for you.

PvP is about challenge

The weapon of my choice are great balls of fire!

Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Truth be told, BFA prepatch killed all world pvp. The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels, most people will now just turn off pvp completely. It was fun to encouter people who didn't enjoy pvp, it was fun to pvp to fight for mobs. Now it's all gone. The most fun fact in BFA you even level in different areas than opposite faction lowering chances to meet them even more...

I hate to whine, but it's just when Blizzard is removing such major fun from the game it's hard to be silent.

The same thing happened as with the removal of twinks. It wasn't fun for 95% of people. It was only fun for the players being crappy to other people.

PvP has been dead for several expansions so far. And to the people who camp and gank and attack players who are in the middle of things and are struggling. Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it. Not only now you can't oneshot low levels
    You found that fun? I say good riddance to you then, go get your power trip somewhere else, the rest of us who care about actually having a real fight will get back to our PvP just fine in your absence.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Haha, good. Real world PvP has been dead for ages. Hope the lot of these nobodies who one-shot people dozens of levels or ilvl under them unsub in a flood of tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you ever consider a career as professional candy-thief of 3year olds?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

literally unplayable
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account

No, World PvP isn't dead. It is just more equal, you know, thinning out the weaker gankers and giving all a fighting chance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hate to break it to you, but it's been dead for over 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    98 Mage, got a few kills on a 107 DH while trying to level her.

WPVP isnt dead. if anything its seeing a resurgence since Pre-Patch yesterday
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is a good thing then :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    There's no incentive for me to turn on PvP.

The PvP talents of WW suck(I wish I could control my FSK, but they removed that one).
    The rewards are useless atm.
    And every Horde that has PvP turned on is a Mythic geared super try hard that'd just kill me in one swoop.

I am honestly waiting until BfA provides something REALLY valuable for me switching on PvP, or they atleast rework the talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    There's no incentive for me to turn on PvP.

The PvP talents of WW suck(I wish I could control my FSK, but they removed that one).
    The rewards are useless atm.
    And every Horde that has PvP turned on is a Mythic geared super try hard that'd just kill me in one swoop.

I am honestly waiting until BfA provides something REALLY valuable for me switching on PvP, or they atleast rework the talents.
    It is indeed, one of core reasons why it died. When you farm things, why the hell do you wanna turn it on? It just makes no sence!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    World PVP is more alive than ever. It's just not the way you like it.
    No it's not. Places where a lot of pvp went on before patch are now DEAD. Because people simply not turning on PVP. There maybe some pvp now and then but not nearly as great as before.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    good story I feel for you.

PvP is about challenge
    Who said I didn't enjoy challenge? It was fun to be low level and fear high level, avoiding them at all cost. It was fun to relog high lvl after you were oneshoted by high lvl character and defeat them in FAIR combat. You sound like all I was doing whole days is killing 20lvls being 110 lvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?
    Maybe you could get a bucket of shit and put it on your head instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You found that fun? I say good riddance to you then, go get your power trip somewhere else, the rest of us who care about actually having a real fight will get back to our PvP just fine in your absence.
    Yes, I found it's fun both way, being in favour and being not. I loved when I killed 3v1, I found it fun to COMPLETELY force people to stop questing or do any kind of activity in my area. For example during WoD in Tanaan Jungle I killed tons of alliance invading alliance server, all fights obv were with same lvl as me. I know that maybe 99percent of them just wanted to do quests fast, but that was the fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by tryharder View Post
    Haha, good. Real world PvP has been dead for ages. Hope the lot of these nobodies who one-shot people dozens of levels or ilvl under them unsub in a flood of tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but it's been dead for over 10 years.
    It was not dead, there were some good times, for example Hellfire world pvp was insane good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    did you ever consider a career as professional candy-thief of 3year olds?
    Did you ever Consider a career as professional trash talker? Some yellow journalism could really use some of you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it fun to COMPLETELY force people to stop questing or do any kind of activity in my area.
    Yeah, so you're a greifer, good for you, good riddance, and goodbye, the game is better off without you.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, dramatic individuals are on the rise.

Dude, if no one plays World PvP, it means that it sucks, and it must die. Alas, you are exagerating, and World PvP still exists, you just need to stop ganking people AND stop seeking World PvP in pre-patch, were most of the playerbase is playing something else until there's content and the systems are fixed.

World PvP is only dead for griefers and gankers, but no one cares about the scum of the playerbase.

Also: killed 4 paladins and a mage today, in Argus. Neat place to engage into fights.

If you only have fun in PvP by causing other people to have less fun, maybe you're the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it.

Blizzard is removing such major fun from the game it's hard to be silent.
    Pretty sure you're immensely outnumbered, plus it's still got plenty of tricks (environment, consumables, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Also: killed 4 paladins and a mage today, in Argus. Neat place to engage into fights.
    ^ I got killed twice today engaging for fun. Once by legendaries still being very useful, and once by not focusing at all.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

7+ Year Old Account
    The major fun about world pvp was Unfairness of it.
    This speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

This gave me a good laugh.

+1