Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Void elves were a big fat MISTAKE

Blizz should have implemented high elves instead. It would have been perfect. Boy did Blizz mess this one up...
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Void elves are pretty cool though, well as cool as elves can be. They send greenskins to the void where they will suffer for all eternity, what would the high elves do? Just shoot them with some shitty arrows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there aren't topics already full of whining about this.

o wait
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My problem with Void Elves is that, just like Worgen, they feel more like a class than a race. I mean, they are basically Blood Elves who banded together because they wanted to study the Void. Then they got Void powers. Why would they resort to anything else if they are all about the Void at this point?

In a perfect world, both of these races should be their own classes IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They shouldn't have implemented Void Elves OR High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    My problem with Void Elves is that, just like Worgen, they feel more like a class than a race. I mean, they are basically Blood Elves who banded together because they wanted to study the Void. Then they got Void powers. Why would they resort to anything else if they are all about the Void at this point?

Yeh it makes no sense that they became void monsters just to be regular warrios and hunters and rogues.

If you want to play a high elf, the Horde is waiting for you

You know what else was a big fat mistake? Pandaren.

I like the void elves, but I'd agree with not adding them. Other that Alleria's questline the Argussian Reach seemed to point to adding The Krokul Broken as an allied race. Imo the alliance should have just had highelves in Burning Crusade. In WC3 the blood elves were near extinction, yet in WoW we see 3 major factions of blood elves, two groups of highelves, and a subfaction of Void Elves.

Since they just made up the silvermoon remnant for burning crusade I would have just left them highelves and put them on alliance and had them go to war with the bloodelves of outland who were using fel. Then give the horde Ogres which would have additionally fit the return to outland theme

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post

I agree. The theme of Void Elf would have made for a much more interesting class than a race.

7+ Year Old Account
    High Elves are Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    High Elves are Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei. Deal with it.
    Atleast check your lore if you want to act smug.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know what else was a big fat mistake? Pandaren.
    Pandaren were an April fools joke that people wanted so much blizzard put them into the lore to appease the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Blizz should have implemented high elves instead. It would have been perfect. Boy did Blizz mess this one up...
    High elves are blood elves
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck elves. Blizz should have implemented murlocs and gnolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    High elves are blood elves

Am I the only one who likes the idea of having the first playable void race? Its different to anything we have had before and it creates a new dynamic for the Alliance (instead of everything being goodie to shoes). Plus, they did played a great role in the SoL
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Nah the only mistake they did in this regard was randomly making Blood Elves a horde race (still to this day blood elves don't fit into the horde and look like they're there just for balancing and marketing reasons.).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the idea of having the first playable void race? Its different to anything we have had before and it creates a new dynamic for the Alliance (instead of everything being goodie to shoes). Plus, they did played a great role in the SoL
    Nah you're not alone. I see more void elves than gnomes, dwarfes and worgen combined nowadays (and my main is a void elf :P )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    it wouldnt be bad, if there was some build up to that race. Alleria doesnt count, because she isnt technically a void elf. She is high elf with void powers, while playable void elves were transformed to something else by failed ethereal ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Subsequently, the high elven kingdom was brought to the brink of annihilation when Prince Arthas Menethil invaded the country, and slew almost 90% of the high elves. Rallied by Lor'themar Theron, second-in-command of the fallen Sylvanas Windrunner, the high elves rejoined with Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, and were proclaimed the blood elves, in honor of their perished brethren.https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin