10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thanks =) I wonder how early in January the ptr will come up?
    Using the Legion model we can see patch 7.1.5 launched in early January (January 10th) but this was over two months after patch 7.1 launched (October 25th). 7.1.5 went on the PTR on November 15th which means there was nearly two months of testing. Comparing it to the 7.2.5 patch of Legion we see that this also required two months of testing to get out the door meaning the Christmas holidays had no impact on 7.1.5's delivery.

When Battle for Dazar'alor launches, Blizzard sets themselves an internal clock. They have to have Eternal Palace ready for launch between four to six months after BDA opens with five being optimum and six REALLY pushing their luck. And 8.2 is going to be a doozy with a mega dungeon, new raid and two outdoor areas (one of which is large and somewhat experimental) to test not to mention the new Azerite system. It's also probably the save the game patch. They will need every second of development time they can spare for 8.2.

I think for their own sake, 8.1.5 has to go on the PTR essentially immediately in the New Year. I think it will be deployed towards the end of next week or early the week after, targeting an early March release date (unlocking the two new Allied races and Crucible of the Storms). 8.2 will go on the PTR as soon as they can get 8.1.5 out the door, launch in early May and then the Eternal Palace will open in early July.

8.2.5 will arrive around the same time allowing them to segue into developing the 8.3 series of patches and the expansion finale taking place this time next year.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-12-26 at 12:41 AM.

I see 8.1.5 in February
    CoS about 3 months after (depends on if they make this like ToV because personally I don't think it needs a big gap simply because it should be supplementing the story and loot of the next raid.

8.2 will be the "Rises from the ashes" patch for bfa where the systems are improved and reworked. The new dungeon the heritage armor the new zone the new reps
    8.2.5 or 8.3 new allied races
    Horde get gilbin
    Alliance get the new jinyu (you see the racial banner in boralus already)
    Everyone gets a "titan forged" legendary that is either a trinket or weapon that has special traits and we use to seal N'zoth

8.1.5 has been up for vendors (likely companies such as NVIDIA, Intel) for over a week now. We'll probably see it on PTR very soon.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Legion initial patch shipped three incomplete raids. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Legion initial patch shipped three incomplete raids. Change my mind.
    I've already told you this on Discord, that is factual so I doubt anyone will change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I see 8.1.5 in February
    CoS about 3 months after (depends on if they make this like ToV because personally I don't think it needs a big gap simply because it should be supplementing the story and loot of the next raid.

8.2 will be the "Rises from the ashes" patch for bfa where the systems are improved and reworked. The new dungeon the heritage armor the new zone the new reps
    8.2.5 or 8.3 new allied races
    Horde get gilbin
    Alliance get the new jinyu (you see the racial banner in boralus already)
    Everyone gets a "titan forged" legendary that is either a trinket or weapon that has special traits and we use to seal N'zoth
    Would be nice to finally get a scaled race.... but I have my doubts. Still the final pair of allied races is a pretty big mystery. We can count in mechagnomes and vulpera. But what about the undead and worgen allied races?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've already told you this on Discord, that is factual so I doubt anyone will change your mind.
    That was the whole point. Thanks for explaining the joke.

That was the whole point. Thanks for explaining the joke.
    You're welcome!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Would be nice to finally get a scaled race.... but I have my doubts. Still the final pair of allied races is a pretty big mystery. We can count in mechagnomes and vulpera. But what about the undead and worgen allied races?
    Nelf worgen, lightforged dead.

Eh , I highly doubt there will be another druid race this expansion... light forged undead is something people keep talking about but we've yet to see at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eh , I highly doubt there will be another druid race this expansion... light forged undead is something people keep talking about but we've yet to see at all.
    Just like how velves went from nonexistant to asspulls to accepted canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Could a sworn you had a avatar

If they release night elf worgen, but don't release high elves and san'layn, there is going to be "a shitshow, obviously".

I personally doubt they will give night elf worgen. Maybe Sethrak or Saberon as the new feral / worgen allied race slot.

At earliest, 8.1.5 is February 26th, the day that the final wing of Battle of Dazar'alor comes out, but most likely, it'll be at least two weeks after that, so early/mid March, meaning 8.2 in April at earliest, assuming Crucible of Storms comes out within the week that 8.1.5 does like ToV did.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    If they release night elf worgen, but don't release high elves and san'layn, there is going to be "a shitshow, obviously".

I personally doubt they will give night elf worgen. Maybe Sethrak or Saberon as the new feral / worgen allied race slot.
    There will probably a "shitshow, obviously" moment regardless because of mechagnomes/vulpera instead of races X/Y.

One I could see happening but furry nelves? That doesn't make any difference in both visual and customization, also I doubt the light undead will fight for the horde because their plot is tied with Calia and Sylvanas will never accept them in the horde, without mention she doesn't know anyone from there, the forsaken allied race probably is gonna be asspull from somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    One I could see happening but furry nelves? That doesn't make any difference in both visual and customization, also I doubt the light undead will fight for the horde because their plot is tied with Calia and Sylvanas will never accept them in the horde, without mention she doesn't know anyone from there, the forsaken allied race probably is gonna be asspull from somewhere
    Did you just completely forget Horde got fucking night elves, and Alliance got fucking blood elves in 7.3.5/prepurchase bonus?

Did you just completely forget Horde got fucking night elves, and Alliance got fucking blood elves in 7.3.5/prepurchase bonus?
    Yeah but forsakens with another nelf off-shot for the horde? Nah they need to get something like some gnome or dwarf ex-change to compesate, heck the whole light orcs for the alliance and some human race for the horde is getting a lot of build up lately.

I bet Vol'jin will bring some race from the shadowlands for the horde as part of the final patch or for the pre patch of the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I'm a bit stumped. A big part of me is hoping this whole lightforged undead garbage goes away... but who knows.

As for the worgen counterpart race, it could be sethrak, jinyu, or maybe vulpera were actually the counterpart and goblins are getting gilblins...

I'm honestly more interested to see the remaining allied races than I am to see the rest of the BfA story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally still predicting that Worgen's equivalent will be that Ahn'Qoen (sp?) race they mentioned at Blizzcon whereas the Undead equivalent will be either Lightforged Undead or Night Elf Undead. Likely more the NE versions than light-based, I'm thinking the former is how the Forsaken get a new racial leader and Undead get Paladins in lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well, Worgen curse originated among nelfs, so at least lore wise it makes sense.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.