Speaking of the allied races. If I were Blizzard, I'd have added Highborne already. Easy thing to do, tons of satisfied fans, and I believe the art department can easily make the Highborne different enough from other elves. Win-win-win. I don't really understand why they persist so much.

Perhaps because lorewise, what remains form Highborne of Eldre'Thalas (Dire Maul) already joined and is lore reason for addition of nelf mages in Cataclysm(?)
    They'd have to find (make up) good source where those still surviving Highborne would come from.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Speaking of the allied races. If I were Blizzard, I'd have added Highborne already. Easy thing to do, tons of satisfied fans, and I believe the art department can easily make the Highborne different enough from other elves. Win-win-win. I don't really understand why they persist so much.
    I actually agree with this, because I'm in love with the Highborne, especially the ones inside Eldre'Thalas. That's the thing though, basically we already got the Shen'dralar back in Cataclysm. You can make a Night Elf mage and RP as a Shen'dralar Highborne or a young Night Elf mage.
    But yeah, if Blizzard wanted they could solve this easily and make the Highborne different enough as you say.

Perfect excuse to finally move the Blood elf (and Draenei) starting areas to the main maps too. Highborne starting area could be added left of where the maps are joined, where *old* Quel'Thalas is now.

Thursday is the day then! Prepare, brothers and sisters! For a new PTR patch will be bestowed upon us!
    pussy888
    Last edited by Hannah25; 2019-04-17 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    But would it be too similar to Nightborne?
    Not necessarily! Nightborne have this arcane, purple, Nightwell-enhanced aesthetic. From the Azshara short video where we briefly see Zin Azshari and from what we've seen in Azsuna, the Highborne aesthetic is more timeless, less heavy. It has this "Ancient Greece" vibe and palette of colours, mixed up with darker blues and star patterns, something regalian and elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Perfect excuse to finally move the Blood elf (and Draenei) starting areas to the main maps too. Highborne starting area could be added left of where the maps are joined, where *old* Quel'Thalas is now.
    I really hope this will happen one day, but I don't want to be disappointed anymore so I'll just consider it won't. This would be amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah25 View Post
    Thursday is the day then! Prepare, brothers and sisters! For a new PTR patch will be bestowed upon us!
    Did you try to quote my previous message for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

Not necessarily! Nightborne have this arcane, purple, Nightwell-enhanced aesthetic. From the Azshara short video where we briefly see Zin Azshari and from what we've seen in Azsuna, the Highborne aesthetic is more timeless, less heavy. It has this "Ancient Greece" vibe and palette of colours, mixed up with darker blues and star patterns, something regalian and elegant.
    The Blizzcon map for Nazjatar has 'Ruins of Zin Azshari' in it. Hopefully a relatively accurate representation of the capital's former glory. That is, if it hasn't been completely covered by alge and seaweed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    The Blizzcon map for Nazjatar has 'Ruins of Zin Azshari' in it. Hopefully a relatively accurate representation of the capital's former glory. That is, if it hasn't been completely covered by alge and seaweed at this point.
    That I hope! But it's probably been covered in corals, algae and weird sea-stuff by now haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yes, that would be nice - not life-or-death, but nice, if this isn't too difficult.

I hear the lore reasons, too. That said, they obviously can rewrite the lore easily at any time, so I guess they aren't adding Highborne because either (a) they don't think many people want them, despite huge threads - maybe that's just someone deciding at some point "eh, that's just a lot of noise with a lot of people for and a lot of people against" and nobody ever revisiting it, or (b) they agree many people want them, but don't have the time / desire to figure out how to do them well - eg, other things are more important, or.......... (c) they have plans or potential plans for Highborne in future lore - maybe even nothing terribly specific, but just "we might need them, don't touch them for the moment".

(Speculation is fun.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    I hope for this too.
    And something else. For the love of all that is holy, I really hope they won't forget the Shen'dralar this time. Blizz completely forgot about them in Legion. Zero representation of the Shen'dralar with either Court of Farondis or the Nightborne. Such a wasted potential, if you ask me.
    But now, if they don't include them it will be even worse. They were Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists, it makes pefect sense for them to show up in 8.2.
    Hopefully that will be the case, they are the 'authentic' Highborne , I want to see them play a bigger role and have a nice story progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    For the love of all that is holy, I really hope they won't forget the Shen'dralar this time. Blizz completely forgot about them in Legion. Zero representation of the Shen'dralar with either Court of Farondis or the Nightborne.
    Yeah, I noticed them missing as well, this was a little strange. This is such a long-standing faction, including in the gameplay, that nodding to it is a no-brainer.

The Shen'dralar should definitely be here at some point in 8.2. Otherwise, this would be such a missed opportunity.

The Shen'dralar should definitely be here at some point in 8.2. Otherwise, this would be such a missed opportunity.
    I would not count on it ... well their leader is in the warfront at least... soo there may is at least a little bit of hope.

Happy to hear a specific date (Thursday), let's now see what info we will get.

Regarding allied races, a subjective perspective from someone who isn't much into them:

Lightforged and Highmountain - both minor variations of existing races, both uninteresting, no preference.
    Void Elves and Nightborne - both good, no preference.
    Dark Iron and Maghar - Dark Iron all the way, Maghar are boring.
    Kultiran and Zandalari - Zandalari, no contest, Kul Tiran fatties can die in a fire, they are the worst race out of all available races and doing the race of fatties was moronic.

So, more or less even, although Kul Tiran are way worse than Maghar, so Horde kind of wins. But this isn't terribly important.
    Thicc** not fatties thankyou

10+ Year Old Account
    People expecting AR in 8.2 still exist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    What better way to expect if not against all counter evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Well Ion has specifically said no allied races in Rise of Azshara so I doubt it. But people looking for models with extensive customization or player character quality, yes. I'm one of them. Allied races have setup before being introduced as allied races.

EDIT: *most* allied races have setup beforehand.

Ugh, why is the stream two days away still...

I need that sweet datamining.

Jeremey Feasel stated in the E&T Interview that more AR are planned. He didn't said more, but I guess if not in 8.2.5 then rather in compilation at 8.3.5. I guess Blizzard is currently just gathering the Communities opinions about certain folks and decide than if they should make them playable or not

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Jeremey Feasel stated in the E&T Interview that more AR are planned. He didn't said more, but I guess if not in 8.2.5 then rather in compilation at 8.3.5. I guess Blizzard is currently just gathering the Communities opinions about certain folks and decide than if they should make them playable or not

Do you happen to have link to that Interview?
    Crimea is Ukraine!