Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i kinda think they should have done with the water strider what they did with the golem. keep the water walking for it, don't allow it to benefit from the other mount equipment.
    Then everyone would still have used the Water Strider for Water Walking, while using the non-daze equipment for other mounts.

I do hope for extensions of the system later on, an additional slot or two, and several new equipments. Maybe character-specific setups, you don't need the Water Walking equipment on DKs, even for Shaman it's less useful.
    As usual, they start conservative.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-16 at 07:36 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I do hope for extensions of the system later on, an additional slot or two, and several new equipments.
    Equipment ideas:

* (Existing) Waterwalking
    * (Existing) No daze
    * (Existing) Parachute that protects from falls
    * Increased speed underwater (possibly bundled with underwater breathing, or that could be separate)
    * Gather herbs and / or ores without unmounting (similar to sky golem, but we also need the extension to ores)
    * Dig archaeology without unmounting
    * (Maybe) Loot without unmounting (but that might be a special case that is too dangerous, at least in combo)
    * Do not unmount for first 5 seconds of combat (to kill-kill-kill from mount - if you cannot kill within 5 seconds, you naturally dismount, so have to be fast - then loot, do not allow looting without unmounting with this because the combo is too powerful)
    * Extra passenger seat
    * Extra NPC seat, with a selection of vendors / whatever (don't do the AH NPC, because people spent tons of gold on that mount already)
    * Autoheal over time / maaaaaaybe autorepair over time as well (but slowly)

Things that should perhaps be active abilities that you press (single mount ability put onto the vehicle button):

* Speed burst (big temporary increase of speed with some CD)
    * Big jump over obstacle (eg, from one mountain ledge to another)
    * Aggro everything within range (to create a big ball of trash by running around and tooting a horn)
    * Channel-damage enemies by running over them (eg, channel-damage for 15 sec with 1 min CD)
    * Dismount other players (PVP)
    * Bump other players, mounted or not, similarly to typhoon (PVP)
    * Channel-root / slow / whatever everything (PVP)
    * Hook with another mount that is closer than X yards away, create a chain between two mounts, then run over enemies and damage / slow / whatever them with the chain

Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

...and an item: make my mount look like my target's mount. For an hour. Kept if you dismount and mount back. :-)
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-16 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this seems like something that is mediocre now, but is a much bigger feature/expansion on the idea in 9.0.

Gathering herbs/ores and looting while mounted is already possible in Legion/BfA content with the appropriate Stirrups, although that also counts for Anti-Dazing with the Leather Bardings, which kinda speaks for the Stirrups as a potential mount equipment, anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

One more item:

* Allows your mount to climb walls. Can only be used on spiders, and the climbing is not infinite, just 10 sec every 1 min or so.

The reappearing idea of an expansion in caverns with qiraji and other bugs materializes again. :-)

Last night's encrypted 8.2 build broke through the magic 30k mark. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the first PTR build we'll be seeing this week!

Quote Originally Posted by marlamin View Post
    last night's encrypted 8.2 build broke through the magic 30k mark. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the first ptr build we'll be seeing this week!

i need that ptr!!!!!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Gathering herbs/ores and looting while mounted is already possible in Legion/BfA content with the appropriate Stirrups, although that also counts for Anti-Dazing with the Leather Bardings, which kinda speaks for the Stirrups as a potential mount equipment, anyway.
    Ugh why am I only finding out about these now

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Ugh why am I only finding out about these now
    my condolences

Come on PTR! Come here baby. Come to us, we're really nice you'll see!
    COME ON NOW YOU FREAKING B-...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    COME ON NOW YOU FREAKING B-...
    D:

I'd say tonight's PTR forecast has a 40% likelihood of a public build release. My money's on thursday still, but if it's today I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    D:

I'd say tonight's PTR forecast has a 40% likelihood of a public build release. My money's on thursday still, but if it's today I'm not complaining.
    My money is on Wednesday, but yeah, Thursday is very likely as well!

To me it was either Monday or Thursday - Monday didn't happen, which leaves us with Thursday.

Tuesday and Wednesday aren't too likely, because that's when CoS releases and the weekly reset happens. That's problematic, because they will likely want to have their firefighting brigades at the ready in case anything goes wrong. And they probably don't want the PTR to interfere with the new raid, so I say these two days are rather unlikely.

Thursday, though... Since the raid is quite short, a lot of people should be done with it. If anything breaks or if there's some secret cinematic, it should also be out of the way. Thursday is also not right before the weekend, so they will have a bit of extra time to patch up the PTR and avoid people going bonkers if it doesn't work during the weekend.

I dunno, maybe my logic is flawed, but at this point - Thursday seems like a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Last night's encrypted 8.2 build broke through the magic 30k mark. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the first PTR build we'll be seeing this week!
    How limited is the access to Vendor client?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I don't see why that would interefere with a PTR release. They don't expect everyone to go check out the PTR on day 1
    Maybe you're right, but I think that quite a lot of people will want to check out the PTR and it might collide with the raid release for them, so I think Blizzard might not want to release the two at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    and they don't need firefighters if the PTR goes wrong, they just shut the servers down because expectations are low, since its not the official servers.
    Here I disagree, because... there's already quite a lot of negativity in the WoW community and even though it's just a PTR, I don't think Blizzard will want to add more fuel to the fire - because, you know, if something goes wrong with the PTR, there are surely going to be people who will happily join the hate crusade, like a certain British WoW youtuber with a baby face, and scream that the content is not only bad, but also so broken that it certainly won't get fixed in time, because shareholders wanted Q&A people to be fired... Or something like that.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-16 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    How limited is the access to Vendor client?
    Haven't ever seen anyone with access to it, likely only limited to hardware vendors such as Intel, NVIDIA, AMD etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Maybe you're right, but I think that quite a lot of people will want to check out the PTR and it might collide with the raid release for them, so I think Blizzard might not want to release the two at the exact same time.
    If Blizzard actually cared about that they would've postponed the PTR another week.

Fuck knows I need this PTR, another Antorus lockout wasted because some idiot can't tank Aggramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    If Blizzard actually cared about that they would've postponed the PTR another week.

Fuck knows I need this PTR, another Antorus lockout wasted because some idiot can't tank Aggramar.
    I keep doing Antorus to get my mage stuff. It never drops though.

Anyone remember the Dark Ranger questline that was added in 8.1.5 that had us going to Scarlet Halls? I can't post links but it had quest log text and maps that haven't been used in game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Of course it's legit

https://imgur.com/f1ZNqiF

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really the type of guy posting a whole lot of message in the forums, but I have been watching you, Sadochin, EbaumsTipster, Marlamin, and Fahrad, in silence, since the "Official Patch 8.0 Speculation Thread" , I know what your dark magic can bring to this world ! :O
    Im much the same. Although my old account was nuked ������