Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There is/will be no 8.1.3. Next patch is 8.1.5.
    Could the CoS entrance not just be part of the upcoming Azshara raid in 8.2 instead of a very own raid?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    No they aren't. The Silver Covenant is a faction of High Elves. They look like Blood Elves but have blue eyes instead of green/gold. If you play Alliance, you see a lot of them around.

Even the Arathi warfront has them fighting on the Alliance side. They are maintaining the shield on the airship you start on before the battle starts.
    Which doesn't really matter. We wont be getting High Elves when we already got so many elves and when their only distinguishable feature is different eye color.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-29 at 05:10 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Horde has a faction of Human Pirates working with them, doesn't mean we can expect a Swashbuckler AR.

High Elves are simply too visually similar to Blood Elves. Void Elves were as far as Blizzard was willing to bend the lore, as well as their own mantra of silhuettes, although that rather applies to Allied Races in general.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    The Horde has a faction of Human Pirates working with them, doesn't mean we can expect a Swashbuckler AR.
    There was that one really good fan suggestion about Alterac Humans joining the Horde using the thin human model... not a bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes because 1 group of humans contained in 1 expansion is equivalent to the same group of elves that have helped/been allied with the Alliance through multiple expansions.

Rebuke this all you want, but it's always funny to me to see one-off examples Horde side used as if it's comparable to the multiple-time uses High Elves have had on the Alliance.

With that said I don't believe High Elves are coming in BFA as Void Elf was the elf shoe-in for Alliance and Nightborne the elf shoe-in for the Horde. 9.0+ after, it all depends how Blizzard handles the AR system.

8.1.5 was just deployed to the encrypted WoW endpoint (we can't see shit). Hopefully they wait until after the holidays with a full deploy because I have 0 time.
    I think it will be second week of January before it will go online

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Could the CoS entrance not just be part of the upcoming Azshara raid in 8.2 instead of a very own raid?
    Dungeon journal

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what I can spend excess resources on? I have like 4k of them with all the mission outposts bought along with their upgrades. Im getting around 1000-2000 passively a week, so about to be swimming in them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Does anyone know what I can spend excess resources on? I have like 4k of them with all the mission outposts bought along with their upgrades. Im getting around 1000-2000 passively a week, so about to be swimming in them.
    They'll probably create expenses for them in 8.2 and beyond. Didn't they do a similar thing with Order Hall Resources in Legion? Not that it lasted long

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    put https://www.wowhead.com/item=165719/monelite-whetstone on AH

someone might even buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Legion initial patch shipped three incomplete raids. Change my mind.
    It was only two. Trial of valor came with 7.1 and only 7.1.

EN and NH were tested on the beta, with NH being further tested in the patch 7.1.5 PTR. At Launch, the dungeon journal only had EN and NH in the raid sections (minus world bosses). Trial of Valor was a last minute raid that blizzard put in because they needed something to rap up the Odyn vs Helya story arc.

Personally, I would've preferred if the Odyn vs Helya arc ended in the warrior campaign. Since Helya should've been the main villain of that order hall campaign. (makes sense, Helya is the one who sealed Odyn and his army within the Halls of Valor in the first place)

Next xpac prepatch: playable race pruning - first race to kick the bucket night elves. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yes because 1 group of humans contained in 1 expansion is equivalent to the same group of elves that have helped/been allied with the Alliance through multiple expansions.

Rebuke this all you want, but it's always funny to me to see one-off examples Horde side used as if it's comparable to the multiple-time uses High Elves have had on the Alliance.

With that said I don't believe High Elves are coming in BFA as Void Elf was the elf shoe-in for Alliance and Nightborne the elf shoe-in for the Horde. 9.0+ after, it all depends how Blizzard handles the AR system.
    It will more than likely happen, but not in the way people wanted. Blizzard has already said they were considering adding High Elf customisation options to Void Elves in the future. Now mind you, it would make no sense since the High Elves have no connection to the void, but I think it shows how Blizzard is stuck between a rock and a hard place with them.

On one hand, they would be a terribly boring allied race. It's literally just blood elves with blue eyes. They share the exact same ancestry and lore, they just went separate ways very recently lore-wise. Their heritage armor might as well just be the Sin'dorei set in white, blue and gold. People already cry "horde favoritism" with allied races because the Zandalari have a lot of work put into them, the Mag'har have a great variety of skin tones and the Nightborne were a pretty iconic Legion race, meanwhile the Alliance got light Draeneis, gray Dwarves and purple Blood Elves.

On the other hand, a lot people have been asking for them for the longest time and it would be a good time to please them given how poorly BFA is going. They just need to find a way that makes sense. If they try to please the people who want High Elves, they'll piss off the people who wanted something unique. Even if they were to give the Horde something like Ogres or elven Forsaken, models that are already in the game and used commonly, people would still complain about bias. Making it a customisation option might be their best bet to avoid harsh backlash.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It will more than likely happen, but not in the way people wanted. Blizzard has already said they were considering adding High Elf customisation options to Void Elves in the future. Now mind you, it would make no sense since the High Elves have no connection to the void, but I think it shows how Blizzard is stuck between a rock and a hard place with them.

On one hand, they would be a terribly boring allied race. It's literally just blood elves with blue eyes. They share the exact same ancestry and lore, they just went separate ways very recently lore-wise. Their heritage armor might as well just be the Sin'dorei set in white, blue and gold. People already cry "horde favoritism" with allied races because the Zandalari have a lot of work put into them, the Mag'har have a great variety of skin tones and the Nightborne were a pretty iconic Legion race, meanwhile the Alliance got light Draeneis, gray Dwarves and purple Blood Elves.

On the other hand, a lot people have been asking for them for the longest time and it would be a good time to please them given how poorly BFA is going. They just need to find a way that makes sense. If they try to please the people who want High Elves, they'll piss off the people who wanted something unique. Even if they were to give the Horde something like Ogres or elven Forsaken, models that are already in the game and used commonly, people would still complain about bias. Making it a customisation option might be their best bet to avoid harsh backlash.
    Doing Helves would get Schrödingr Blizzard complaints though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Well High Elves were former members of the Alliance of Lordaeron, and they have been present since Classic. So yes, obviously they had more representation - as NPCs.
    But nothing ever hinted at them becoming playable, nothing in the story, nothing that was datamined.
    So on the contrary, I take this as a sign that "the High Elves" will never become playable.

I have not played through all of the Alliance story yet, but afaik even the Void Elves don't really interact with the High Elves as a faction, despite having been recruited into the Alliance by a High Elf. Their connection to Alleria isn't so much being former High Elves but instead showing an interest in the Void.
    At most, the Void Elves recruit from both Blood and High Elves, but both say these studies are frowned upon in their respective society.

This all is, to me, an argument that High Elves in that form will never be playable. Their numbers even diminish.
    Well, those on the Alliance side. The blue eyes could eventually become a customization option for Blood Elves, to depict an individual (or descendant, although that requires more time to pass) that overcame their Fel addiction (tbh the optimal time for this would've been after Sunwell, akin to the Night Warrior customization for Night Elves, but nowadays it's less likely)

Although it's not unreasonable, to go briefly off-topic, that the older races will eventually get customization upgrades to not be out-performed by Allied Races.

PS: Oh, and I brought up the Horde-aligned Human Pirates not as something that would actually become playable, but as an example of something that can't really become playable, simply because it's too similar to an opposing faction's race.
    Void Elves and Nightborne differ sufficiently enough from their "model and animation set parents" to not be confused with them, although the Void Elves' skin color is a bit of a stretch - but again, that's a sign for me that the Alliance got Void Elves as "almost-High-Elves" instead of ever getting playable High Elves.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-01-03 at 05:57 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, High Elves became a meme now, a running joke. We got a small group of people who is just deaf to any argument, and keeps screaming "HIGH ELVES" all the time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Welp, now that christmas bullshit is over, all we need is access to 8.1.5. PTR.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Welp, now that christmas bullshit is over, all we need is access to 8.1.5. PTR.
    Most devs are back after the weekend. Will likely start seeing some hotfixes go out early next week with hopefully a PTR late next week. Optimism, yay!

Most devs are back after the weekend. Will likely start seeing some hotfixes go out early next week with hopefully a PTR late next week. Optimism, yay!
    Can't wait to see the visual remasters, and ofc racials with concrete numbers instead of vague descriptions.
    Crimea is Ukraine!