Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There was some minor PTR maintenance last night (45 min). Wonder if they're prepping for 8.1.5.
    Hope so, would be nice to see it go up this week.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Easy, because BfA's new features suck and the content is already dragged out. Mythic+ and WQ aren't "fresh" anymore and get boring very quick. It was different in Legion.

Another thing is: will CoS drop in 8.1.5 with the two races or will 8.2 contain CoS and 8.2.5 contain the Azshara raid.
    Idk if it's the "freshness" thing, to me anyway. Stuff in Legion just felt more rewarding. You complete an emissary and I think it's either a chance for leggo or you always got something like 700-800 gold (unless I'm recalling wrong about the always gold part). And M+ since you had +15 there was more of a gradient in gearing and completing the lower keystones, and my main aim for them was just to get the Keystone Master (thankfully did in Legion) otherwise I actually didn't find a lot of the Legion dungeons interesting in and of themselves.

WQs are still great, just the emissaries and rewards themselves don't feel as worthwhile as in Legion, and M+ in BFA is on a stricter difficulty curve with no added incentive (Legion was to unlock weapon appearance, BFA it's just the same as gearing up).

Mind you this is from the perspective of a mostly single player who's in a guild with no raid team but that pugged M+ and Raids (Normal/Heroic) throughout Legion.

Also for your CoS question: It's going to come sometimes in 8.1.5 as it's part of the same tier as Dazar'alor. Well CoS is like what ToV was to Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Also for your CoS question: It's going to come sometimes in 8.1.5 as it's part of the same tier as Dazar'alor. Well CoS is like what ToV was to Nighthold.
    I know that they should be the same "tier" but I don't know how this would work though. Is it common that there are multiple iterations of x.x.5 patches? Like x.x.5.1 for the two allied races and x.x.5.2 for CoS? That's what I find a bit weird.

And yes, BfA's reward system is broken as it's not rewarding enough. One reason why I quit BfA after 3 weeks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hope so, would be nice to see it go up this week.
    Yup, it's coming soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I know that they should be the same "tier" but I don't know how this would work though. Is it common that there are multiple iterations of x.x.5 patches? Like x.x.5.1 for the two allied races and x.x.5.2 for CoS? That's what I find a bit weird.

And yes, BfA's reward system is broken as it's not rewarding enough. One reason why I quit BfA after 3 weeks.
    A new patch isn't required to open up a raid anymore, everything is in place and Blizzard just locks it until its specified date. Like Dazar'alor will probably open on Jan 22nd and we'll still be patch 8.1.

I haven't seen any X.X.5.1 or so, I think they are keeping it to just X.X, and X.X.5 formats now. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    A new patch isn't required to open up a raid anymore, everything is in place and Blizzard just locks it until its specified date. Like Dazar'alor will probably open on Jan 22nd and we'll still be patch 8.1.

I haven't seen any X.X.5.1 or so, I think they are keeping it to just X.X, and X.X.5 formats now. I could be wrong though.
    Yeah, there's no version number after minor patch other than the build, don't think there ever will be. I do get what Nyel means though, it's sorta weird that there's no change in content patch for the clients when new content releases because the clients already have everything that is needed, but that's just how it is these days.

Also, I likely won't be around to mine the patch unless it releases in the next hour. Hopefully nothing breaks.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-01-08 at 09:10 PM.

Installing ptr for this again.

Surprised there will be war campaign stuff in an .5 patch.

Very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Installing ptr for this again.

Surprised there will be war campaign stuff in an .5 patch.

Very surprised.
    I suggest you hold off on installing for now, there's a good chance it'll use the shared data system introduced in 8.1.5 which will likely require you to re-install it again later.

I suggest you hold off on installing for now, there's a good chance it'll use the shared data system introduced in 8.1.5 which will likely require you to re-install it again later.
    you mean the stuff where it copies the live build etc?

Coz mine did that.

you mean the stuff where it copies the live build etc?

Coz mine did that.
    Not copies, installs into the same directory as normal WoW, but into a _ptr_ folder instead of _retail_. The "World of Warcraft Public Test" folder won't exist anymore (if they indeed use the new system for this PTR).

Not copies, installs into the same directory as normal WoW, but into a _ptr_ folder instead of _retail_. The "World of Warcraft Public Test" folder won't exist anymore (if they indeed use the new system for this PTR).
    so it will be smaller? instead of 2 50+gb folders there will be one with 50+ and then just ptr stuff in another (that is smaller)?

so it will be smaller? instead of 2 50+gb folders there will be one with 50+ and then just ptr stuff in another (that is smaller)?
    Yup, it'll still download additional PTR only content but it won't be 2 50GB+ folders anymore, just one that is slightly larger than it would be with only a retail installation.

So is the 8.1.5 PTR dropping today? This week?

Well this week given we have a raid test..

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, I likely won't be around to mine the patch unless it releases in the next hour. Hopefully nothing breaks.
    I do miss when the gating was relegated to in-game deeds, but alas that time is gone.

On-topic: Love your mining work Marlamin, it's nice when the datamining crew has new builds to pick at!

I have troubling news. It seems there are traitors in our midst.
    Most of you need fear nothing.
    But Derek Proudmoore didn't flee to Kul Tiras by himself. He had help. Didn't he...
    ... Zelling?
    Stop! ... I returned Derek Proudmoore to his family.
    I could not stand by and permit such depravity to unfold.
    You raised him as a Forsaken. But you planned to deny him his free will. To violate his mind.
    Thank you for your honesty.
    Banshee! Are we nothing more than pawns in your game? You betray the Horde!
    No. He did. And so did you.
    Take him.
    Other will see you for what you are, Sylvanas. You will leave the Horde in ruins!
    There is no place for weakness in our ranks.

Horde's gonna FREAK.......

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I have troubling news. It seems there are traitors in our midst.
    Most of you need fear nothing.
    But Derek Proudmoore didn't flee to Kul Tiras by himself. He had help. Didn't he...
    ... Zelling?
    Stop! ... I returned Derek Proudmoore to his family.
    I could not stand by and permit such depravity to unfold.
    You raised him as a Forsaken. But you planned to deny him his free will. To violate his mind.
    Thank you for your honesty.
    Banshee! Are we nothing more than pawns in your game? You betray the Horde!
    No. He did. And so did you.
    Take him.
    Other will see you for what you are, Sylvanas. You will leave the Horde in ruins!
    There is no place for weakness in our ranks.

Horde's gonna FREAK.......
    A+ Writing.