Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    8.1 will be a patch focused on the faction war and unlocking Zandalari/kul'Tiras allied race, they will create a raid faction rep to grind to unlock them, the raid may future both fleets being destroyed so in the end both new allied races won't feel too strong and are "forced" to join Horde and Alliance for survival.
    Perfectly balanced as all things should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Giant"? It was just the new Karazhan experience, ToV and the unlocked Suramar questline... new Karazhan was quite amazing but I wouldn't call 7.1 "giant".

7.1 came out two months after Legion, not sure if this will be the case for 8.1 though. I rather think they'll release it somewhere around mid/end of November as some kind of "Christmas holiday experience".
    It's a pretty huge patch for how quickly it came out after Legion launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any major event in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    PAX West 31 Aug - 3 Sep
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Probably two Q&A streams. FF14 does it all the time, why not use your livestream to announce a patch?

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm assuming the Azshara short was a big ol' nothing burger since nobody is talking about it?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I'm assuming the Azshara short was a big ol' nothing burger since nobody is talking about it?
    This. We basically knew everything already. It was really disappointing. The only interesting thing is maybe the fact now that N'zoth is incarcerated somewhere on the ocean floor (which was just speculation as of now afaik).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This. We basically knew everything already. It was really disappointing. The only interesting thing is maybe the fact now that N'zoth is incarcerated somewhere on the ocean floor (which was just speculation as of now afaik).
    I mean we kinda already speculated on the bottom of the ocean thing with N'Zoth due to his involvement in the Naga in the first place.

Oh well, time to go dormant until the next Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean we kinda already speculated on the bottom of the ocean thing with N'Zoth due to his involvement in the Naga in the first place.
    Yes we did but now it's a "fact".

We were seeing developer Q&As each month throughout the start of Legion, but I don't think there was one as fast as this week's. I guess my estimate now is some 8.1 reveal between now and raids opening, and if not then, more information after Uldir opens.

Gamescom was kind of humdrum, but it's not like I'm lacking content right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Honestly, I REALLY want Sethrak, but I'd be okay with Mechagnomes

What I wouldn't be okay with is these Junker Gnomes I keep hearing about, which from what everyone is saying would just be gnomes thrown through a mad-max filter with scattershot steampunk prosthetics, fuck that.
    I think I agree, but so far that's been the trend, hasn't it? Instead of vrykul, Alliance get burly Kul Tirans, and instead of ethereals or high elves, they get void elves.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see junker gnomes over mechagnomes, but I'm open to the idea and think they could be interesting. I'm less thrilled about the thought of them being the counterpart to vulpera, though.

That said, I actually do like all the allied races they've added, or confirmed they will be adding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Azshara survives whatever raid is next.

My theory.

2 new Islands. Zuldare and Crestfall. Each about timeless Isle sized. Alliance VS horde raid with Azshara attacking during it, but retreating.

8.2-Gilneas zone revamped. Max level. Lich King makes some players. Undead raid + Alliance VS Horde.
    8.3- Azshara raid. Nazjatar zone. She has Nzoth enslaved siphoning his power. When we defeat her, he breaks free. Her third death Ushers in his coming.

9.0 Return of the Black Empire, or Return of the Lich King. 10.0 is the one thats not picked.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're doing theories.

8.1 - Zuldare and Crestfall, Azshara raid is in Nazjatar, no PvP aspect. Zandalari and Kul'tirans unlocked.

8.2 - Zuldazar raid, maybe a PvP element, resolution of the Bwomsomdi-Vol'jin storyline.

8.3 - Ny'alotha, N'Zoth raid, maybe some shadowlands shenanigans. Vulpera for Horde.... and honestly seeing all the love they're getting, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tortollans for Alliance.

9.0 - The "Sylvanas has gone full Lich Queen" expansion.

I think we will get at least 1 underwater dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think Sylvanas is going to go Lich Queen.

- - - Updated - - -

I also dont think we get an underwater dungeon. Part of a dungeon? Maybe, but not an entire dungeon.

10.0 "The Radiant Crusade"
    - Final expansion, and the biggest yet.
    - AU Yrel and her Lightborn crusade across time and space bringing "the word of the Light" by force. This is inspired by seasons 9 and 10 of Stargate SG-1.
    - The motivation is that since the Void has been crippled, the Light sees its greatest enemy has been dealt with, and the balance tips in the Light's favour. Yrel is charged with leading this intergalactic, multiversal crusade. All will serve the Light or be burned away!
    - Titans and Illidan return. Sargeras is redeemed but still watched over by Illidan.
    - Classes and specs will be powered-up like never before. For example, two talents per row!
    - Armistice Mode allows Alliance and Horde to work together; form parties, tag mobs without faction priority, etc. Can be toggled on and off.
    - All models still without a HD makeover get it.

Just my two copper. Hard to nail down anything for certain without knowing how BfA ends, or the next one begins.

I personally don't think Azshara will be delt with quite so quickly. Shes one of the most powerful characters left over from the RTS, and like Illidan had the 'golden eyes' trait which according to their superstition meant they were destined for greatness or had an important destiny.

After everything Illidan has done, to have Azshara make a bargan with an Old God and then die in a raid after shes finally, FINALLY shown up after all this time. Especially considering how powerful shes meant to be. Would kind of downplay everything shes been built up to be.

While I would love to see her get her own expansion, especially since characters like Deathwing, Arthas and Illidan have had their own expansions, at least let her have a prominant role going forward, like last the whole expansion, not just a patch cycle.

As for whats coming next, I'm hoping either Void, or Black Empire for the theme. If Void based then seeing the Etherials play a major role would be cool, or even having one of their sects via their prince, join us as an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    8.1 is Azshara Raid (She will not be killed, but will be final boss of the raid) new dungeon along with a new warfront. Kul Tiran and Zandalari allied races.

8.2 is Troll Raid and is also titled Fall of Gilneas. Genn Greymane will die here. Gilneas will be a new 120 max level phased zone with its own story, new dungeon and world quests. Worgen new model also wi be here as well.

N'zoth is 8.3 but this is not the final confrontation with the old gods.

The rest of the new races will be Vulpera for the Horde and The Redeemed (light undead) who are under the command of Calia Menethil who is the older sister of Arthas.

The other 2 new races will be Junker Gnomes and Shape-shifting cat like creatures. That's it for BFA races. Sethrak will not be playable races.

New warfronts will be the following - Barrens, Feralas, Mulgore, Searing Gorge and Hillsbrad Foothills.

9.0 is already in the works and does not have an internal name yet, but it takes place in the homeworld of the ethereals - K'anesh. It's a planet located in the Great Dark Beyond, kind of how Outland is sort of.

The reason we go to K'anesh is because Azeroth "dies" at the end of Battle of Azeroth and it requires planet energy in order to save it and we head out to K'anesh to gather its remaining life source and give it to Azeroth so it lives. Obviously people and races that live on K'anesh are not too happy. This is technically a soft start into the void Lore expansion.

Jaina once again screws over and hurts Alliance badly, but not on purpose.

Thrall and Voljin are making a reappearance in BFA.

Kel'thuzad is on the cards but will not be seeing the light of day in the next expansion or the one after.

There will be a new class in 9.0.
    Last edited by Northelim; 2018-08-25 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    8.1 is Azshara Raid (She will not be killed, but will be final boss of the raid) new dungeon along with a new warfront. Kul Tiran and Zandalari allied races.

8.2 is Troll Raid and is also titled Fall of Gilneas. Genn Greymane will die here. Gilneas will be a new 120 max level phased zone with its own story, new dungeon and world quests. Worgen new model also wi be here as well.

The rest of the new races will be Vulpera for the Horde and The Redeemed (light undead) who are under the command of Calia Menethil who is the older sister of Arthas.

The other 2 new races will be Junker Gnomes and Shape-shifting cat like creatures. That's it for BFA races. Sethrak will not be playable races.

New warfronts will be the following - Barrens, Feralas, Mulgore, Searing Gorge and Hillsbrad Foothills.

9.0 is already in the works and does not have an internal name yet, but it takes place in the homeworld of the ethereals - K'anesh. It's a planet located in the Great Dark Beyond, kind of how Outland is sort of.

The reason we go to K'anesh is because Azeroth "dies" at the end of Battle of Azeroth and it requires planet energy in order to save it and we head out to K'anesh to gather its remaining life source and give it to Azeroth so it lives. Obviously people and races that live on K'anesh are not too happy. This is technically a soft start into the void Lore expansion.

Kel'thuzad is on the cards but will not be seeing the light of day in the next expansion or the one after.

Sounds boring enough to be true.

lol you think they'll add five more Warfronts when we're starting with just one? I am quite interested to see if we'll get a second Warfront at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Azeroth dying means it's over gg, done. I doubt that's the reason we'd be going to Karesh. Most of what you said is unlikely, I do like Azshara suviving the supposed second tier raid or whatevs.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi