10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh. I don't think it can be saved sadly. Salvaged for sure but saved is a strong word.

Not to mention there's an expac or two for some popular games on the way around the time 8.2 should/be close to launching so the majority attention will be focused on those of course.
    If they (big if) pull off what they have planned, it definitely should save it.

Well, the final impression is the one that stays regarding wow expansions. MoP launch was not that good, with the daily grind to unlock more dailies, to finally unlock gear, along with many classes being in an awkward state due to the new talent system. But ToT, SoO, thunder isle, and TI sheds the expansion in a much higher light. You could say the same with Legion, where a lot of people praise how fun it was when you had everything, even though at the start, powerlevel was an rng mess.

I'll be one of the first to say that BFA was way rushed, and that blizz never seemed to have confidence in any of the big systems. I took the longest break in BFA compared to any expansion after Uldir, and i was really close to quitting but the new raid sparked some life back along with M+ with my friends. 8.2 is a tall task, but there are signs that blizz is not completely blind to their issues. I doubt there will be another warfront, and IE's, while still stale, are far less tedious. And it appears they are trying to make the necklace grind a little more interesting.

Blizz abandoned WoD, which is why most of it is not looked upon favorably, except for the raids and maybe pvp. Blizz does not appear to be abandoning BFA, so we'll see what they have in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Houston, we have very early signs of PTR activity.
    Such a teaser, Marla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im expecting 8.2 to save BFA like 5.2 saved MoP.
    Mists of Pandaria didn't need "saved" in the same way; it was substantially better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im expecting 8.2 to save BFA like 5.2 saved MoP.
    Opinions. To me MoP went downhill with 5.3 onward.

Heroic Scenarios, Grindless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post

Grindless Isle was 5.4. though. 5.3 was Battlefield:Barrens.

Houston, we have very early signs of PTR activity.
    FeelsHopeMan.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-03-21 at 10:02 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Such a teaser, Marla.
    I can't expand more than that, signs are too vague still.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Grindless Isle was 5.4. though. 5.3 was Battlefield:Barrens.
    5.3 onward

Girl can dream about revamped AV right?

Anybody else worried the Q&A today **isn't** going to focus on 8.2 and will just be more of the same we always get (Next allied race, REMOVE RNG, class when?, etc.)?

I don't think a Q&A is typically where they discuss new features, just answer questions about design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Anybody else worried the Q&A today **isn't** going to focus on 8.2 and will just be more of the same we always get (Next allied race, REMOVE RNG, class when?, etc.)?

I don't think a Q&A is typically where they discuss new features, just answer questions about design philosophy.
    Of course they wont. Something minor might be revealed but the focus wont be 8.2. The 8.1 had a reveal on stream but it wasnt QnA, it was a separate event.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Fingers crossed!

I'm hopeful the Q&A will focus on 8.2, but I'm also ready to be heavily disappointed!

I assume such a sign would mean that we will have something by the end of tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post

Grindless Isle!

Best name for that horrible place lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Grindless Isle!

It was a experiment and for what it's worth it was different then what we were used to. Sure the replayability of it wasn't too high(World content in general isn't). It certainly made us think time travel would be in the future(It was....just not in the way we thought).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Grindless Isle!

Wouldn't "grindless" imply there was no grind? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh. I don't think it can be saved sadly. Salvaged for sure but saved is a strong word.

Not to mention there's an expac or two for some popular games on the way around the time 8.2 should/be close to launching so the majority attention will be focused on those of course.
    ESO has an expac coming out then. FF14 does as well. Both are highly anticipated and both games are picking up players left and right.

Even if 8.2 is amazing, what if those expacs are too?

To add to the possibilities; What happens if classic is released around 8.2? The player base will be fractured even more

This QnA is gonna have to bring out the big guns

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Wouldn't "grindless" imply there was no grind? lol
    I read it as endless grind, but it might be interpreted both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I assume such a sign would mean that we will have something by the end of tomorrow?
    Could be. I usually expect another sign shortly after but I haven't seen that yet. As I said I didn't pay enough attention to really know what the sign means, other than that something is happening/being prepared.

No 8.2 info, time to pack it up. Just rehashing the same questions they always get.