Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Suramar continued to release content weekly. That continued on in 7.1. Is your memory really that short? We also didn't wait 6 months for 7.1 did we? They were testing Nighthold before Legion even released.

They delivered objectively less max level content this time around. They also don't have a schedule for release of 8.1 like they did 7.1.
    I agree, 8.1 has to hit in november or earlier or bfa will fall apart as wod did.
    Things are already starting to get boring and because there are no fun gear rewards, people wont be doing mythic+ as much as they did in legion.

The azerite traits are boring, there are no tier sets. And while legiondaries had a horrible reward structure, they were interesting and kept people playing and running mythic+ to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Neither was Suramar or the class campaign. No matter how much blizzard adds you will run out. The staples are still there. What was everyone doing 2 months in? Mythic+, world quests, and Emerald Nightmare. Same will be the case for BFA. People will also be doing 7 islands a week, plus the warfront/clearing arathi rares every week. You might dislike the content, but its not like they didnt create any. I agree not having a suramar sucks, but what would have made sense this time?
    7.1 launched before blizzcon and had a lot of new world content with the falcasour world quest that could get u 4 mounts, the Helya invasion quests + world quests leading up to the Helya raid, Suramar weekly insurection campaign
    the Karazhan attunement quests and most importantly:
    a new 8 boss mythic only dungeon Return to Karazhan that was actually really hard when it launched, and if u completed it within a certain time u got access to a 9th boss, dropping almost mythic EN quality gear (870) and a guaranteed mount.

Believe me, that was what kept me playing until Nighthold unlocks and for me it was the best time in legion.
    You had EN to do, ToV to do and Kara to do.
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2018-08-27 at 08:31 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wWwSQUiSHY View Post
    When did this thread go from 8.1 speculation to "scarecrowz complains for the 3000th time about the game he clearly hates but plays anyway"?
    Yeah, I'm tired when I see thread when half of posts are "This message is hidden because X is on your ignore list" from all this scarecrowz, rdas, Nyels, Aeuleas, etc. that write same shit since I joined.

I mean, whining about Suramar when we have MORE zones, every one as big as Suramar (excluding Insurrection of course)? I like narrative content, so I just used my Alliance alt and get much more of it from BfA than from Legion.

I wish ignore list would just completely hide all posts, since mods are really conservative with perma bans. I saw scarecrowz banned 2-3 times last few months and he still return and write same obnoxious shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired when I see thread when half of posts are "This message is hidden because X is on your ignore list" from all this scarecrowz, rdas, Nyels, Aeuleas, etc. that write same shit since I joined.

I mean, whining about Suramar when we have MORE zones, every one as big as Suramar (excluding Insurrection of course)? I like narrative content, so I just used my Alliance alt and get much more of it from BfA than from Legion.

I wish ignore list would just completely hide all posts, since mods are really conservative with perma bans. I saw scarecrowz banned 2-3 times last few months and he still return and write same obnoxious shit.
    Mate, it would have been better if you talked about the game and why it is good instead of who you are tired with and ignore.

Here is a small story which illustrates why it feels like there's little content (and it actually is this way, there's little original content, just have to use the word "original"): I dinged 120 after doing two zones and only one or two chains in the third zone. This is fine. But when I went to complete the remaining 80% of the third zone, I was getting regular quests doubled in live mode with world quests all the time. Ie, I go kill some pirates as part of a regular quest and I have a world quest to kill the same pirates, just more of them, and it highlights the same area as the regular quest. So, while I am grateful that I am getting two rewards for doing the same thing, this kind of tells you how interesting these world quests are (not interesting), how much effort went into them (not much) and why we have that world scaling to begin with (to allow having filler content like world quests with minimal effort on the side of the devs).

Previously, when we had dailies, maybe 1% of them were repeats of regular quests, the other 99% were uniques. Now, with world quests, most of what we have is repeats, plus half of what is called a world quest is just a "rare" - that you also encountered during leveling if you were in that area. Don't you see how boring this is and don't you see that it got more boring rather than less? And in terms of longevity and the world staying "relevant", well, I won't need gear from world quests after maybe one more week and certainly after two weeks, so all that's going to be left is azerite power and remaining scraps of reputations. The timeframe during which daily quests stayed relevant was pretty similar. Now, I am not arguing for a return to daily quests. I do like world quests more. But how come we lost original content there (previously had quests and dailies, now just quests with world quests being just scaling versions of the same) and how come they stay relevant for about the same as before (a complete blunder even compared to Legion)??? What the hell is going on there?

And that's the story of BFA: what the hell is going on?
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-27 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Let's get real: there won't be any 8.1 news until Blizzcon.
    I get the same feeling. That brings 8.1 release to either end of November / early December or to mid/end January which would be ridiculous because you already don't have much to do on max level. After you've done Mythics there is really nothing left to do on max level. And I agree, we're missing a Suramar-esque zone at this point. And we're just two weeks after release...

- - - Updated - - -

Still more end game content than any expansion prior to Legion. MoP is debatable. If you liked the dailys, theres probably close to a similar amount, but MoP still didnt have Mythic+ dungeons.
    What's there more to do? Is it all down to Mythic+? I mean TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm had a lot more raids at / right after launch. For the first months we're basically just having the 8 boss Uldir. In Cataclysm we had three starting raids, in MoP it's been 2+1 as well. I don't think that BfA has more endgame content than any expansion before at this point.

There's another problem with 8.1: raid testing. They haven't even announced the follow up raid to Uldir yet. In Legion at this time Nighthold already was announced, previewed and tested. Sure it was released ~ 4 months later but we still knew everything and it was properly tested. If we go by that when will we see the next raid? I mean seriously. We don't even have info yet. So we're getting the raid when, February, March? Or is Blizzard rushing all that stuff, we'll see the PTS within the next 4 weeks and 8.1 in December / January? I really don't know.

We had a ton to do in Legion and they still managed to give us the amazing Karazhan patch quite soon after launch. And now in BfA? There's just nothing. Do Mythics, that's it. Island Expeditions are not worth it and one Warfront keeps you entertained for maybe 1h/week. That's it for now? I mean why are they so silent about 8.1?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-08-27 at 09:48 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    As someone who LOVES Pandaria, I would love to see a "Return to Pandaria" Patch with Allied Races being Hozen for the horde and Jinyu for the alliance. Im thinking a Mogu'shan vaults type raid of like ancient titan constructs etc. The final boss could be something like Sha of Destruction (Idk im not good at naming xD) With a bit of Azeroth blood to spice up the design. Just a thought, cause I love Pandaria so much. I doubt this will happen though

People always get antsy in the pre-raid/M+ environment, but this is a little absurd. I think it's winding down from how "spoiled" the playerbase was with Legion announcements which happened due to how badly WoD did. The way that people were begging and then getting angry about the lack of music and even the LOGIN SCREEN on beta is pretty telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    As someone who LOVES Pandaria, I would love to see a "Return to Pandaria" Patch with Allied Races being Hozen for the horde and Jinyu for the alliance. Im thinking a Mogu'shan vaults type raid of like ancient titan constructs etc. The final boss could be something like Sha of Destruction (Idk im not good at naming xD) With a bit of Azeroth blood to spice up the design. Just a thought, cause I love Pandaria so much. I doubt this will happen though
    Mogu use Azerite to revive Leishen, and Klaxxi revive Yasharaj?

- - - Updated - - -

I used to think Magni was old god corrupted, but it makes more sense to me that him being a pawn means pawn of Azeroth herself. Like the old gods hate her, and think anyone who servers her is her pawn. Idk if its even a bad thing tbh. We shall see.

With 8.1 rumored to be Najatar, I really don't think Blizzard is going to release Azshara's Warbringers and the patch so far away from each other. Like 7.1, I think the questzone will be out in November, with the raid releasing later on.

Of course this is just me expecting the best of Blizzard, since the amount of content offered otherwise is minimal and people will start unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why are you responding to someone who has you on ignore? *scratches head
    It's not about others hearing your voice, it's about you hearing your own voice.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you are leveling as a feral, just switch to guardian already, you will be downing single mobs with the same speed
    Bullshit, I still kill things fast as Feral, going Bear was only really necessary for the >1M HP WQ "bosses", and when I tried them solo as Bear, I barely dented their HP.

Feral feels weird with so few Haste, but during questing, with the talent Predator and in Warmode, Savage Momentum (so many mobs cast something) you can often have a TF uptime of 100% during multi-mob or rare fights.

Dungeons and eventually raids are another matter, obviously.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    With 8.1 rumored to be Najatar, I really don't think Blizzard is going to release Azshara's Warbringers and the patch so far away from each other. Like 7.1, I think the questzone will be out in November, with the raid releasing later on.

Of course this is just me expecting the best of Blizzard, since the amount of content offered otherwise is minimal and people will start unsubbing.
    Guessing Mid November for the zone and 1 dungeon. Ptr up mid September. Limited tested on the raid. Azshara not tested or shown at all to avoid spoilers. 8.1.5 ptr up early December. 8.1.5 with the raid, bralwers guild, WoD timewalking and a few other things in early February. 8.2 ptr going up early March.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone figured out how the Azerite catch up is going to work tomorrow? Should I be stopping at around 70% of a level? I saw that mentioned somewhere. Kinda sucks meaning its a waste of time to do WQ tonight because I wont be able to reach the next level. Also Am I a scrub for only having Neck level 18 lol? Not sure where people are.

Guessing Mid November for the zone and 1 dungeon. Ptr up mid September. Limited tested on the raid. Azshara not tested or shown at all to avoid spoilers. 8.1.5 ptr up early December. 8.1.5 with the raid, bralwers guild, WoD timewalking and a few other things in early February. 8.2 ptr going up early March.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone figured out how the Azerite catch up is going to work tomorrow? Should I be stopping at around 70% of a level? I saw that mentioned somewhere. Kinda sucks meaning its a waste of time to do WQ tonight because I wont be able to reach the next level. Also Am I a scrub for only having Neck level 18 lol? Not sure where people are.
    I believe it keeps you at the % you were at in a given level, and all the numbers required are cut by 30%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdros View Post
    I believe it keeps you at the % you were at in a given level, and all the numbers required are cut by 30%.
    Idk its not a perfect solution either tbh. Wish it was a daily thing. Every day the AP needed reduces by like 1.5%.

Idk its not a perfect solution either tbh. Wish it was a daily thing. Every day the AP needed reduces by like 1.5%.
    It naturally devalues players' previous AP by 30% as well, so it's a mixed bag. At least the progress is consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdros View Post
    If so, this is a good way to do it. This gets rid of the weird stress over stopping higher than 70% and wasting AP.

I think some here are overly optimistic when it comes to 8.1 content(s) and - in particular - release date.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As a big picture with the self-nerfing AP levels, all the system does is lets you select just how many hours you are going to spend each week on the AP and then puts you onto the moving escalator of AP levels accordingly. If I spend 2x more than you do, I land on the same escalator 3 levels higher, if I spend 2x less than you do, I land 3 levels lower. The difference stays during the entire expansion. If you are getting so much AP that you are getting more than 1 level a week, you reach the point where it's only 1 level a week, same the other way. After some time, the positions stabilize and we all move in concert.

It's a simple system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think some here are overly optimistic when it comes to 8.1 content(s) and - in particular - release date.
    I have no idea about when they are going to ship what, just hope they will ship some new gameplay in October and the big patch no less than December.

If so, this is a good way to do it. This gets rid of the weird stress over stopping higher than 70% and wasting AP.
    I was going off this article, so it may have changed since then: https://www.wowhead.com/news=286660/...t-weekly-reset

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, as for content, I'm not expecting a whole lot, but as for release date, it'll be out around the start of or before November. Historically, X.1 patches are released 2 - 3 months after launch. 8.1.5 will probably have the actual raid itself.

That said, I'm not sure if they'll add a new area. I'm thinking they might have to add something since there's no real raid building for whatever Azshara raid is.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a big picture with the self-nerfing AP levels, all the system does is lets you select just how many hours you are going to spend each week on the AP and then puts you onto the moving escalator of AP levels accordingly. If I spend 2x more than you do, I land on the same escalator 3 levels higher, if I spend 2x less than you do, I land 3 levels lower. The difference stays during the entire expansion. If you are getting so much AP that you are getting more than 1 level a week, you reach the point where it's only 1 level a week, same the other way. After some time, the positions stabilize and we all move in concert.

It's a simple system.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea about when they are going to ship what, just hope they will ship some new gameplay in October and the big patch no less than December.
    They wont ship new gameplay in October. Most Ptr's last nearly 2 months. November seems more likely at this point. Early 2019 for the next big raid.

I could see them delaying Azshara until 8.2 though.

8.1-new Warcampain quests, Azerite system improvements, New warfront, new 3-5 bozz Zuldazar raid. Half a tier above so +10 item levels. Releases late November.
    8.2-Nazjatar zone. New dungeon. New war campaign quests etc late January.
    8.2.5-Azshara raid March.
    8.3-Gilneas zone, dungeon, warfront, war campaign finale July.
    8.3.5-Faction raid finale Late August/early September.
    8.4-Nyalotha zone, 2 dungeon etc Jan 2020.
    8.4.5 Nzoth raid- March 2020.

9.0 launch date November/December 2020.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2018-08-28 at 07:32 AM.

"Outside world mobs now scale up to ilevel 380."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Busybody View Post
    "Outside world mobs now scale up to ilevel 380."
    (You scared me enough to re-check the hotfix notes.)