Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Or maybe Thousand Needles?
    What could it be for? A warfront most likely?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    What could it be for? A warfront most likely?
    I was thinking of either a warfront or maybe, in the case of Thousand Needles, something bigger coming in from the sea or maybe the former Twilight Cultist shenanigans that went on there. We went there twice for Magatha, once in Cata where we got the freaking doomstone (or whatever it is called, I can't remember right now^^) and gave it to her and the second time in Legion for the Shaman orderhall quest, again for Magatha and that very same stone. Also her windserpent called Arikara, that killed puppy called 'father' in Vanilla when it hatched. Magatha has something going on that we know almost nothing about and has some connections to Thousand Needles, so maybe it's something to do with that?

Or maybe there will be a warfront, which could of course also be in Thousand Needles, if it's about Feralas maybe, or in Durotar, if it's about Orgrimmar. Although I can hardly believe the latter is the case, we've already had a Siege of Orgrimmar, a second one would be kind of pointless.
    However if it's a warfront in the Barrens, the orcs may have some holdings in Durotar for that. Hm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skimming quickly through some broadcast text and found some interesting things.

Unknown_Male: Good to have you back, Jaina. Why did King Anduin summon you?
    Unknown_Female: Sylvanas ordered the execution of Baine Bloodhoof. Anduin sent us into Orgrimmar to rescue him.
    Unknown_Male: You risked your lives to save a leader of the Horde?!
    Unknown_Female: After what he did for Derek, I felt I owed him a debt. We received some unexpected help from Saurfang... and Thrall.
    Unknown_Female: You were fortunate that you were not betrayed. Presenting your heads might have regained their warchief's favor.
    Unknown_Female: We had a common enemy. Sylvanas wanted us at each other's throats. Perhaps that's what Azshara wants, too.
    Unknown_Male: Hold on... Are you suggesting we lay down our arms and fight beside them? After all they've done?!
    Unknown_Female: No. Merely that we direct our efforts against Azshara instead of the Horde. That could buy time for Saurfang's rebellion to take root.
    Unknown_Female: There must be vengeance for Teldrassil. But if Azshara is not stopped, she will unleash her master upon the world.
    Unknown_Male: Very well. We will focus on defeating the naga queen. But if the Horde turns against us, they will answer for it.

Unknown_Male: Proudmoore and Shaw risked their lives to rescue Baine? Unexpected.
    Unknown_Female: Is it? Not long ago, Alliance and Horde fought together to liberate Suramar from the Legion.
    Unknown_Male: Cooperation between our sides has been the exception, not the rule. More often, we are at each other's throats.
    Unknown_Female: His life spared for one he saved.
    Unknown_Female: I am sorry for what happened to your people in Dalaran. The response was... Harsh.
    Unknown_Female: Perhaps we do not need to. It might be enough to direct our attacks against Azshara rather than the Alliance.
    Unknown_Male: That plan would infuriate Blightcaller... which makes me like it all the more. Hmm... "It stops when you turn from one another and walk away..."
    Unknown_Female: Yes. We also have a history of setting differences aside to fight greater foes.
    Unknown_Male: A lesson once taught to Jaina Proudmoore and me. Your counsel is wise, Thalyssra. Our focus must be on ending Azshara's reign.
    Unknown_Female: A truce then? We fight Azshara here, not one another.
    Unknown_Male: But if the Alliance undermines our efforts, the flames of war will rise again.

Unknown_Female: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N'Zoth.
    Unknown_Male: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.
    Unknown_Female: The war needs to end, Lor'themar. You know this to be true.
    Unknown_Male: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.
    Unknown_Male: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
    Unknown_Male: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin'dorei stand with me.

There's a bit more including some Azshara-y stuff I can post in a bit. Chaud probably will post to the front page with some of this at some point too.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Skimming quickly through some broadcast text and found some interesting things.

Unknown_Male: Good to have you back, Jaina. Why did King Anduin summon you?
    Unknown_Female: Sylvanas ordered the execution of Baine Bloodhoof. Anduin sent us into Orgrimmar to rescue him.
    Unknown_Male: You risked your lives to save a leader of the Horde?!
    Unknown_Female: After what he did for Derek, I felt I owed him a debt. We received some unexpected help from Saurfang... and Thrall.
    Unknown_Female: You were fortunate that you were not betrayed. Presenting your heads might have regained their warchief's favor.
    Unknown_Female: We had a common enemy. Sylvanas wanted us at each other's throats. Perhaps that's what Azshara wants, too.
    Unknown_Male: Hold on... Are you suggesting we lay down our arms and fight beside them? After all they've done?!
    Unknown_Female: No. Merely that we direct our efforts against Azshara instead of the Horde. That could buy time for Saurfang's rebellion to take root.
    Unknown_Female: There must be vengeance for Teldrassil. But if Azshara is not stopped, she will unleash her master upon the world.
    Unknown_Male: Very well. We will focus on defeating the naga queen. But if the Horde turns against us, they will answer for it.

Unknown_Male: Proudmoore and Shaw risked their lives to rescue Baine? Unexpected.
    Unknown_Female: Is it? Not long ago, Alliance and Horde fought together to liberate Suramar from the Legion.
    Unknown_Male: Cooperation between our sides has been the exception, not the rule. More often, we are at each other's throats.
    Unknown_Female: His life spared for one he saved.
    Unknown_Female: I am sorry for what happened to your people in Dalaran. The response was... Harsh.
    Unknown_Female: Perhaps we do not need to. It might be enough to direct our attacks against Azshara rather than the Alliance.
    Unknown_Male: That plan would infuriate Blightcaller... which makes me like it all the more. Hmm... "It stops when you turn from one another and walk away..."
    Unknown_Female: Yes. We also have a history of setting differences aside to fight greater foes.
    Unknown_Male: A lesson once taught to Jaina Proudmoore and me. Your counsel is wise, Thalyssra. Our focus must be on ending Azshara's reign.
    Unknown_Female: A truce then? We fight Azshara here, not one another.
    Unknown_Male: But if the Alliance undermines our efforts, the flames of war will rise again.

Unknown_Female: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N'Zoth.
    Unknown_Male: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.
    Unknown_Female: The war needs to end, Lor'themar. You know this to be true.
    Unknown_Male: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.
    Unknown_Male: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
    Unknown_Male: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin'dorei stand with me.

There's a bit more including some Azshara-y stuff I can post in a bit. Chaud probably will post to the front page with some of this at some point too.
    Interesting, so this suggests that whatever happens in Azshara's palace, Sylvanas will have no part in it.

Looks like we're building up to a Nelf/Worgen split of sorts from the Alliance and Forsaken split from the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Holy fuck, this could be mistaken for dialog from MoP, I bet it's Lor'themar and Jaina again being all buddy buddy like at the end of Isle of Thunder's agreement. What the fuck.

This is embarrasing guys, like, Horde fan, Sylvanas fan, Alliance fan. Doesn't matter, this is just too embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Interesting, so this suggests that whatever happens in Azshara's palace, Sylvanas will have no part in it.
    I don't think it was ever confirmed that Sylvanas herself went to Nazjatar (we know Nathanos and Lor'themar do), so this would make sense.

I think the biggest spoiler here is Nzoth got out

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Does this also low key confirm that we kill her? "Azshara fell"

That's also super disappointing. Although it could just mean defeat, not death.
    Azshara was never going to make it out after Sargeras and Kil'jaedan got whacked, girl or not.

What's really interesting is that apparently the Blood Elves join the rebellion against Sylvanas. That's curious. I expected Lor'themar to remain conveniently neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Holy fuck, this could be mistaken for dialog from MoP, I bet it's Lor'themar and Jaina again being all buddy buddy like at the end of Isle of Thunder's agreement. What the fuck.

This is embarrasing guys, like, Horde fan, Sylvanas fan, Alliance fan. Doesn't matter, this is just too embarrassing.
    Gosh, I really hope it's not Jaina and Lor'themar, but rather Liadrin and Lor'themar or something. Or maybe Thalyssra again, like in the second part. If it was Liadrin he would say 'our people' not 'my people' I guess. Maybe Thalyssra presses for actually using everything against N'zoth after her short experience with the madness in the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Thalyssra directly helps in one of the fights in the raid. So best bet is that it is her. She's mentioned in the dungeon journal.
    Yes, I hope so. It would a) confirm that she lives (which I thought anyway, but many did not) and b) make sure that Lor'themar isn't buddy-ing up with Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Forsaken split from the Horde.
    I wonder how they would mechanically do this when Sylvanas goes off to sulk somewhere when she's dethroned. A lot of players would presumably want to follow her. Blizz won't create a third faction. Would forsaken be allowed to enter Horde cities? Can they still group with other Horde races? Obviously they would have to, but it just doesn't make sense.

It's Blizz though. Thrall will probably pardon them all or something dumb like that and everyone will go about their merry way.

If it's Thalyssra, then I'm sure the negotiations won't go as planned and we might see our SMC warfront to coincide with Sylvanas themeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    I wonder how they would mechanically do this when Sylvanas goes off to sulk somewhere when she's dethroned. A lot of players would presumably want to follow her. Blizz won't create a third faction. Would forsaken be allowed to enter Horde cities? Can they still group with other Horde races? Obviously they would have to, but it just doesn't make sense.

It's Blizz though. Thrall will probably pardon them all or something dumb like that and everyone will go about their merry way.
    Same thing as Horde pandas, they won't give a shit because video game and factions splitting up friends and guilds over story is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    A real bummer, but was very likely. But I bet 8.2 will be bombardment with cinematics.
    Im betting on 4 good ones.

1 war campaign one.
    1 Magni one.
    1 Nazjatar zone one.
    1 Nazjatar raid one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's another bit that involves faction leaders and Azshara. Who is speaking a bit more obvious here since they directly address each other a lot. I also found this conversation surprising. Maybe it is intended to placate players who were upset with the previous interaction between these two leaders.

Unknown_Female: Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari--and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.
    Unknown_Female: Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.
    Unknown_Female: It breaks a queen's heart to watch her subjects squabble. Such a futile argument. In the end, you will all be mine again--one way or another.
    Unknown_Female: Though our kingdoms stand divided, we share contempt for you, Azshara.
    Unknown_Female: You see? We have found common ground already. Dear children, it is only a matter of time until you kneel before my throne. As a willing subject... or a broken corpse.
    Unknown_Female: So long as Azshara controls the Tidestone, she has the advantage over us.
    Unknown_Female: Its power should be turned against her--not against each other.
    Unknown_Female: Agreed. Perhaps these ruins hold the key to striking down our common foe.

Sounds like it's part of questing in the zone at some point.

Then there's some more that was apparently related to the first three I posted:

Anduin and Jaina Talk
    Unknown_Male: Jaina, $p. We are faced with a dire situation.
    Unknown_Male: Our spies report that the Banshee plans to execute Baine Bloodhoof.
    Unknown_Male: We must rescue him at once. I know what I ask of you. To infiltrate Orgrimmar--
    Unknown_Female: I'll do it.
    Unknown_Male: Are you certain? It's an immense risk.
    Unknown_Female: Baine defied his warchief by returning Derek to us. He's risked more than anyone.
    Unknown_Female: I know how hard it is to offer an open hand when the rest of your people have drawn swords.
    Unknown_Female: If Baine dies, then the last of the Horde's honor dies with him, murdered by the Banshee Queen.
    Unknown_Female: We will have lost any hope of ending this war peacefully. And peace is worth the risk.
    Unknown_Male: Thank you, Jaina. There isn't much time, so make haste. May the Light be with you all.

Anduin Briefs Player on Quest to Free Baine
    Unknown_Male: My vision was of Baine. He was imprisoned alone, encircled by enemies.
    Unknown_Male: A figure emerged from the shadows. The warchief.
    Unknown_Male: She gave the word, and Baine... was executed.
    Unknown_Male: The spirits whisper that he will be slain before the next sunrise.
    Unknown_Male: So we are at a crossroads once again, and we have little time to make our choice.

Loth'remar Briefs Player on Quest to Free Baine
    Unknown_Male: Were it not for the Horde, the remaining sin'dorei might have died out against the Scourge.
    Unknown_Male: Garrosh nearly severed the bond between us, but in the end it held strong.
    Unknown_Male: Now that bond is threatened by another warchief... one whom I once knew well.
    Unknown_Male: My people will not abandon the Horde, nor will we stand idle as it is destroyed from within.
    Unknown_Male: Rendezvous with our allies and rescue Baine. We will deal with the consequences as they come.

If the Player Tells Nathanos
    Unknown_Male: So Lor'themar shows his true colors at last.
    Unknown_Male: A pity he has sided with Baine, but I am not entirely surprised. This is not his first betrayal.
    Unknown_Male: Play along for now. I'll send word ahead. These traitors are in for a surprise once they reach Bloodhoof.

After the Mission (I Assume If the Player Told Nathanos)
    Unknown_Male: Saurfang, Thrall, the Alliance... it is vexing to know our quarry escaped. But we must trust in the warchief's plan.
    Unknown_Male: Soon your loyalty will face an even greater test. I do hope you prove worthy of the Dark Lady's favor.
    Unknown_Male: I have been recalled to Orgrimmar. Remain in Nazjatar. Keep playing along with these traitorous vipers... until you are summoned.

The weirdest part of all this is: I don't think Sylvanas has a single line of dialogue in Patch 8.2 (I haven't looked exhaustively yet, but I haven't found anything either in what I have looked through). Nathanos is apparently in charge of everything we deal with in Patch 8.2, and he doesn't seem to really care about Azshara or the conflict there.
    Last edited by Simca; 2019-04-17 at 04:18 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You put your money that they'll talk about 8.3 on Blizzcon, while we had new expac reveal in EVERY odd year since 2005?

Only timeline that would sense would be 8.3 on Gamescom (probably we will be on 8.2.5 PTR at that time, so all will be news) and 9.0 on Blizzcon.
    Its fairly obvious Gamescom will be all about 8.3.
    Blizzcon will be all about 9.0. The timing is too perfect.

June 25th 8.2
    July 16th 8.2 raid.
    Gamescom 8.3 talk.
    Patch 8.2.5 released September 10th
    Patch 8.3 on ptr September 24th
    Blizzcon 9.0 reveal November 2nd
    Patch 8.3 released December 3rd
    Patch 8.3 raid released Jan 14th
    Patch 8.3.5 on the ptr Jan 29th
    Alpha for 9.0- Feb 19th
    Patch 8.3.5 live March 24th
    Beta 9.0 April 16th
    9.0 prepatch ptr June 12th
    9.0 prepatch released August 25th
    9.0 release date September 22nd

Something like that seems very plausible. Everything could get pushed back 1-3 months though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    IS IT HAPPENING? LIKE REALLY? OH MY GOD. Riiiiiiing the bell people, ring the bell! THE PTR IS COMING.
    See what happened when I stepped into the Summoner spot.

10+ Year Old Account

The weirdest part of all this is: I don't think Sylvanas has a single line of dialogue in Patch 8.2 (I haven't looked exhaustively yet, but I haven't found anything either in what I have looked through). Nathanos is apparently in charge of everything we deal with in Patch 8.2, and he doesn't seem to really care about Azshara or the conflict there.
    More of the same then. Completely neglecting the character for no real reason.

I smell Sylvanas 8.3 funtimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And lol @ Azshara. What a disappointment of a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post

They will probably do something dumb like install Calia as the leader of the Forsaken. It would also potentially give an undead allied race.