7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    What people seems to no be able to grasp is that we had a rush towards the big enemies too fast.

Entire Legion done in 1 Expac, the Major Enemy since Warcraft 3.
    It wasn't done in one xpac, it was THIRD xpac with Legion as a major threat. Also, it was xpac number 6, so I don't really see a problem regarding "major enemy" done too quickly. They gave him three expansions.

And Blizz has recently been foreshadowing a new enemy, a Naaru.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If it happens along with a Northrend revamp, not as an endgame zone, but still as 60-80 levelling content, they wouldn't need to raise (hehe) the DK starting level. Just lead them into Nothrend and suggest levelling there.
    True, but I think the more pressing issue is changing the narrative to encompass DK's getting access to new races.
    If it's the Ebon Blade raising DK's, they can give every new race to the class without a hitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It wasn't done in one xpac, it was THIRD xpac with Legion as a major threat. Also, it was xpac number 6, so I don't really see a problem regarding "major enemy". They gave him three expansions.

I can't wait for that storyline to play, excited to see Yrel wreak some havoc!

Vanilla and TBC had more variety than last 2 exp but let's pretend it isnt a huge Lore mess like GoT Last Season.

It wasn't done in one xpac, it was THIRD xpac with Legion as a major threat. Also, it was xpac number 6, so I don't really see a problem regarding "major enemy" done too quickly. They gave him three expansions.

Naaru are still related to Void Gods.

I mean it is ok to start exploring the " Void Lords " stuff but everything cannot be related to them.

There aren't problem if we face different enemies with different goals rather than " it was all according to N'zoth plan muahahahha " like a 1800 Villain.

The leak on the other thread have a way better lore U Turn with dragons.

It is a bit boring knowing that there is a unique enemy on the top of the ladder that is pushing other enemies towards us, seems like a Shonen Anime since we are already Godlike Entity that are the Hero of Azeroth but still fighting pirates and collect shit for quests.

At least in the first 5 exp? We were average joe fighting foes like a proper RPG.
    Last edited by Porcodio; 2019-06-17 at 03:36 PM.

Vanilla and TBC had more variety than last 2 exp but let's pretend it isnt a huge Lore mess like GoT Last Season.
    You're delusional.
    "More variety", it was a mess. Only a select few stories were coherent and lead somewhere. There's a reason for why people with the best understanding of the lore, got their information from 3rd party sources.

Current lore isn't a "huge mess", the game's never been more narratively coherent with stories being told and coming to a conclusion in-game, if you're struggling to keep track (which you clearly demonstrate), then perhaps you're not as much of a scholar as you let on.

There's contention as to how high the storytelling is in quality, but as is always established, the game was never above pulp fiction quality in its narrative. No, not even WOTLK where Arthas was little more than a Sunday cartoon villain through most of the game. Appearing, only to let the player go with a "I'll get you next time!"-kind of sendoff.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-17 at 03:40 PM.

Lore was in the Quest and scattered in the Game, because there were multiple lore and there wasn't a unique Main Story.

If you need cinematic and storytelling for anything you do you are just a lazy player but that wasn't in discussion for me, was pretty clear.

Also BFA lore is even scattered in Books outside the Game so lmao nice try, that isn't a mess nope.

Let's remember those 6 months of " guess who burnt Teldrassil " by Blizzard to try give a sense to their messy lore and people already knew was Sylvanas.

/Goldclap
    Last edited by Porcodio; 2019-06-17 at 03:43 PM.

I'm sorry you never played games with a proper RPG lore like BG or DPS but if you are addicted to mediocre lore like BfA one, I mean it is pretty clear you haven't the skill require to understand how proper lore has to be.

Lore was in the Quest and scattered in the Game, because there were multiple lore and there wasn't a unique Main Story.

If you need cinematic and storytelling for anything you do you are just a lazy player but that wasn't in discussion for me, was pretty clear.

Also BoD lore is even scattered in Books outside the Game so lmao nice try, that isn't a mess nope.

Let's remember those 6 months of " guess who burnt Teldrassil " by Blizzard to try give a sense to their messy lore and people already knew was Sylvanas.

/Goldclap
    There's "multiple lore" (lol) in the game today as well. It's coherent though, with a beginning and an ending. No need for a cinematic, the quest delivery is just fine.

"Scattered in books"? They always did have lore books, but the overarching theme is told in-game. Players don't NEED the outside sources to know what goes on, unlike back in the days. The Teldrassil cliffhanger wasn't a "mess", it was the usual attempt of misleading a playerbase with too much grasp on what goes on and what Blizzard storytelling amounts to.

You seem to struggle so much with keeping up, yet people I know with zero interest in lore still know what goes on thanks to in-game story delivery in recent expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naaru are still related to Void Gods.
    Ok, so? What stops Blizz from still making them a main baddies of an expansion, w/o any Void God in sight?

I'm sorry you never played games with a proper RPG lore like BG or DPS but if you are addicted to mediocre lore like BfA one, I mean it is pretty clear you haven't the skill require to understand how proper lore has to be.
    Ye, ok. I'm starting to feel it's a new bait account.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

WoW never had anything but mediocre lore though. It's the story delivery mechanisms that have changed. Playing WoW and thinking that makes you a connoisseur of sorts when it comes to storytelling, might just be the funniest shit ever.

You're just delusional, suffering either from selective memory, or having no actual memories of what went on back in the day. There's no skill involved in your grasp on things, so don't flatter yourself.

Legion was focused on The Burning Legion.

TBC ok even if we had also Naga and Blood Elves and Illidan was the Main Villain.

Which is the Third exp?

10+ Year Old Account
    The whining over Anduin is spectacular. Yeah he's a big man of the Light, no need to get crazy about it(Not hating here, just gets tiring of people whining about him). Islands have shown there's plenty of stuff going around that isn't just Old God related. Vanilla's purpose (And had more time in the oven mind you) is to show everything of Azeroth or at least the important things.

Try imagining Wrath of the Lich King if it was made for as long as Vanilla WoW was in development, probably different. Most people here respect vanilla because it brought us here, but can we like not obess over it. I've played like 2 old games and I know how far we've come. Same goes for WC3, retcons somehow means it insults the past...which isn't the case. Retcons should be treated carefully but its not like it insults the past. I mean Burning Crusade isn't exactly the greatest lore. It had to be reimagined for Legion's sake and IMO Illidan got treated better, seeing Illidan in any cinematic or ingame, was ....well it felt good. I liked Illidan being not...well BC's version. I didn't like that one Naaru acting like a dick(Cause I wasn't playing WoW at the time) cause we fought Illidan but at least Illidan wasn't a complete idiot.

Oh and Kael'thas.....cause more notable characters we want to raid(Even though we still know a reason why hes bad but still could of been executed better). Thats not vanilla but it speaks to my point of the past always having drawbacks...including myself.

TBC ok even if we had also Naga and Blood Elves and Illidan was the Main Villain.

Which is the Third exp?
    Legion had that Emerald Nightmare raid and that isn't Legion related at all. Its more of Old God horror stuff that awaited us post Sargeras future. TBC used Illidan as a main villain but they did a pivot to Kil'Jaeden to the Legion. It wasn't graceful at all, sure ppl enjoyed it but execution wasn't great. Oh and Stormheim having that backdrop of faction conflict which should of clued us all in of BFA's coming but yeah.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-06-17 at 03:53 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Which is the Third exp?
    Legion had Naga, Emerald Nightmare, Ysera, Drogbar, Bloodtotem, the Sylvanas storyline in Stormheim, Suramar and the rise of the Nightborne, the hunt for the artifacts...
    Like said, you not having the capacity for seeing side stories and the smaller villains =/= they're not there. No expansion ever only focused on "the big bad".

Legion wasn't all about The Legion, no matter how much your delusions pretend otherwise.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-17 at 04:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so? What stops Blizz from still making them a main baddies of an expansion, w/o any Void God in sight?
    just to clarify:
    Void Gods are fallen Naaru.
    They literally can't make an expansion focusing on the Naaru without including at least one fallen Naaru.

Entropius, Saraka, Karnoth, Decimatus are all Void Gods.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    just to clarify:
    Void Gods are fallen Naaru.
    They literally can't make an expansion focusing on the Naaru without including at least one fallen Naaru.

Entropius, Saraka, Karnoth, Decimatus are all Void Gods.
    Ye, I think there has been a confusion. Pretty sure we all meant Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Try imagining Wrath of the Lich King if it was made for as long as Vanilla WoW was in development, probably different. Most people here respect vanilla because it brought us here, but can we like not obess over it. I've played like 2 old games and I know how far we've come. Same goes for WC3, retcons somehow means it insults the past...which isn't the case.
    Tbf, retconning in WoW usually takes place to clean up the narrative. It was all over the place, but the design philosophies coming into play during MoP meant that they want more story to be told in-game, and wrapped up in-game, with the books providing additional insight but not the ONLY insight, unlike back in the day.

I'm all for retconning, when it's done to improve on the story and bringing it into current content with a satisfying conclusion.

Ye, ok. I'm starting to feel it's a new bait account.
    Nothing stops them to make Naaru the reverse Void Lord enemy this time.

But an entire Light as Enemy Expac requires a really good lore to make it work, you can just

" Eheh zealotry light fanatics " a la scarlet crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    WoW never had anything but mediocre lore though. It's the story delivery mechanisms that have changed. Playing WoW and thinking that makes you a connoisseur of sorts when it comes to storytelling, might just be the funniest shit ever.

You're just delusional, suffering either from selective memory, or having no actual memories of what went on back in the day. There's no skill involved in your grasp on things, so don't flatter yourself.
    Nah I'm right, the only delusional here is you trying to find something that isn't in my reasoning.

Lore is a mess deal with it and stop crying if people point it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing stops them to make Naaru the reverse Void Lord enemy this time.

But an entire Light as Enemy Expac requires a really good lore to make it work, you can just

" Eheh zealotry light fanatics " a la scarlet crusader.
    It's already been bloody hinted at like TWICE. Once with Xe'ra and second with Yrel with her Lightbound faction on Alt Draenor. The road has already been paved for that already.

Nah I'm right, the only delusional here is you trying to find something that isn't in my reasoning.

You're the one who seems to care about how flawed Wow is and mentioning Vanilla like twice when the discussion was mostly over and not to mention insulting someone via their avatar.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You are wrong, your feels don't count as fact.

You seem to struggle keeping up for some reason, but that's a you problem.
    It used to be a mess, which is why they changed design philosophies on in-game story delivery.

I'm merely responding to your blatant display of delusions. Don't want a response? Don't put yourself on display.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's already been bloody hinted at like TWICE. Once with Xe'ra and second with Yrel with her Lightbound faction on Alt Draenor. The road has already been paved for that already.

You're the one who seems to care about how flawed Wow is and mentioning Vanilla like twice when the discussion was mostly over and not to mention insulting someone via their avatar.
    Can't wait to see where it goes. Would be nice to have another enemy come out of alt Draenor that got a satisfying arch a'la Gul'dan. They set up the Warlords so well only to have gameplay ruin it (along with the fact that WoD was never intended to have much development).