Is it just me that hears a distinct stabbing sound just before Azshara opens her eyes? It sounds like N'zoth... impaled her or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is alive of sorts. The chains are broken which if I understand

N'zoth is in some form "free"

Is it just me that hears a distinct stabbing sound just before Azshara opens her eyes? It sounds like N'zoth... impaled her or something.
    No I heard it to, I guess with his shadowy tentacle or whatever the hell it was, stabbed her and gave her life or something. I don't know, very hard to tell what happened with the limited information we got. Based on this, its the equiv of Kil'Jaeden dying but without BFA's Argus in the sky moment. They're holding on for that. I don't know how Sylvanas fits into this either. I'm not sure 8.2.5 would fit it all in, I mean it could but I'm not sure it would be enough(I'd still enjoy it but it wouldn't be the way I'd expect).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-07-09 at 06:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

BfA has a secondary theme of void
    My dude, we've had 3 Old God/Voidy/Titan Raids so far, the theme is being built up just as much. If anything the war feels like an afterthought now, specially since they've barely freaking used Sylvanas since Launch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    You know I thought I heard that.

And that, plus people thinking she died, made me realize something very concerning.

Is N'Zoth tied to Undeath?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "All Eyes shall be opened" could be related to Sylvanas, Magni or any major NPC that always was working for N'zoth and we just haven't realized it yet. In the sense of "open your eyes you dumb f*cks, you've been betrayed by your allies and still don't know it".
    Or maybe he tries to open literal eyes, his fellow Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "All Eyes shall be opened" could be related to Sylvanas, Magni or any major NPC that always was working for N'zoth and we just haven't realized it yet. In the sense of "open your eyes you dumb f*cks, you've been betrayed by your allies and still don't know it".
    I think all eyes will be open, is the other old gods that n'zoth will awaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I think all eyes will be open, is the other old gods that n'zoth will awaken.
    Or maybe it just means, that all will see the "truth" or "glory" or w/e. That sentence can have tons of meanings.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    Or maybe he tries to open literal eyes, his fellow Old Gods.
    Or to open all the eyes that have closed due to death.

Oh no it's all coming together. N'Zoth is Sylvanas' boss, and he's reforging the Black Empire via the undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    The eyes refers to his minions.

Did we all forget that we are wearing his eyes as his gift?

Formerly known as Arafal

Of course, this now leaves the important question of "What the fuck was Nathanos doing with the dagger all this time, if it did not relate to N'zoth?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is N'Zoth tied to Undeath?
    He's an Old God, so he has to be tied to the Void, especially since his minions used Void magic pretty much every time we've encountered them. And I think that the Void doesn't really like Death/Undeath too much.

But well... if both Death and Light can bring people back to life, perhaps other natural forces such as the Void can do so as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    My dude, we've had 3 Old God/Voidy/Titan Raids so far, the theme is being built up just as much. If anything the war feels like an afterthought now, specially since they've barely freaking used Sylvanas since Launch.
    Uldir was the first raid. Which tends to have a tenous relationship with the main theme at best. Let us not forget how Emerald Nightmare had almost nothing to do with the Burning Legion except some satyrs.

Dazar'alor was faction war themed.

Crucible of storms was a mini-raid, similar to Trial of Valor, which was also conspicously non-relevant ot the main theme at hand.

Eternal palace is a mid-expansion raid which also, has a more casual relationship with the theme. Cata had Firelands which was only casually related to Deathwing. He is not even mentioned in passing there.
    MoP had Throne of the Thunder king. Whose only claim to being thematically relevant was that it was about Pandaren history, the leadup to the raid was the only part that actually had anything to do with the faction war.
    Legion is the odd one out here, and you know it is true.

Faction war is the basis of the story. You can point ot as many quests you want that talk about void or death or Mechanical gnomes.
    But the fact of the matter is that the cinematic trailer was all about faction war. The pre-patch was all about faction war. The opening of the expansion is about faction war. And the main endgame storyline deals pretty much exclusively with faction war, with it having been set on a spelled out pause for this one raid.

The theme of BfA is faction war, and i will be dragged kicking and screaming before i accept that having the final raid be all about void is good narrative design.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer last patch fully focused on Sylvanas and wraping up H/A war, but so far everything points to 8.3 as N'zoth patch.

And by everything I mean end of 8.2 and fish at the end of Blizzcon panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to guess, Azshara isn't going to look too good next time we see her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Of course, this now leaves the important question of "What the fuck was Nathanos doing with the dagger all this time, if it did not relate to N'zoth?"
    Also, this...

This whole patch started with Nathanos taking the Blade of the Black Empire on some mission from Sylvanas and yet nothing in this patch follows up on that plot point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, this...

This whole patch started with Nathanos taking the Blade of the Black Empire on some mission from Sylvanas and yet nothing in this patch follows up on that plot point.
    8.2.5 War Campaign I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The theme of BfA is faction war, and i will be dragged kicking and screaming before i accept that having the final raid be all about void is good narrative design.
    That's the problem with the faction war storyline though, it was never good and never made sense. Not the artifical starting point called Azerite, neither the burning of Teldrassil nor anything that followed. Faction war NEVER made sense and that's why this expansion's storyline/writing has been so inconsistent and bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth or Azshara going into that dagger intensifies.

i bet sylvanas plot will just be her knowing about nzoth awakening and then all the stuff she did was to prepare for that stuff or something like that.

Also, this...

Most likely something that will be explained in 8.2.5.
    I think many of us forget that Legion raids were in x.x.5 patches, and not in the main patches.

BfA definitely has teh narrative legup on Legion that way at least. A patch with story content after the raid is concluded allows more narrative space to explain what happened afterwards.