Cannot wait for Worgen update/Heritage armor. Been looking forward to seing where the story of Gilneas is going. Hopefully Gilneas will be retaken, but i suppose that might be a tad too ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Cannot wait for Worgen update/Heritage armor. Been looking forward to seing where the story of Gilneas is going. Hopefully Gilneas will be retaken, but i suppose that might be a tad too ambitious.
    It would be a nice subplot after Sylvanas' downfall.

Let the summoning begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Let the summoning begin!
    Use your powers marlamin. We believe in you!

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    Use your powers marlamin. We believe in you!
    I already had a tiny scare just now but it was just Hearthstone patching.

Forgot to 'instagram' my sushi plate (+yakitori) as an offering to the PTR gods >_<

Will be offline for two hours soon, cinema, but I still hope the bulld hits soon!

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Exactly my point. Those changes are in the game, but we've not actually seen what the updated celebration looks like to my knowledge.

If they were going down a path while setting up the Brewfest stuff of perhaps Vulpera being available in 8.2.5 but changed plans for whatever reason, we may see some weird stuff in Brewfest this year design-wise. If that was never the plan or it changed beforehand, it'll be curious to see how Vol'dunshine comes to be during the event.

Seems feasible. I assume it would be more like sub-classes if so. Not sure how you'd do that as a pre-order without it feeling somewhat pay-to-win though.
    Remember that Legion had demon hunters as a pre-order bonus. It went fine. Some people might have thought it felt P2W, but it was only for a month and they couldn't do any of the new content until Legion actually launched.

Oh, I'm late!

*starts summoning*

*emphatic summoning*

Oh new patch come to the PTR I summon you! Let the mighty bird datamine your secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Forgot to 'instagram' my sushi plate (+yakitori) as an offering to the PTR gods >_<

Will be offline for two hours soon, cinema, but I still hope the bulld hits soon!
    I am jealous of you. 2 hours of distraction and not constantly feeling the urge to refresh.

Dammit, after walking the dogs and eating, still nothing.

If it doesnt launch at 8 we might not get it today?!?

I think Story and Allied Races in 8.2.5 will either be soft announced in the datamining, or in a legitimate announcement stream later on.

They usually slip up and include stuff like Thrall being in the Saurfang quest way before its available for testing, so...

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Exactly my point. Those changes are in the game, but we've not actually seen what the updated celebration looks like to my knowledge.

If they were going down a path while setting up the Brewfest stuff of perhaps Vulpera being available in 8.2.5 but changed plans for whatever reason, we may see some weird stuff in Brewfest this year design-wise. If that was never the plan or it changed beforehand, it'll be curious to see how Vol'dunshine comes to be during the event.
    I seriously doubt Vulpera will be an AR. Their brew might simply just be that - a new vendor drink flavor for Brewfest. Ogres have their own drinks, but are not playable. 8.2.5 will have to go live before the middle of September in order for the Vulpera to make it in time for Brewfest.

Also lore wise, I dont see how the Vulpera can join the Horde before Sylvanas, the Warchief and only person able to recruit new races, is dealt with. "Welcome to the Horde, Vulpera. We are currently in the middle of a civil war. Either side with your Warchief and kill your new allies, or join the rebels and be snuffed out by the Dark Lady."

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I seriously doubt Vulpera will be an AR. Their brew might simply just be that - a new vendor drink flavor for Brewfest. Ogres have their own drinks, but are not playable. 8.2.5 will have to go live before the middle of September in order for the Vulpera to make it in time for Brewfest.

Also lore wise, I dont see how the Vulpera can join the Horde before Sylvanas, the Warchief and only person able to recruit new races, is dealt with. "Welcome to the Horde, Vulpera. We are currently in the middle of a civil war. Either side with your Warchief and kill your new allies, or join the rebels and be snuffed out by the Dark Lady."
    Lore legitimately does NOT matter in the slightest: see Void Elves. If they want a furry race for people to play, they will make it so, they don't care at all about the lore reasons for it and will make it as hand-wave as possible (there is some inkling of them trying, with the few bits of "Alliance makes the Vulpera mad" stuff in 8.1.5, but they don't really give a shit).

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I think Story and Allied Races in 8.2.5 will either be soft announced in the datamining, or in a legitimate announcement stream later on.

They usually slip up and include stuff like Thrall being in the Saurfang quest way before its available for testing, so...
    Stop getting my hopes up you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Let the summoning begin!
    Unrelated to the quote but i feel as a thread / community we all owe you a huge thanks. You're always one of the first people to datamine the files and it must take up an extraordinary amount of your time.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be F5ing your twitter account for the next few hours (no homo).

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    Unrelated to the quote but i feel as a thread / community we all owe you a huge thanks. You're always one of the first people to datamine the files and it must take up an extraordinary amount of your time.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be F5ing your twitter account for the next few hours (no homo).
    You are better off F5ing https://wow.tools/monitor/ and other similar sites like BlizzTrack first. When the build shows up there datamining won't be far away.

Still no PTR build
    @Simca @Marlamin can we get an ETA? Also is it possible at this point for the build not to hit PTR until the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Still no PTR build
    @Simca @Marlamin can we get an ETA? Also is it possible at this point for the build not to hit PTR until the weekend?
    It's still very early. It can pop up in like 5 hours if we're unlucky today, it's always possible something comes up too that delays the build. But going off them setting up the forums and releasing the notes yesterday strongly implies them planning something for today.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Lore legitimately does NOT matter in the slightest: see Void Elves. If they want a furry race for people to play, they will make it so, they don't care at all about the lore reasons for it and will make it as hand-wave as possible (there is some inkling of them trying, with the few bits of "Alliance makes the Vulpera mad" stuff in 8.1.5, but they don't really give a shit).
    But how would their recruitment scenario work? In order to join the Horde, they have to get permission from Sylvanas. And she wont recruit anyone that isnt 100% loyal to her. She's not going to risk welcoming a race that will almost surely side with the Rebels against her. Likewise the Vulpera have a better friendship with the other races of the Horde, particularly the trolls. No way would they join the Loyalists and side with some zombie lady they only met once to kill their friends that helped them in Voldun.

If they still want them to be an AR, it will have to wait until the Horde civil war blows over and they get a new Warchief so that they wont have the awkward position of chosing sides and loyalties. But they're still in a position where they either look like cowards or backstabbers. If they wait out the civil war, then they look like cowards for not helping the Horde like they promised. If they join during the civil war, then they'll piss off the loyalists who will know that they betrayed the Warchief the second she welcomed them into the Horde.

But like I said, their biggest evidence is Brewfest. There's little chance that the patch will go live before Brewfest, which is a month and a half away. It does not make sense in the story for them to join anytime soon. Junker Gnomes joining this patch also creates similar story problems - siding with the Alliance while Mechagon is still current content for the Horde. If the Vulpera dont become an AR before Brewfest, then their chances of joining are low.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2019-07-30 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    But how would their recruitment scenario work? In order to join the Horde, they have to get permission from Sylvanas. And she wont recruit anyone that isnt 100% loyal to her. She's not going to risk welcoming a race that will almost surely side with the Rebels against her. Likewise the Vulpera have a better friendship with the other races of the Horde, particularly the trolls. No way would they join the Loyalists and side with some zombie lady they only met once to kill their friends that helped them in Voldun.

If they still want them to be an AR, it will have to wait until the Horde civil war blows over and they get a new Warchief so that they wont have the awkward position of chosing sides and loyalties. But they're still in a position where they either look like cowards or backstabbers. If they wait out the civil war, then they look like cowards for not helping the Horde like they promised. If they join during the civil war, then they'll piss off the loyalists who will know that they betrayed the Warchief the second she welcomed them into the Horde.

But like I said, their biggest evidence is Brewfest. There's little chance that the patch will go live before Brewfest, which is a month and a half away. It does not make sense in the story for them to join anytime soon. Junker Gnomes joining this patch also creates similar story problems - siding with the Alliance while Mechagon is still current content for the Horde. If the Vulpera dont become an AR before Brewfest, then their chances of joining are low.
    I would argue the bigger problem is with the Mechagnomes. Lorewise, Erazmin is still chilling with Gazlowe and several Horde in Rustbolt. We need to get a bit more separation from Mechagon before it will make sense in context.

Either that, or the recruitment scenario has to present Sylvanas as a undeniable threat to all Azeroth life, while simultaneously changing the recruitment so Baine or Saurfang or something takes over (For instance having Sylvanas leave Orgrimmar to go get the helm of domination or something)

Personally don't think 8.2.5 will have any Allied Races, beyond it just being a bad time, there is also the confirmation we had way back that said there would be no AR in 8.2.5.

Theres a huge possibility Sylvanas gets kicked out in 8.2.5, I wouldn't let her be a hang up.